It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never heard the words "Conspiracy Theorists" uttered so much on T.V until recently.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hate hate hate and hate when the MSM throws "conspiracy theorists" around, those empty suits and skirts, with their brainwashed propaganda, but all I can say, is that anyone with a BRAIN knows that conspiracy theorist is merely a PTB mind control ploy. I side with all the conspiracy theorists, for the record, on this big forum, in front of everyone in this whole world. And prouuuuud of it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

i have to agree with you,friends and family are opening there eyes to the lies.there is still brain cells working.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Conspiracy

con·spir·a·cy

 [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
–noun, plural -cies.
the act of conspiring.
an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

Theory

the·o·ry

 [thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ries.
a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Mathematics . a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.

Funny how two rather benign words, when put together, become the euphemism for the big-bad boogyman. Whatever, I know better to listen to MSM (not everyone does, but oh well) and I've known for many a moon that my government hates me and this type of propaganda is no surprise.

The Government brings forth a ridiculous story like this one and it's the Conspiracy Theorists who get blasted. Surely shows how complicit out MSM is in matters of this ilk.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

perhaps the site and other sites and individuals should use that momentum to redefine that heading to one that is more competitive in terms of acceptance to the public.producing a bigger punch.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
They may be scared of us and that’s why they’re attacking, but I will say for them that it just may be working.

My roommate and long time friend does not believe the official story of 9/11, he knows all about the Gulf of Tonkin, the state of big pharma vs. herbal remedies, and other such topics. He knows the news to be a sham, I saw him watching Out Foxed not long ago, yet he watches the news every day. Some FOX, some MSNBC, some CNN.

That being said, about three or four days ago we were just randomly chatting and he says something along the lines of.... Conspiracy theorists are stupid. How can anyone be one? People can be so stupid.

I didn’t even say one word. I didn’t know what to say. Until then, I considered him to be one, and I know he thinks of me as one, so why would a rational free thinking mind hate on not only his best friend but on himself? I had no idea then, but now I think I do.

The media is good at what they do. Damn good.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits," Rogers said. "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

Can you believe this crap? WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO CARE ABOUT CONSPIRACY THEORISTS SO MUCH?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
www.cbsnews.com...

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits," Rogers said. "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

Can you believe this crap? WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO CARE ABOUT CONSPIRACY THEORISTS SO MUCH?

You can't win with these people.

They are expert manipulators.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
www.cbsnews.com...

The second half of that statement rings true plus they also know that theorists like ourselves on this website would never let them hear the end of it whether it was real or not.

They know where their bread is buttered at least. Damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
The "attacks" on Conspiracy Theorists is a good sign. It shows we are exposing the Truth in a louder voice that is heard by more people than ever. It is a tidal wave they may not have anticipated.

I've heard or read in the last year some very informed and intelligent reporters bad mouth us by parroting what TPTB says, like we have a psychosis or things like that. At the same time, I can't help but smile when these same, informed reporters say, about themselves and the debut of their career; " I would have done anything to get there! "

Apparently they did, and still do.

Every Truther in History has been bad mouthed. It's a good sign.

That's what they want to propagate. That anyone who believes in a conspiracy has schizophrenia or is suffering from psychosis. What they list as signs of electronic harassment correspond with the symptoms of psychosis. If you claim to have seen a UFO they want to lock you up. If you suggest that some group or some person within a governing body of authority has conspired against Americans they want to lock you up. If you mention the Constitution of the United States of America they want to lock you up. If you say anything at all that challenges peoples beliefs they are going to call you a terrorist and lock you up. Wait, what, the land of the free? Whoever told you that was your enemy.

To end on a positive note, if the New Madrid kicks off later this month a lot of us won't have to worry about it anymore.

edit on 4-5-2011 by NE1911 because: upside

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You can say that again. A few threads from this week. And lots and lots of comments in many others. Even that congress critter saying he doesn't what to hear any conspiracy theories.

Conspiracy Theories Under Attack By The Mainstream News.

The 5 craziest conspiracy theories on bin Laden’s death

Daily Show Ridiculing both Pakistan and Conspiracy Theorists

And to top it all off, we have this idiocy resurfacing again. [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread698091/pg1 Believing In Conspiracy Theories Is A Form Of Psychosis[/url]

I think there were a couple of other threads too. The mainstream media and many "leaders" are ridiculing and otherwise attempting to preempt potential conspiracy theories about the more recent events. Trying to get ahead of the curve because they know what's coming. And getting righteously dismissive and labelling and calling anyone with a perfectly valid question or hard a conspiracy theorist.

The good news is that 1.) they're thinking and maybe even scared and 2.) that they know there are people out there who are not easily led (even though number 2 can be bad news as well).

As I said in another thread, too, this is yet another way in the dozens of ways they've found to divide us. Anyone who doesn't toe the party line is to be shunned, ridiculed, and dismissed.

However, I think a lot of this is fear-based on the part of those doing the name calling and ridiculing and that it's working. Our voice is getting louder, and now is the time to get even MORE people questioning things!
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

that is damage control in force,and why i suggested redefine,remaining flamboyant is better then a sitting duck. a heading involving words long the lines like education would be my guess.
edit on 4-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Because they're hiding the truth in plain sight. They know the whole "OBL has been kiiled" story sucks so they are throwing around the term " conspiracy theory" to confuse the masses. What better way!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

In the police state we will be the new 'terrorists' !

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They call us "conspiracy theorists" because it sounds a lot better than "those people who did their own research and caught us in a lie".

Easier to fit on a t-shirt

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

I mentioned this a while ago on another thread.

Yes, this administration seems awful worried about CTers.

Thinking they know a lot about the subject and possibly have started a few themselves.

edit on 023131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They're feeling threatened, imo, so they are seeking to discredit anyone who doesn't swallow the official pantomime stories.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

They call us "conspiracy theorists" because it sounds a lot better than "those people who did their own research and caught us in a lie".

Easier to fit on a t-shirt

Yes, 'conspiracy theorists' is a term they came up with - because it's easy to disparage people by using that term. Perhaps we should come up with a better term and start using our own language instead of parroting theirs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The sad part is that the government's stance on any topic is to deny ignorance. Only to them that means that any question is a stupid question. If you try to ask why or get any kind of response from the government they will not even acknowledge that you've asked a question. They answer to no one. The average hard working people, who pull their weight and have to pull just a little bit harder because the people at the top aren't pulling theirs, have no voice anymore. Just like slaves.

The really sad thing is that I can't even argue that they should have a voice. Most Americans are content if they can pay their cable bill at the end of the month. The have the television on from the time they get home from work until the time they go to bed. Most of the time, even when they're at work, they have their heads in their cellphones. They've been systematically dumbed down. They've lost the ability to communicate. They've lost the ability to think.

In the 50s most high school graduates had learned trigonometry. Now they can't even make change. Not only that but they had learned a foreign language. Now they can't even speak English. Students in Texas are primarily taught how to pass the TAKS test. That is the main focus of the educational system in the state of Texas and before that it was how to pass the TAAS test.

There are 8th graders who test on a 12.9 level. They are already able to, and have, passed the TAKS test. By all rights they should receive a diploma and graduate, but they have another 4 years to look forward to. The curriculum is being dumbed down so the smartest students are kept learning at a pace that the slowest students can keep up with. They actually want them all to be stupid.

I have a relative who had to have surgery, recently, on a trigger finger that resulted from carpel tunnel syndrome. The doctor asked if she did a lot of texting. She explained that she didn't and how her thumb got that way. The doctor told her she was the first person he had seen in almost 10 years that didn't have trigger thumb because of texting. He went on to tell her that a large portion of his practice was built around treating teenagers with trigger finger. They text so much that they wear out their thumbs. Their cellphones are causing them to lose the affective use of their thumbs. Thumbs are what separate us from other animals. Give us the ability to use tools. What are people going to do in 50 years when nobody has any thumbs?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You see, conspiracy theories are not just for the lunatic fringe anymore, it is mainstream, people are starting to wake up and the government doesn't like it,

The internet changed the flow of information.

why do you think they want to censor the internet.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I will challenge them any time, provided a truly independent professional is involved, to do a psychological test on me and other willing 'consipiracy theorists' and on the members of congress and the president - and see if anyone is displaying signs of psychotic personality disorder.

I am confident about what the outcome would be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join