It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL Photos will NOT be released

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Funny how the US government flaunted every scrap of "evidence" they had to build the case for / justify the war on terror, including the gruesome ones involving chemical weapons being tested on dogs. Yet, when it comes to something big, like Osamas death, they refuse to release a picture as evidence.

Why they are concerned about inflaming muslims upon releasing a gory photo of dead Osama is beyond me. Regardless of Bin Laden being alive or dead, its not going to prevent future attacks on American targets.

And whats that again about conspiracy theorists insisting that anything released by the government would be fake? Oh well, I guess we can now expect the US to make all kinds of claims without evidence because the minority, i.e -conspiracy theorists would call it "fake" anyway.

"NASA has successfully put an astronaut on mars, but we wont release pictures/footage because those crazies at sites like ATS would call it a conspiracy. But believe us, it really happened."

"The army retrieved a crashed UFO and its alien pilots, but we wont release pictures/footage because those crazies at sites like ATS would call it a conspiracy. But believe us, it really happened."

:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
Where is this eye-witness? Put them on CNN. Lets hear their story.... wait thats right, were TOLD there was an eye-witness. Yes, again we must believe what is told to us.

The eye-witnesses are the people that were elected to be our representatives in the government. You can whine about not trusting them, but that's how our system works. You elect representatives and in the case of classified information they may actually get to see more and know more than what goes on CNN. If you don't trust anything the government says or does, that's fine... but don't go all exclamation pointy over a photo not being released if you've already decided you don't trust anything from the people releasing it.

There is NO PROOF! Nowhere. Nothing.

That's not true. There is proof. You just haven't seen it and you refuse to believe anything said by anyone in the government or the mainstream media (the most likely people to see and/or report the information.) Maybe if Alex Jones saw the photo? Would you believe him? Probably not. The only proof that will satisfy you is apparently laying your own eyes on the corpse, and even then you might think it's a "double" so you'd want to do some test, but you can't trust DNA testing right? Who knows what all that sciencey-science is up to... So, in the end there is NO level of proof that would satisfy. Tell me why they would even consider releasing a photo or a video when it will never ever be enough and only cause more controversy? It's the new crop of knee-jerk CTers that have caused this. Specifically, people like the "birthers" who refuse to accept any level of evidence, and worse than that they turn any evidence that is provided into further "proof" of insidious conspiracy, so why give them more ammunition?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
And whats that again about conspiracy theorists insisting that anything released by the government would be fake? Oh well, I guess we can now expect the US to make all kinds of claims without evidence because the minority, i.e -conspiracy theorists would call it "fake" anyway.

"NASA has successfully put an astronaut on mars, but we wont release pictures/footage because those crazies at sites like ATS would call it a conspiracy. But believe us, it really happened."

"The army retrieved a crashed UFO and its alien pilots, but we wont release pictures/footage because those crazies at sites like ATS would call it a conspiracy. But believe us, it really happened."

:

...Yep. That's exactly where we're headed.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I saw the Reuters photo online and I just want to go on record saying that it can't be him. Osama had long slender fingers and hands, and even taking into account the edema that normally accompanies kidney disease, it isn't going to make the fingers shorter.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From what I understand that 25 minutes starts around the time the helo "crashed"?... It's interesting that it included the actual gun fight, and I wonder if that is in fact by design. Maybe Osama wasn't as "resisting" as stated, and they were going for an execution either way so why film what might be a violation of war crimes rules? Or maybe the Navy Seals turn off the video mechanism when entering into a firefight as standard procedure. It's an interesting development to be sure. However, it doesn't change the fact there was a room full of people watching the mission unfold before their eyes via live video. What Panetta (or anyone) hasn't confirmed or denied is if the live-feed included footage of a dead bin Laden after the firefight. I'd be interested in that. Anyone see anything about folks in that room actually seeing a dead Osama?

They likely cut the video feed as the ice was still melting on OBL. After all, he's been in a deep freeze for a number of years. Maybe that's what all that water was in the photos that were released.

It's a side show to be sure. I don't trust any of these egomaniacs who get themselves elected - and then want to tell others how to run their lives. The big problem is, most people just buy into the BS and have very short memories when it's election time.. as if elections matter much these days.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kadee

There was no Reuters photo of OBL. Those photos were of other people who were killed and left behind.
edit on 5/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

Where is this eye-witness? Put them on CNN. Lets hear their story.... wait thats right, were TOLD there was an eye-witness. Yes, again we must believe what is told to us.

The eye-witnesses are the people that were elected to be our representatives in the government. You can whine about not trusting them, but that's how our system works. You elect representatives and in the case of classified information they may actually get to see more and know more than what goes on CNN. If you don't trust anything the government says or does, that's fine... but don't go all exclamation pointy over a photo not being released if you've already decided you don't trust anything from the people releasing it.

There is NO PROOF! Nowhere. Nothing.

That's not true. There is proof. You just haven't seen it and you refuse to believe anything said by anyone in the government or the mainstream media (the most likely people to see and/or report the information.) Maybe if Alex Jones saw the photo? Would you believe him? Probably not. The only proof that will satisfy you is apparently laying your own eyes on the corpse, and even then you might think it's a "double" so you'd want to do some test, but you can't trust DNA testing right? Who knows what all that sciencey-science is up to... So, in the end there is NO level of proof that would satisfy. Tell me why they would even consider releasing a photo or a video when it will never ever be enough and only cause more controversy? It's the new crop of knee-jerk CTers that have caused this. Specifically, people like the "birthers" who refuse to accept any level of evidence, and worse than that they turn any evidence that is provided into further "proof" of insidious conspiracy, so why give them more ammunition?

Come on.... we're talking about someone that our country has been hunting for 10 YEARS. You know what, forget all that. Would this hold up in court? Just ask yourself that question. If you were trying to put someone behind bars and you had no body, no pictures, no video and the compound in which everything took place was burned to the ground wiping all evidence clean, would you get a conviction? Of course you wouldnt so tell me now why we are to trust THEM just because they say it happend..? These people cant even figure out how many people are unemployed in our country and you want me to just up and take their word on something as big as this simply because they have a name tag?

Ive said it before and ill say it again. There is only one thing in this world that doesnt require proof and that is the Bible. THERE IS NO PROOF! All we have is a bunch of people with name tags telling us a story.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

*snip*

This is so true. I can't believe the downhill spiral the ATS community has gone down since I've started paying attention to it. Even only months ago, each conspiracy seemed to be fairly analyzed. I've seen some crazy UFO videos that would have fooled me be debunked by ATS people. I've seen other debunked conspiracies from the past that seem pretty reasonable so it makes me believe that this isn't the type of community that just keeps ramming unreasonable conspiracies down the throats of non-believers. Until recently.

When it comes to Obama, it seems that no amount of evidence or proof debunking the conspiracies involving him will actually earn the title "debunked". The BC thing? Why the heck is it not in the "debunked" category?! It has been, by every standard, debunked. And this Osama Bin Laden thing? Why not just have questions? Here is how a normal inquisitive person should react to the OBL news compared to how much of this community has reacted:

Normal Inquisitor says: "They won't release the photos? I'm not sure if I buy the official story. I'll wait for clarification since I have no idea what's going on."

ATS Community says: "They won't release the photos? I'm not buying the official story. I have no idea what's going on so it must be the ______ covering up _______ for ________ who's been dead for ________ years. And since I can't possibly know if that's true then then I certainly know that _______ has a secret ______ that's being used in case of a ________ for _________ and then, if the __________ ever tries to dominate the _______, it will be all because we had our first _______ president."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
bin Laden's death is meaningless. Our own US government has made it clear that there is no proof that he had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks. The substantiation is below.

1) bin Laden's FBI 10 most wanted poster makes no mention of his involvement with the 9/11 attacks.
www.fbi.gov...

2) The FBI is on record as explaining this fact by saying "the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

3) Former Vice President Dick Cheney has also stated publicly that the White House 'has never made the case that bin Laden was involved with 9/11.
www.youtube.com...

I have no idea where the notion that he was responsible fro 9/11 comes from. It seems to be propaganda. Actually bin Laden's involvement in the 9/'11 attacks could realistically be called a conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

So, in the end there is NO level of proof that would satisfy.

For starters, the supposed "gory" pics of Osama would do.

The problem is that the government refuses to release those to the public for the silly reason that its too gruesome for public viewing. Seriously? How is that supposed to satisfy??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

you know how many people are sayin they dont believe hes dead here in my conservative town? but MORE importanly, how many people wordwide are sayin conspiracy. if he is dead im sure they, "terroists" have stockpiles of videos waiting to be released, you know like tupac or biggie. but 2012 is an election year. thank you & i just signed up to ats but am familure with the website and appriciate the forum thing

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Perhaps I am wrong, but I understood the photo had been taken down by Reuters, so am back to where I started apparently.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iggy50

"The pics are too gruesome to see".

But hey..let's all go to the "family orientated" youtube website so we can watch Saddam being hanged!

That 54 year old UNARMED man with kidney disease must have been kicking the crap out those young highly trained assassins before they shot him in the chest and head.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not showing the photos....hum.....well....is he really dead?......or being kept alive somewhere.... being interrogated and then they will really off him. Its just a thought.....People need hard core proof that he is really dead....and that has not been provided to anyone's satisfaction.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How about just a picture of those guns Osama was reaching for. Oh really? The digital camera they took all those pictures with malfunctioned.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
T.S. Elliot

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

It's the new crop of knee-jerk CTers that have caused this. Specifically, people like the "birthers" who refuse to accept any level of evidence, and worse than that they turn any evidence that is provided into further "proof" of insidious conspiracy, so why give them more ammunition?

i was thinking the exact same thing. Theres definitely a new crop of CTers that throw any rational thinking out to support their theories. The after-birthers are a good example. You cant help but think its had an effect albeit minor on the decision not to release the photos.

I like a good conspiracy the key word there is "good" . Or in other words "plausible". Its sad to see how much the CT scene has deteriorated on ATS.

edit on 5-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by SKMDC1

It's the new crop of knee-jerk CTers that have caused this. Specifically, people like the "birthers" who refuse to accept any level of evidence, and worse than that they turn any evidence that is provided into further "proof" of insidious conspiracy, so why give them more ammunition?

i was thinking the exact same thing. Theres definitely a new crop of CTers that throw any rational thinking out to support their theories. The after-birthers are a good example. You cant help but think its had an effect albeit minor on the decision not to release the photos.

I like a good conspiracy the key word there is "good" . Or in other words "plausible". Its sad to see how much the CT scene has deteriorated on ATS.

Deny Ignorance !!!

Demand Evidence !!!!

Where is your EVIDENCE ????

All you have is hearsay...NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

You speak of rational thinking yet you are more than willing to accept the government STORY without ANY EVIDENCE !!

Is that rational ??? or GULLIBLE.

It is your duty to hold your Government to account, yet you choose to blindly follow the piper and ask no questions.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Funny. Everyone on ATS thinks that the first thing that the SEAL team was suppose to do before this raid is make sure their cameras were charged and the flashcard was the right size.

No pics? Big deal. On ATS, everyone would have a fit regardless. "They're fake!!" It doesn't matter what proof is presented, no one here will be satisfied.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by SKMDC1

Deny Ignorance !!!

Demand Evidence !!!!

Where is your EVIDENCE ????

All you have is hearsay...NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

You speak of rational thinking yet you are more than willing to accept the government STORY without ANY EVIDENCE !!

Is that rational ??? or GULLIBLE.

It is your duty to hold your Government to account, yet you choose to blindly follow the piper and ask no questions.

Cosmic...

But not having enough evidence to satisfy you shouldn't equate to "There is definitely a conspiracy here!" This is what is giving the community a bad name lately: it's the huge leaps of conclusions sparked by a lack of evidence yet stands on even less evidence.

Just treat it as an investigation. Investigators don't approach a crime scene convinced he knows who the culprit is before he even examines the crime. Sometimes you need to set your pet theories aside and try to be fair about what is going on.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think it's good to at least see how many people were actually expecting this.. it's becoming more noticeable and simply obvious how ridiculous "their" propaganda is getting.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join