It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the bin Laden Raid Have Revealed a Secret New Helicopter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

A picture of the tail rotor of the chopper that the Navy Seals' Team Six detonated revealed unfamiliar features. Reports say it could be a new, secret helicopter.

When the Team Six members reached Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad one of the choppers made a "controlled but hard landing," according to reports, probably due to higher than expected temperatures.

Temperatures affects the density of the air, and low density makes it harder for the rotor to sustain the weight of the chopper, especially if it was near its maximum weight (being packed with soldiers and fuel to fly in from Afghanistan). Abbottabad is about 1200 meters above the sea level, and altitude also affects air density.

So what machine exactly experienced the hard landing described above? Short answer: we don't know for sure. Long answer: It seems that the tail rotor visible in the picture belongs to a highly modified version of the H-60, the chopper of choice of the special forces for more than 30 years. Aviation Week doesn't beat around the bush, claiming: "A previously undisclosed, classified stealth helicopter apparently was part of the U.S. task force that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 1."

news.yahoo.com...

Two things have stuck out as far as the helicopters used during this raid. First, how did the people inside the compound not know that helicopters were hovering nearby? Even the quietest of helicopters is going to have some sort of sound "signature". Second, 1200 meters above sea level doesn't seem nearly high enough for the air to be too thin to support a helicopter in flight.

Regardless, given the picture of the tail section of this helicopter, it does appear that we used some previously undisclosed type of helicopter to insert the SEAL team.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I heard them talking about it on the propaganda box, they said the new helicopter used diverts noise in the opposite direction, they said "it sounds like it's going away from you, when really it's coming at you."

They also mentioned that the Chinese were examining the design from the pictures.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
They also mentioned that the Chinese were examining the design from the pictures.

It was probably built by the Chinese. Seriously though, I'm sure the Chinese have been in touch with the Pakistani's asking if they can have a little closer look at that wreckage.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

This is interesting and easy to imagine that US forces would have blown up a damaged helicopter if the (stealth type) technology could be recovered. There is evidence to suggest for example that the Russians and Chinese got hold of some stealth type technology through the wreckage of the F117 Nighthawk, after it was shot down during NATO bombardment of Serbia in 1999, and used it in their current aircraft designs.

As for the noise question you put, perhaps the people inside the compound did hear the copter and fired on it which is why it went down?

Either way it explains why the initial government explanation of the craft going down was so short and terse.

On a side note I'm always interested in new military technology, wonder how this new(ish) helicopter looks in the night sky and whether it has been identified as a UFO in the past.
edit on 5-5-2011 by freethinker123 because: details on where the F-117 was shot down...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There are so many pre-existing threads on this topic it's crazy.. I posted an image of a concept helicopter called "Silent Hawk" which has the same exact tail rotor design

There's no doubt this helo is new and stealth .. it's basically a stealth blackhawk designed to operate silently
edit on 5-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

Good point. It may very well have been brought down by enemy fire. This story has changed more times than I can keep track of. Originally, I think they stated that the 18-feet high walls caused a lack of air to support the helicopter in flight. Really? An 18-foot wall? Don't think so.

Now, of course, it was mechanical failure or the fact that Abbottabad is 1200 meters above sea level.

I'm sure that at some point today we will read that it was a rogue flock of geese that brought it down.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If it had been a regular Black Hawk I see no need to burn it down.
Just leave it and maybe then ask if they can retrieve it afterwards. If not. Well not much lost.

Maybe it's one of those silent choppers that seemingly make no sound? Which you might hear about in the UFO community?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KamikazeNull
Just leave it and maybe then ask if they can retrieve it afterwards. If not. Well not much lost.

Maybe it's one of those silent choppers that seemingly make no sound? Which you might hear about in the UFO community?

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the concept copter I posted, the tail design is just too spot on .. which would make it indeed a silent helicopter ( blackhawk based )

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by KamikazeNull

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the concept copter I posted, the tail design is just too spot on .. which would make it indeed a silent helicopter ( blackhawk based )

Agreed. That is a definite match for the tail section we see in the picture of the downed chopper.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
From David Cenciotti's blog:

It probably isn't a new choppa, but rather some modifications to an existing one.

Imagine the look on the Chicom's faces when they find out the parts they just paid for is just a body kit for a uh-60.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Go post all this in this topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join