It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I unlock my mind!!???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I watched the video and missed 2 passes....

And can we drop the weed thing please, I dont smoke it anymore thanks

Looks like im gonna try meditation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

For me it was 5g of Psilocybin Mushrooms. That opened the door, meditation and contemplation for about 8 months after that led me to enlightenment.

Go into nature. Eat. Understand.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You can meditate in your normal life too, and you dont always have to "sit" in meditation. When I first began to meditate my preferred mediation was while driving. Because you really do need to focus on the road, and your mind has some experience doing that. Turn off any music you might have on, and bring your full awareness onto what is happening in around you, and when your mind starts wandering, bring it fully back to what is actually happening on the road.

You can "exercise" control over the wandering mind doing lots of things. Washing dishes, lifting weights, driving, walking, sitting. If you have a hard time doing it sitting still, find some other activity which you find more amenable to the task.

Ultimately, the goal is to be able to have this focus no matter what you do, not just while you sit still listening to water trickling on a cushion somewhere, so there is no wrong place to practice.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is a chemical in the back of the mind that produces a kind of "darkness" or "shroud" - you have to create enough density in order for it to be activated. It usually is a series of "walls" in your mind, eventually, you need to think in the domain of you emotions, your mind must not be in your brain, but your imagination or your perception must exist in the pit of your abdomen and rise into your brain, as opposed to originating from your brain. The first stages are to let go of any of your impedents, to allow your instincts to motivate your actions, and relinquish the control of the mind over your body. That way, you control your mind, your emotions translate into your brain and are illogical and confusing, and you use your mind to make sense of the confusion. In a sense, you have to destroy your mind until you reach an almost animalistic level, and then once you have done that, allow your emotions to translate into directed thoughts. Music and other creative abilities are from the instincts, they are essentialy random and chaotic, and it is with your mind that you refine the chaos into structure and eloquence.
edit on 4-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

That being said, here is some deprogramming:

edit on 4-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In reply to the "I have to be a famous successful musician" deal....

I have to tell you something from experience:

I grew up in the Music Industry, have friends that are successful, and have super talented friends that went no where.

1. Mastery. Those that succeeded, became masters of their crafts. The gutarists that I know who tour with Santana, do studio sessions with Lady Gaga, and travel the world..... they learned and practise every possible chord, style, acoustic, electric, and improv. They practice hours every day and breath music.

2. Sacrifice. All the successful artists I knew, literally left girlfriends, left their lives and dont have kids, sacrificing just about everything to get where they are. You can forget about a normal lifestyle or even a place you call home. Get used to sleeping on peoples floors, in tour vans, on the grass at parks. You become a nomad and its about paying dues.

3. Who you know. Those that have been successful, always went to every party, every industry gathering, every show, got t know everybody. Eventually it pays off. 6 degrees of seperation. Whoever you need to get to in order to be successful and take you to the next step, is usually less than 3-4 people away.

4. Study history. My successful friends know thier history. The understand all the different genres and can fuse any 2, 3, 4, 5 styles into something unique.

5. Surround yourself with the best. Those that are grinding, that don't stop, that have this thing about them when they walk into the room, everyone looks. These are the poeple that succeed in this industry and you need to be around them. Study the aura's and the gusto of people.

6. Collaborate and get along. Some artists create this Huge Ego persona and it prevents them from working with other acts. That is a one way ticket to failure and I've seen it too many times.

There is tons and tons of music out there that just sucks. I know lots of pro recording studio owners/engineers and they call it "polishing terds." Most music from most people is CRAP and that is the first bias most people have in the industry, that your stuff is crap unless you can prove its not.

All these bands/artists that have their terds polished at these fancy studios, they all talk just like you. They say they are the next big thing and they have to be famous musicians, but 99% of them never make it and all of their music does mostly suck.

There are many that have Huge talents. They fail because of the following reasons: Do the same thing over and over and never progress. Don't work well with others, or work with others at all. Too many attachments at home, child, girl/wife. Don't practise enough. They dont do any live shows. Ego is too big and turns most people off. Wont leave home town. Won't tour. Won't do internet promo work. Don't have an agent/manager. Try to do everything themselves. Drink/drugs too much. Too broke to invest in themselves/projects. Etc.
There is just way to much to overcome to make it. There is no money in album sales. The money is simply in tours and merch, and if you dont get yourself a name, nobody will come to any tours nor will they buy merch.

This is the reality of it. I see to many youngins in these studios with stars in their eyes. Their minds create this fantastic megastar scenario and they walk waround as if they are the next big super star. Then when I hear the music, it is just pure crap and I usually see these same kids 10 years later still trying to make it with the same sound, the same style, the same crappy music.

Every once in a while though, I've seen somebody walk in. You could tell their was something about them, but they didn't flaunt it. They were serious business and let the music speak for itself. These are the poeple that I know that have gone on to win Grammy's, go platinum, go on global tours, get natioanl TV advertisements, and be really successful. But when I hear these people's music, it truly stands out and puts you at awe.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
wow thank you! Great insight, just makes me even more determined!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Have you tried boltcutters or a sledgehammer?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
wow thank you! Great insight, just makes me even more determined!!

I would say in addition to what he said, do what you do for the love of the music, and dont spend too much energy on where you might end up. One thing that makes people shine in any field is a true, deep, and honest passion for what they do. Of course try your best to do whatever it takes in the business, but dont do it because you want to be famous or rich. You really never lose in life if you do what you are passionate about because you are passionate about it. Fame and fortune are wonderful if they come, but not getting them is only a defeat if thats WHY you were doing it.

I come from a musical family, although I have never pursued it myself, and people who play because they LOVE to play just make better music. Possibly because loving to play means you do practice more. A good friend of mine who played for a symphony lived and breathed music. And not because he wanted fame. He was more than happy just to (barely) make a living because he loved the music. (the type of music he loved best didnt really even make fame and fortune a realistic goal
)

Good luck to you.

I thought of maybe a better way to say it,

Real success is being happy, and doing what you love tends to make you happy, Success is NOT being rich and famous. Sometimes pursuing what you love and your happiness leads you to riches and fame. But not always. But pursuing riches and fame rarely lead you to real success and happiness.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

try doing things differently, for eg:

....if you are left handed, start doing more or trying to write with your right hand.

Learn a new skill, exercise...change your diet etc.

Fast...go without food for an entire day... while your fasting watch cooking shows.

Sit in your lounge room naked and attempt to juggle tennis balls. etc.

Dance in every room of the house without the music on.....

Eat something completely odd. Lettuce and honey sandwiches?

Have a bowl of icecream at 2am in the morning.

Brush your teeth without looking in the mirror.

Sleep at the other end of your bed, go to sleep with your feet on your pillows.

Put some breadcrumbs in your bed and try to sleep even though it annoys you.

Brush your hair in the opposite direction you would normally and then leave it.

instead of wearing your underwear, wear your bathers under your clothes.

have a birthday party on a day it is not your birthday...

Read a novel back wards...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Make and practice music like your life depends on it. But also do it because its pure fun for your soul, jam it out it, pound a hook, and have fun with it, explore and it'll take you over, you won't be making the music, the music will be making you. Trust me on that

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I use a combination of meditation and psychedelic substances. This is known as psychedelic psychotherapy and is also a part of Technoshamanism.

Feel free to U2U me if you want more information or if this is something you are looking at trying.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Maybe drugs/hallucinogenics can help you. I haven't taken drugs and I'm not encouraging you to do it but maybe it'll help you.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I know a lot of people are saying have a spliff, but that is a temporary unlocking of your mind. I know that majority of weed smokers are deep thinkers and thats good, but there has to be other ways to get there. I say this because I am no longer able to smoke weed. I smoked weed from 15 upwards and 2 years ago I had the worst bout of anxiety/ depression/ depersonalisation/ derealisation ect. It turned the whole world inside out, sure it unlocked my mind but in a permenant and frightening state

if your not aware of what depersonalisation is then heres the wiki description on it. depersonalisation

lemme tell you, it makes you see life for what it is but it is so frightening and emotionless that it doesn't feel like something you want to achieve.Everyone and everything you have ever done/seen or known is pointless and feels really weird. You feel nothing more than a robot.

So long story short i have nipped weed in the bud (no pun intended) and I too want to find ways of unlocking the mind but I am unable to use my much loved weed to do it.

I am not saying do not smoke the green, I loved it and am gutted it had that effect on me, i kno a lot of people that still smoke it and are fine. But all i am saying is there must be other way.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

the great guitarist, Dave Gilmore , from Pink Floyd ,was once asked how he wrote his incredible riffs and he said something like " you have to have it in you before you can get it out, some people just dont have it". Not saying that you dont have "it". i think you need a life changing experience like a death in the family or a bad injury from an accident to shock your mind into opening, maybe then you will see what no one else sees. (drug free)..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If you have headphones (won't work otherwise) listen to this 2-3x (I put it on auto-loop for you) endlessvideo.com...

And meditate (just sit quietly with your eyes closed, let your mind drift). You don't have to be a fvcking pro.

This frequency forces your brainwaves into the alpha state, so it's like a cheat for those of you that suck at meditating or just want some good relaxation time. My brother uses this to personally fall asleep.

PS better than pot with no side effects. Best of all, it's free.

edit on 6-5-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Consider your brain programmed by people that never really wanted to unlock their mind. Parents, teachers, friends, acquaintances... question everything in your mind that's seen as truth but is no more than interpretation, some opinion you've accepted to be true 10 years ago when you were young and had ideas of your own.

Withdraw yourself from society as much as you can (obviously exempting your job) and spend as much time alone as you can to inventarize your mind's programming one by one and re-evaluate them all. Learn as much as you can about the human's anatomy (the dry facts, skip the interpretations made up by locked minds), just dry facts about physics, biology, history. For example; humans are supposed to procreate to keep the species alive and this is controlled by DNA, hence we all want it, it's a 'natural drive'. But, that would also mean we would only need to actually do it for maybe a few times in a lifetime, or not at all since the brain can assert our numbers are good enough to sustain the human species. Or have fun with it but don't complain if your brain rewires itself in a way it might lock out the things you seek. Another example is IQ; some say it's genetically determined but this also suggests if you have a low IQ, you have the lesser genes and there's nothing you can do about it. Others say it's nurture, make a child believe in him/herself, encourage studying, make it fun and the grades would go up. But tell a child each day how terribly stupid it is and it will become that. These are just guesses since science isn't that far yet deciphering DNA, I like to believe it's nurture rather than nature.

Spend time alone in the woods, just walking for hours and allow your brain to reorganize itself. Maybe in 10 years you'll get results, basically take your age and how much information you have put in that brain all those years is what you have to work out. Ask yourself if you would have a writers block if you had never heard of it. You once read or heard about it and accepted a writers block as truth, your mind will just make it real for you.

Or you can always smoke weed ofcourse but quick fixes seldom last. Ofcourse, if you want to be a succesful musician you need to do the opposite of this and start a boyband singing about happy go by stuff.
edit on 6/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks, some great replies, I have to go out shopping now so I will read them properly and try out techniques when I get back.

As for the music thing, the reason I want to be in music so much is I love the way 1 song can affect people, like the way a song can cause all sorts of emotions to come out. Im not specifically aiming for money and fame, because if I am good enough that will come anyway. I really just want to make a name for myself by producing something amazing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join