It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seal Team 6: inside the Osama bin Laden assassination squad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Now that "AlQaida" can no longer make a shrine of Bin laden, we now in the US will be making one of the "heroes" that supposedly kill him.

How interesting, I have seen the so call "mysterious" heroes of the now famous Seal Team 6, popping all over the net.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You mean, HER. That is a woman carrying a 60 that was 100% mounted on that helicopter. Notice there is no handle on it for field use. Our military has not carried the 60 in field combat since maybe the 1st Iraq war. It has been replaced by the SAW because the SAW is about 20lbs lighter than a stripped down, bare bones 60 and the ammunition is half the weight, thus, a solider can carry more rounds for the SAW.

Now Im not discounting the 60, because when you can lay down a rate of fire with 308 when compared the 556 NATO(223)...well there really is no comparison IMO

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You were looking for them before were you?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by armtx

Now Im not discounting the 60, because when you can lay down a rate of fire with 308 when compared the 556 NATO(223)...well there really is no comparison IMO
Gave you a star for that.

If you have ever saw an M1919 Browning lined up against an M60, the difference downrange is very noticeable. The 30.06 packs a punch.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by armtx

OK you obviously are confused because I said this guy indicating the person speaking in the article Ilinked just so happens she was in the picture for the article. So I didnt need correcting, Also being as these individuals are all older the average age was 38 I believe and being as all weapons have thier own characteristics,and knowing how people become attached to things is it so hard to imagine its possible one was used there? Or whats more that navy seals never use them as boon stated to start this whole weapon debate.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Being a former Force Recon Marine, and having some dealings with the Seals, I have to say there is some truth to your statement but ...not much. I'll leave it at that. As to what weapons they were carrying-depends. I could see an m-60 being used for overwatch.Probably not, but possible. Most special forces have options on what weapons they choose to carry. It really depends on the person, situation,and what gives the most tactical advantage for the task at hand. In that situation I would have chose a mid caliber, short barreled, compact( such as an MP-5) for entry into the building with a crew of M-16"s or M4's to secure the compound,possibly a weapon (At least one person) capable of heavy suppressing fire like a M-60 and possibly a sniper or two. Just my opinion. Safety of the personnel is always top priority.
But since Bin Laden has been dead for some time-it doesnt really matter.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm almost positive that an M-16 mag is completely compatible with an M-4. Most special ops forces have the discretion to use what they want.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d1c5175f6ec.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm assuming this is a similar load out of a mission. Although the different types and requirements.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d1c5175f6ec.jpg[/atsimg]

The pic is from Operation Redwing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
They're begging for Conspiracy Theory's at this rate.

One legitimate photo is all it takes.

Just one, official, legitimate photo.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

you get all that out of a NOD's photo.. All I can make out is the Gentex helmet and the NOD's unit on the helmet.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

Your kidding right. If your claiming that you worked with and witnessed M-16's with the teams, then it wasn't the teams. The M-4 has been the main, 60 Cal for heavy artillery and the H & K MP5 for close quarters until the release of the shorty barrel for the M-4 several years back. There are other's stepping up, weapons, currently but since you worked with them maybe you know what those are. No disrespect, but your claim to the M-16 is so very wrong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
HEROS?? Bunch of idiots if you ask me, going to kill the most important person in the past 20 years and expecting to be alive after?

In all secrecy, they’ll be murdered one way or another. It’s just matter of time.

Just a matter of time egh. Thats funny, no really. I am sitting here wishing I could meat someone like you in person.

I have to say it, but you sound like the idiot here. You should really think about it and the fact that you think OBL is the most important person in the past 20 years.

Everyone knows that Michael Jackson is the most important person in the past 20 years.

Let me know when you have their identities. U2U me when you have them. I am sure you won't even come close to finding 1 of them. Good luck though.....................you have your hands full.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No really, because you are not going to find any photos at all, but is all over the news sources at least a reference to the "heroes".

Occurs anybody that is on the military side, Like my husband a retired Marine, love to know more about who are the ones that did the mission or were part of the mission, but been secretive is not much you are going to find about their personal lives, just overall training activities of the special forced over all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Seal Team 6 dont exist, i guess the white house stole the pages from official book of the supposed navy seal team 6

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I certainly do apologize if I miss-read that

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem

I'm almost positive that an M-16 mag is completely compatible with an M-4. Most special ops forces have the discretion to use what they want.

You are 100% correct. In fact, it is the same mag. There are very little internal changes, but they are using a 6 position stock and a shortend barrel down to 16" and there are a couple of very minor differences, but the parts ar ethe same.

Most everything else, a vietnam vet would see verry little difference from the 16 the M4

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

With no proofs of that it is difficult to believe

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I got photos of the OBL raid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Any real photos of team 6 during the raid will have the faces altered, this is a guarantee as its part of OPSEC to protect the identities of team 6.

Also some of if not all of team 6 has beards or mustaches (relaxed grooming regs)
because they work undercover at times and need to be able to blend in and not look military.

I will know the real photos when they appear.

But i expect a lot of fakes before then and many will have viruses attached.

Just go to Google images and type in DEVGRU to open photos of Seals in team 6

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

LOL you are correct man,

thats a heavy weapon, no much agility carrying that thing, plus do you know how long it takes to reload that weapon? you need a partner to watch your back while you do... meaning staying stationary for about a minute or more.

so for that specific mission it was not used.

(I am agreeing with you by the way Mr. Boon)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join