It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Signs That The Collapse Of Our Modern World Has Already Begun.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Helmkat

You are just denying everything in the article. I hope at least you have had some fun with this trolling behavior.

It is no use trying to cover the sun with a sieve. You still will end up burning your eyes.

All the things you wrote are just silly.

edit on 6-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

Did I deny everything?

No.

Silly?

Yes, thank you, you got the point!

Issues like Global warming, loss of bio diversity etc. are very serious.

I was simply pointing out that there are other points of view.

Like the Bees. That is -very-serious. You can search and find other responces from me in other threads where I weight in on the subject. Its more then just pesticides, its also about our poor husbandry of the species too. On top of that Humans are killing off plenty of other species, why don't they get the same coverage? we will never know how the loss of carrier pigeons and dodo birds has injured the web of life. I'm concerned and you should be concerned too, but not just about the bees...

And another example was Wikileaks. I'm sorry but the blanket statement in the OP is totally myopic, Wikileaks is just as often seen as heroes.

I could go on and on but I made my point.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
S & F. Great post! Though #11 where it said the sheeple would likely not make it through, sent chills down my spine. Does that mean that us "awake" people are in a better situation?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Good thread

I don't necessarily agree with all the points in the article, but it provoked a lot of discussion with leads to thought which is good. We need more people to read, learn, educate themselves and wake the frack up.

Personally I believe we do not need 14 points, just 1. The one point is; Greed. This is the one major human character flaw that is causing us to destroy each other and our planet.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
S & F. Great post! Though #11 where it said the sheeple would likely not make it through, sent chills down my spine. Does that mean that us "awake" people are in a better situation?

Not really, we have to "awake" more people , them I think a better situation is possible. The problem lies in the numbers.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For a week turn off your Cell, your Laptop, listen to TV Network News once each day for thirty minutes. No three-hundred cable channels, only ABC, NBC and CBS for entertainment. You have now gone back fourty years.

The next week only radio only, no TV.. No Serrius or ESPN or PBS, find an a.m station, You have now gone back sixty years,

The next week read only local Newspapers. No TV, no radio, no PC, no cell only what you can digest from print, Congrats you are in 1930.

The final week, NOTHING. Conversation is your only News and information source. You are now in late 1800's rural America.

It is all about Information overload, Information KILLS.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Good thread

I don't necessarily agree with all the points in the article, but it provoked a lot of discussion with leads to thought which is good. We need more people to read, learn, educate themselves and wake the frack up.

Personally I believe we do not need 14 points, just 1. The one point is; Greed. This is the one major human character flaw that is causing us to destroy each other and our planet.

Greed insted respect to life. You are very right.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

While I agree in your premise that we are entirely too 'plugged in' as a culture, I have to ask:

How does 'information' Kill?

In my mind, lack of information is a much more daunting foe.

End of The World? No.
End of A 'World'? Yes.

Nice, OP.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry I just don't buy it. We've had extreme tornado outbreaks, food shortages/price increases, gas price increases all in the same year. (See 1973-1974)

Three Mile Island Accident
1973 Oil Embargo
1972-1973 Food Spiral
1974 Super Tornado Outbreak

Also, out IQ's have actually increased. See the IQ test is just a way to show how intelligent you are based on an average. However, the average IQ has actually increased over the years, but for the test's sake, 100 must be the average. So in all actuality, the IQ of humans has increased from the average IQ of people born before 1950.

The Flynn Effect and IQs

It's all just a bunch of fear mongering and information that is being misinterpreted by people who truly don't understand science and try to correlate everything with the end of the world.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can subtract from this list number 10. Counterfeiting money? I believe we are already seeing a world where we will not have to carry cash. I do not carry more than $50 in my wallet and almost exclusively pay for everything with credit card. I do this to earn points and get money back....Not that I get a lot back but after I charge about $15,000 I get $100 gift card of my choice.

I also see a lot of places already not accepting cash and will only take debit and credit cards.

I haven't written a check in over 2 years because of online bill pay.

I would also like to add to the list the total retardation of society. It seems that the masses are becoming dumber by the day. I can see it in the youth who are more inclined to play video games, party and go on facebook instead of putting their bright, brilliant minds to work.

Today's youth should be some of the most intelligent to date and yet we do not see this.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by RUSSO

I would also like to add to the list the total retardation of society. It seems that the masses are becoming dumber by the day. I can see it in the youth who are more inclined to play video games, party and go on facebook instead of putting their bright, brilliant minds to work.

Today's youth should be some of the most intelligent to date and yet we do not see this.

Yes. Me thinks this could be added to the #11.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

While I agree in your premise that we are entirely too 'plugged in' as a culture, I have to ask:

How does 'information' Kill?

In my mind, lack of information is a much more daunting foe.

End of The World? No.
End of A 'World'? Yes.

Nice, OP.

We aren't in an information age, we are in an entertainment age.
Tony Robbins

Control of information = Power.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully
I'm sorry I just don't buy it. We've had extreme tornado outbreaks, food shortages/price increases, gas price increases all in the same year. (See 1973-1974)

Three Mile Island Accident
1973 Oil Embargo
1972-1973 Food Spiral
1974 Super Tornado Outbreak

Also, out IQ's have actually increased. See the IQ test is just a way to show how intelligent you are based on an average. However, the average IQ has actually increased over the years, but for the test's sake, 100 must be the average. So in all actuality, the IQ of humans has increased from the average IQ of people born before 1950.

The Flynn Effect and IQs

It's all just a bunch of fear mongering and information that is being misinterpreted by people who truly don't understand science and try to correlate everything with the end of the world.

IQ is one type of intelligence though among very many. I bet if we average out all kinds of intelligence without bias we'd be surprised at how far we've fallen. Plus there's always bias to call into account. Are they IQ'ing people only at university (who have a predisposition for this stuff) or the population as a whole? Are they just going around asking people (because only people who enjoy puzzles may agree to do it, thus skewing it all)? etc.

I've read over some of that stuff, and you'd think with how much our "IQ's" are raising we'd not have people with 130+ being incapable of doing so many common things; let alone even thinking outside the box. Even in the science field all I see are one trick ponies that are just brain dead sheep and couldn't find their way out of a wooden house with a door. EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I've worked with brilliant minds that really make the general population look un-evolved, but they're rare.

I wish there was a universal kind of intelligence test, but then again-- I'd bet the results show our true colors... or rather decay for that matter.
edit on 5/6/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
you can apply these to any advanced civilization... and they all fell! lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

yeah it is the end of the world as we know it and it has been that way since 911 all the bull shhh that has taken place this week proves it even morewag the dog baby wag the dog and believe me it will get worse cuz the stage is being set for all that we see happening over seas too happen right here but lots of sheep are still asleep i wanna know where did the signs and banners come from so quickly??? crazy weather crazy people crazy times whats next would not shock me and should not shock any of us april was real quit until the last few weeks so whats in store for may??? iam just saying i cant wait to post my own thread cuz it will be big i love you ats keep waking the sheep

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Why are we so down on the Middle East? Chrisianity was born there. We take Jesus into our lives, call Him our saviour. We take Islam and call it our own, renaming it Church of England or Roman Catholic or any other Christian church you can name, and yet we condemn Jesus's birthplace.
A 15th reason could be that we dont live, breath and eat our beliefs, we are too busy condeming others to see our world is collapsing on itself. so now we think we are God, too ready to judge others .
Our new world will be one of unity where we live on one planet in like minds.
We will not play act at being God.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by angelas210
The problem with our modern world is that our technologies and innovations have taken away "natural selection". This is why we are over-populated. The dumb survive just as easily as the intelligent. So i really cannot fault "them" for wanting to exercise population control as our planet is choking with 7b people.
edit on 6-5-2011 by angelas210 because: spelling error

My brother and I were just discussing this last night...

We have an entire set of generations flourishing right now that grew up on Jackass and "bling". I can't tell you how many videos I've run across on YouTube with millions of views of some stupid idiot shooting a blowgun dart into someone's butt, and then them wondering WHY IT HURT?!?

Come on.. you just embedded a 4 inch piece of sharpened steel 3 inches into someone's flesh, and you really have to wonder why it hurt? And the other idiot just standing there TAKING IT and wondering why it hurt?

Really?

100 years ago, someone doing that would have died of a massive infection from that puncture wound by an unsterilized piece of metal and there was one less idiot in the gene pool. But now? We have antibiotics that'll keep them going.

Ugh...

And that's not to mention the 1000s of comments of "Cool!" "Haha!" "Lol!" and "I gotta do this..." on the vids...

Millions of views... and yet the REAL stories... the ones that are critical FOR OUR FREAKING SURVIVAL get 100 at best.

Ugh...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

AMEN! Music is another issue that comes to mind. Kids today want music that is catchy, simple and mostly non-sensical drivel as opposed to back in the 1970's when a kid at the same age would have listened to a beautifully written and recorded piece of music that inspired deep thought and numbed the experiencer with feelings.

As technology advanced, we dumbed ourselves down along with it. It's true that the most retarded videos uploaded to youtube get the most views. I see videos of younger teens (even older children!) playing a cover song on their electric guitar to show off their talent, which I find to be EXCELLENT and it gives me an overwhelming sense of pride and joy to see someoen so young using their mind so dilligently. But it has 20 views.
But then in the same breath, you see a 15 second video of Peter Griffin from Family Guy sitting on a couch reading a newspaper, when suddenly he passes gas. The views are in the tens of millions.

Really?

What are these people doing behind their computer screens.... "tee-hee-hee-hee"?

The funny thing about this (or not so funny) is I speak to a psychiatrist about my confusion about the behaviour of the world in this context, and I'm the one that's instantly diagnosed with a psychological disorder.

Again....Really?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

But what good is power and money when the Earth is poisoned, the masses are dead or dying, the economy is collapsed and all that TPTB sought to rule has be destroyed? What's left?

The Global Elite have every intention of surviving. It's we the peons who will die in what's coming.

I recommend you read a book that came out in 1994 entitled "Casebook on Alterative 3" by Jim Keith.

"Alternative 1 ... consisted of detonating nuclear bombs in the atmosphere to allow pollution and heat to dissipate into space, whereas Alternative 2 was a plan to construct vast subterranean habitats for the elite to escape into when the going gets tough."

Alternative 3 is for the Elite to escape Earth (doomed by pollution & overpopulation) to bases on the Moon & Mars. Until the Earth is safe for habitation again.

The book is one of the scariest I've ever read -- because it's believable. As an endgame, it explains much of what we are seeing happen.

(Incidently, Jim Keith died at age 49. He went into a hospital with a broken leg and came out dead.)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by ren1999

Lunatic. this guy predicted USA will split.

I dont buy it. USA is strong enought to know this would be a mistake.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

The US is not going to split. TPTB have been hearding us to unite with Canada & Mexico. This is what will happen, either willingly or by force. This is why our economy & currency have been intentionally collapsed. (We are sliding into an economic Depression.) A healthy US would never consider uniting with Canada. But a desperate US will. Once the US & Canada integrate, TPTB will force us to accept Mexico. An open border with Mexico will turn us into an instant Third World country.

The Elites will have gotten everything they want:

1.) free access to Canada's natural resources.
2.) ALL the cheap labor they can use.
3.) a new currency. The debt to China is in the old US Dollars.
edit on 7-5-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crymouth
Thank you for your post Russo - it explains / highlights so much that it is a wonder that more people around the world are not seeing this but I guess this is as a result of #11

The way the current "system" is set up can lead to only one thing - the destruction of all we know. I am so sick of the greed, ignorance and arrogance of our so called world leaders (read bleeders!) that I almost cannot wait for it to ultimately end.

I have been feeling so disempowered for so long that I have almost become apathetic to this destruction. And no it is not as a result of me being dumbed down by CNN e.t.c. it is just that it is so frustrating seeing blatant lies and abuses of power and not being able to do a damned thing about it - there is no truth or justice anymore let alone honor. The most frustrating part is that in order to live / survive on this planet, in this system means to are forced to succumb to it's evils - where are you going to get food to eat or water to drink if not through the system?

Urgh I am just depressing myself - my mission is to spread as much truth as I possibly can with an almost religious fervor in the hope that more people will wake up from their somnambulalism and that this will lead to change without giving two hoots at the raised eye browed looks I get and snide remarks about being a crackpot

Spreading the truth of what's being done to us is one of the few things we can do. The power players within our current system are so corrupt -- there's not much we can do about them. They own the judicial system.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It's easy to overreact to the news, but just be patient and some of these things will improve on their own.

It certainly only makes things worse to remind yourself of all the bad things that you have no control over anyway.

Focus on the good things and appreciate what you have. There is always plenty to feel good about if you look for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join