It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I unlock my mind!!???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am a STRONG believer that our mind posseses abilitys we could never dream of possesing, but I feel like mine is just ticking over and clouded in black smoke. I need to open it up in order to achieve what I want to achieve, my dream is to become a succesful musician and for that I need to be creative. But right now all creative flow in my mind seems to be blocked at some kind of dam, I need to break that dam and let it all come flooding out. I know its my destiny to 'be someone' and its frustrating me that I never seem to be progressing, ts all one cruel circle.

If anyone can help me open up and become what I need to be then please help me. Lots of people say meditation but I have tried it and never seem to get into a medative state, I always seem to remian fully conscious.

Have you opened up your mind? How did you do it? Thanks in advance!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
smoke a fat blunt.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
smoke a fat blunt.

I can vouch for this.
Also, Meditate.

Removing deadly FLOURIDE from water etc. can help as it crystalizes the PINEAL GLAND.
The PINEAL GLAND is important to UNLOCKING YOUR MIND.

Get rid of dyes, MSG and all the other artificial bs from your diet. Eat organic.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Conscious because: forgot sumn

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I also believe in the powers of the mind, but I also believe we are far from controlling them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Take some Valerian root 30 minutes before bed. It is natural and it helped me to dream more vividly. I bought mine at Walmart at the herbal section. It seems to make my dreams very colorful and vivid. I became more lucid at some points in my dreams.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Marijuana will open your mind. Trust me. I can think much more clearly after a few hits.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Meditation isnt supposed to make you less than fully conscious. Of course you will be conscious.

"Unlocking your mind" isnt an acid trip. If you want to experience "awakeness," practice bringing your full attention into the very split second you are in. If your mind starts talking you are moving out of it. Bring it back into the moment by observing it talking. So, if your brain is worrying, note it with "worrying." Just keep catching your mind running away, and drag it back to the moment by noting what it is doing.

Over time, you will understand completely why that matters.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Meditation isnt supposed to make you less than fully conscious. Of course you will be conscious.

"Unlocking your mind" isnt an acid trip. If you want to experience "awakeness," practice bringing your full attention into the very split second you are in. If your mind starts talking you are moving out of it. Bring it back into the moment by observing it talking. So, if your brain is worrying, note it with "worrying." Just keep catching your mind running away, and drag it back to the moment by noting what it is doing.

Over time, you will understand completely what that matters.

SPOT ON.

A GREAT book on this is "THE POWER OF NOW" by eckhart tolle.
He has a website too, google it!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Also, in the night or when you have time, just allow your mind to wander. I mean, really just let your mind think of things without consciously thinking about something. I mean, you can choose to think of a certain thing. But if you just let yourself think and let the random thoughts flow, you'll be surprised what you will think about. It is kind of hard to explain. I mean, you think about something, but then you stop to think about what you just thought about, and then that interrupts it. But if you just sort of sit there meditating, but not chanting a mantra or anything, but just let yourself think of anything, and then the next thought..and then the next..

It can be interesting. If you stop to think about what you just thought about, then try to just let go to the next thing.

It is kind of hard to explain, but it is sort of like just letting yourself think without forcing yourself to think about a certain thing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Chant or just hum at 110Hz to switch dominance of the brain to the right hemisphere, improving creativity.

viewzone2.com...

Findings indicated that at 110 hz the patterns of activity over the prefrontal cortex abruptly shifted, resulting in a relative deactivation of the language center and a temporary switching from left to right-sided dominance related to emotional processing. People regularly exposed to resonant sound in the frequency of 110 or 111 hz would have been "turning on" an area of the brain that bio-behavioral scientists believe relates to mood, empathy and social behavior.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Chakra meditation...

Blunts work too, but thats just for fun

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
DI
METHYL
TRYPTAMINE

and a blunt, and meditation; it's all good my friend, just follow the way.

Try exposing yourself to some new ideas, watch zeitgeist (not the first one lel), watch some docos, watch the sky, find some new music, read some books (beyond good and evil, the spirit molecule) and NEVER STOP IMAGINING.
edit on 4-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This thread is intriguing to me. I'm always plagued by the feeling that my mind is being held back, like it should be able to effortlessly process information and experience at truly enormous speed. Also the control, accuracy and speed of my body feels like its severely curtailed, which I guess is related to the feeling of the lack of mental performance.
Is it possible humans are potentially capable of unimaginable performance, but we are being held back by something?
I relate to the sentiment that there is a kind of black cloud hanging over the mind and it feels to me that my mind lives in a relative state of foggy, drug induced ineptitude.
edit on 4/5/2011 by Recouper because: Fixed typo.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My opinion is salt is dumbing down society, there is so much salt in everything. I am sorry I dont have links, its just my opinion, I did research it a few years back. As another poster mentioned I think flouride is a factor in this also.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I used to smoke weed but now it just makes me feel like I wanna throw up so I stopped. Its interesting what was said about keeping your mind there on what your doing. My mind wanders off far to easily so I will definately check that website/book out if it can help, thanks!

What exactly is meditation then? What do you hope to achieve when doing it and how do you know you have achieved it?? Lol.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Meditation IS training your mind not to wander and learning to have the conscious ability to rein it in to the present moment at will. People miss a lot when they are a slave to the mind. The mind is supposed to be a tool of consciousness, not its master. Most people have no conscious control or ability to at will bring the full force of their consciousness for more than a second at best.

Try this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Il watch it when I get home! Thanks!

Your defenition of meditation explains alot!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Do not read the rest of the thread until you watch the video then, because someone who does watch the video may ruin the test for you.

Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Second everything illusionsaregrander has said, and also second, with reservations*, the marijuana recommendation.

To this I would add study of psychology, especially psychoanalysis, with the attitude that you are learning about yourself. I'd recommend first Karen Horney, especially if you consider yourself neurotic (i.e. in your inner world is a decent amount of anxiety and inner conflict), in particular the books "Our Inner Conflicts" and "Neurosis and Human Growth". Next I would recommend Jung.

*PS: As for marijuana, my reservations are there are things about being high that are very seductive (the enhancement of sensual pleasure, the fact that it makes you okay with being bored and unproductive, etc.). The term "pothead" was coined for a reason. However, though I don't smoke anymore (because I did in fact turn it into an addiction), I cannot say it did not help me open my mind and discover things about myself. So I would advise caution, and treating the plant with respect. It can very easily turn into a vice, just another pleasure drug contributing to your overall circling the drain, if you're not careful.

edit on 4-5-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes, fat blunts work
Probably the most practical way to unlock your head. Fat blunts aren't for everyone though, so I would be sure you know what you are getting yourself into before you smoke the reefer. For example, if you have a history of mental illness, probably not a good idea, if you are one that tends toward depression, not a good idea, heart conditions, history of heart conditions, blah blah blah.

Meditation would be the safest way, but also the most difficult. It takes a lot of willpower and discipline to just sit there everyday , and quiet your head. Remember, that's all meditation is, quieting your internal chatter, you ride the wave of meditation, you don't make the wave. In other words, relevant deep thoughts, visions, and neuronal network reorganizing will not come from your consciousness mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join