It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never heard the words "Conspiracy Theorists" uttered so much on T.V until recently.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

They are doing it to "shame" people into not asking questions. Conspiracy theory has an aura of "nuts" about it. So if they claim only conspiracy theorists are asking questions, they are hoping that non-Conspiracy theorists will be too embarrassed to admit to them for fear of being lumped into the "nutty conspiracy theory" group.

Its a bullying tactic.

Much like if you questioned or disapproved of the Patriot Act you must be some sort of terrorist sympathizer.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Me: "And yes, FB has been deleting my comments about things left and right since yesterday morning."

I would be very careful what you post on FB, I had made a seemingly benign comment that was removed, they are team Obama.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
oops, messed both post up, sorry
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by PaR3v

They are doing it to "shame" people into not asking questions. Conspiracy theory has an aura of "nuts" about it. So if they claim only conspiracy theorists are asking questions, they are hoping that non-Conspiracy theorists will be too embarrassed to admit to them for fear of being lumped into the "nutty conspiracy theory" group.

Its a bullying tactic.

Much like if you questioned or disapproved of the Patriot Act you must be some sort of terrorist sympathizer.

and this happens right here on this forum, I been the brunt of it many many times the bullying to shut you up,

We need to stick together, the division on the forum isn't helping matters .

Work together while looking for the truth, of course I think some poster are here just to undermine anything they don't like said about their political leader.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"Conspiracy Theorists" also believed that MKUltra was real, the Gulf of Tonkin was a farce (58,000 dead americans), and that banks like Wachovia are wrapped up in money laundering and drugs.

If these "Theorists" weren't around to ask the questions, these would not have come to light. How many more are happening right under our noses? Absolutely none? Doubtful. Just to say "Conspiracy Theorists" in a derogatory fashion is ignorant, given the examples listed previously.

Real patriots are skeptical. They demand answers, because to be a patriot you have to have love for your country and the people in it - not just the government. Being a patriot doesn't mean being completely subservient to who's in charge.

conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I would be very careful what you post on FB, I had made a seemingly benign comment that was removed, they are team Obama.

Then they definitely don't like all the Ron Paul stuff that's been linked to on my wall over the last 48 hours. ;D

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We are a threat to the government, in a low grade way because eversince 9/11 (prahaps even before) conspiracies have become less and less fringe and more mainstream. The threat we pose though isn't wheather were right or wrong but that we are slowly eroding peoples faith in the government, that is the threat we pose and that is the threat the government will stamp on.

link   
If you're catching the flak, you must be over the target.....

It'll be counterproductive - the more the MSM mentions the alternative media/conspiracy theorists/ATS, the more people take a look at what they are talking about.

link   
reply to post by PaR3v

I don't watch a lot of tv, but i believe I've seen the same in the news online. It might be due to the fact that it's harder to sell an emotion tied to a word in print, but i think it's also possible to consider that they might be using the blanket term "conspiracy theorist" to describe people who have theories about a possible conspiracy.

I guess what I'm asking, is the definition of "conspiracy theorist" negative? If it is, who's decision was that to make and is there an alternate description that is more suitable? If not, should "conspiracy theorists" be offended by the term, or find harm in its use? Or is what we should really be addressing the theories people have about conspiracy theorists?

I found definition and it sounds pretty un-biased to me

www.merriam-webster.com...

What is interesting, is how creepy this sounds

What made you want to look up conspiracy theory? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Most conspiracy theorist are actually dissenters of the status quo the ones that dare to tell a different side of a story due to scrutiny.

This is a danger to those that wants to keep control of the masses, people doesn't trust the media anymore than they do government , perhaps the media exposure will turn more people into conspiracy sites when they are in doubt.
edit on 4-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From OP

Almost every mainstream channel is saying "OH BUT THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS...."

When the MSM says "conspiracy theorists , the mean, "ALTERNATIVE NEWS".

The MSM sees all information that contradicts their story as a wild conspiracy theory that is made up by someone who does not get paid for it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11

www.merriam-webster.com...

What is interesting, is how creepy this sounds

What made you want to look up conspiracy theory? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).

Omg I was sooooooooo tempted to put some wild rant on there about the MSM and reptilian overlords spreading the term all over the news, and I just wanted to see the if the CIA and the NWO had used thought control devices to make them change the definition.

But I didnt want to scare my friends.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
www.cbsnews.com...

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits," Rogers said. "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only [color=gold]serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

Can you believe this crap? WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO CARE ABOUT CONSPIRACY THEORISTS SO MUCH?

I think this answers itself.
The MSM cares about the terrorist more than the theorist.

David Grouchy
edit on 5-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The other thing you may want to consider on why you are hearing about mocking Conspiracy Theorists, Political Forums, and Armchair Generals and bloggers etc on the MSM, News. All media are all COMPANIES.

Companies are for profit. Profit is their PRIMARY reason for existence, particularly if they are traded companies. Their PRIMARY mandate is PROFIT.

The Interwebz are competing with their profits.

People going to the Internet and not them is bad for them. Making people feel bad about it is good for their profits.

Sure you can drink from the tap, but it might KILL you. Only my special bottle water won't, and only crazy people believe otherwise! $3 a Bottle.

(weirdameican - you beat me to it)
edit on 2011/5/6 by Aeons because: Even this company.
This model is in competition with their model.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish that I didn't question everything.
My life would be much easier if I believed everything I was told.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."--Adolf Hitler

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
it is precisely because we know the truth...the propaganda has started, and before long, all the sheeple will be thanking the government for throwing us into FEMA camps instead of sticking up for free speech like true americans...make no mistake, they will come for the conspiracy theorists first...im desperately trying to figure out a way to escape this country before it starts happening...it will happen like this: first, OBL charade followed by continuing propaganda until the false flag attacks on American soil that will be attributed to retaliation, this will be immediately followed by martial law, and then everybody who doesnt tow the fascist line will be rounded up and imprisoned in FEMA camps...this should be plainly obvious to most people on this site, but i fear it is not...

HenryPatrick when you write "they will come for the conspiracy theorists first" i wonder who is They, and why are They come for conspiracy theorists? What is it that you foresee?

---

I think the recent upsurge in discrediting Conspiracy Theorists on TV is an excellent sign; it shows that so many people are interested, so many awake & aware are out talking with people, that TPTB are mocking free thinkers in a cheesy attempt to discredit a steadily increasing body of people.

This tells me its now twice as important to get out there and continue gently placing the seeds of thought. Those who are awake and aware should continue to engage others in civil, logical discussion. Now more than ever it is important to show restraint and discipline even though we may want to shout the obvious from the rooftops.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In some ways it might not be a bad thing Thatcher's "oxygen of publicity" for us. Surely the entirety of the people watching the MSM can't be 100% dumb. It may just pique enough interest for some to take a look at what CT's are saying. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
edit on 6/5/11 by goldentorch because: grammar

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
When a cheating spouse comes home late with a different smell on their shirt/blouse....and they are accussed or questioned...the first thing the ofender does is strike out with "You're crazy"... or "You're imagining things."

Same here, when you can't back something up with concrete facts, you tear down the opponent at every other level... move the spot light back on them....question their sanity, their intelligence, and their abilities.

I have so many co-workers and friends that used to roll their eyes when I opined about some "Theory"...but even in this Bin Laden scenario, most are all questioning the validity of Obama.

The consensus here as one friend chimed..."It has more holes than a Donut Shop."

So, our ranks as Conspiracy Theorists are growing.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The internet spreads conspiracy theories like viruses. The world is sick with an epidemic of conspiracy theories. That is news, and the media is talking about it.

Trust a bunch of conspiracy theorists to think media attention paid to conspiracy theorists is some kind of conspiracy.

:shk:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I noticed this thrend that the OP is questioning as well. One of the hosts on a news show today was talking about Osama's death, and he intentionally said, "Nobody believes the conspiracy theories" that Osama wasn't killed on Sunday, almost as if he was attempting to affirm that notion to the viewers. If the theory wasn't so widely believed as he was claiming, then why is it even worth being mentioned at all? I find that curious. Seriously, why is the news suddenly interested in painting conspiracy theorists in an inane and negative light when they can more easily ignore the conspiracy theorists.

Damage control was the best answer I read. It sounded very rational that the best way to tame a potential rising threat is to make that threat appear silly and illogical, as if the people presenting the threat are loons and what they say and do is daffy.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join