It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never heard the words "Conspiracy Theorists" uttered so much on T.V until recently.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
I noticed this thrend that the OP is questioning as well. One of the hosts on a news show today was talking about Osama's death, and he intentionally said, "Nobody believes the conspiracy theories" that Osama wasn't killed on Sunday, almost as if he was attempting to affirm that notion to the viewers. If the theory wasn't so widely believed as he was claiming, then why is it even worth being mentioned at all? I find that curious. Seriously, why is the news suddenly interested in painting conspiracy theorists in an inane and negative light when they can more easily ignore the conspiracy theorists.

Damage control was the best answer I read. It sounded very rational that the best way to tame a potential rising threat is to make that threat appear silly and illogical, as if the people presenting the threat are loons and what they say and do is daffy.

If they make all conspiracy theorists look crazy, then when one of them (should I say us?) reveals the truth nobody will believe him. They'll make us the new "Boy who cried Wolf" story.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Are you talking about the same media who sold everyone a pack of lies in their "efforts" to market two phony wars to the American public? The same media who does not know how to do their job and demand concrete evidence when the Government makes preposterous claims? The same media who does not hold the crooks accountable and enables the scammers to continue ripping everyone off?

The media's preemptive strike against those evildoer CTers is predictable. What would really be a surprise is if they actually started doing their jobs, instead of tipping their hands due to feeling threatened that their lies will eventually be exposed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I prefer the term "conspiracy realist".

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join