It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The biggest story in the market is the currency crash right now occuring in the US"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Wow so serious, jeez

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

These are serious matters.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

They are and will be holding a ton of gold and other valuable items... the very rich (avoiding any conspiracy theories here after the first sentence) also tend to own businesses and property. Having stock in a company is partial ownership of it and all of its holdings. Considering the nature of some global corporations, many will do well if the USD collapses. Most of the super-rich in America also have homes outside of the country and those that don't should have enough non-dollar valuables to buy mansions almost anywhere they desire. But back to conspiracies, they print the money anyway and will start printing whatever new currency they want if and when they need to.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TonyBravada

Interesting that you bring up gold, as Soros seems to be selling his at the moment:

www.marketwatch.com...

Any thoughts as to why?

Also, India is apparently dealing directly with Iran for oil, without using the USD as an intermediary:

www.thehindu.com...

From what I've read, when the dollar no longer is the middleman, so to speak, for oil exchange, life begins to get bad for the US.

edit on 4-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

As will you.

It kills me to see members here on ATS wishing for the collapse of the dollar. Do you really understand the domino effect this will have on other facets of YOUR life? Just watch what you wish for.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yeah one day i'll be able to buy a house in America for a $1000. Won't be surprised about it being a 3rd world country.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Actually, for that much money, you could by 1000 houses!

abcnews.go.com...

In Detroit...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

We all know its gonna crash some day, why not sooner rather than later? And i know that it might be worse than im expecting but im as ready as i can be. I allso hope/have a feeling that after the crash, world will be a better place.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I always watch Max Keiser and Stacey because they are right on th nail. Did you see the chart Stacey shows with the commodities dip linked to WW1 ad WW2, they are dipping again. It was on tv in the UK yestrday.

I am sorry I can't post the link but another poster has suggested the amalgamation of Canada, USA, Mexico etc and a new currency I think they called it the AMC. Obviously the US$ would have to be scupperd to do this. Its a very interesting and quite chilling posibility. It postures a new 'enemy' now OBL has gone which will be China - I hope we don't all buy into it.

The writing on the wall goes back to Iraq in once sense for the US$ in that Sadam broke his sanctions and started using the Euro for selling his oil and I suspect there are a number of countries such as Libya who don't contribute to the Central Banking system, although its Rebels do now, other nuisances are Syria, Yemen who don't follow the rules and use the US$ as thr reserve.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All I can say to Americans on ATS please stock up on food, bullets and guns. Because you can never know what will happen with your dollar crashes.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Don't know what to think of this - one of our employees that's in the reserves just got called up to active duty - has to leave tonight.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Toilet paper indeed, however your homes mortgage was drawn up using said toilet paper as collateral.
If the dollar crashes, acquire as much of this toilet paper as you can and pay off your home with said toilet paper.
Remember, you promised the bank USDollars, not yen, yuan, marks, pounds, Etc.
Assuming you are a US home buyer of course.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by wardk28

Toilet paper indeed, however your homes mortgage was drawn up using said toilet paper as collateral.
If the dollar crashes, acquire as much of this toilet paper as you can and pay off your home with said toilet paper.

Someone mentioned this in another board but nobody picked up on it. This would be huge. But I'm sure the mortgage companies know this and must have something up their gold-cufflinked sleeves. We need to anticipate whatever that is.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

"They" can have anything they want up said sleeves.
My note says USDollars.
If "they" refuse them, they void our contract and i default on them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Lawmakers told $2 trillion debt cap raise needed (or zerohedge )

Up,up,up and...up and up and up and up and....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&q=CURRENCY:USDEUR&ei=GonBTZyLEon4gAe84dHWBQ&s a=X&oi=currency_onebox&ct=currency_onebox_chart&resnum=1&ved=0CDkQ5QYwAA

ugh. tinyurl...(dot)com/6dwc2qv

Looks like it's 2008 all over again. I wonder who'll get more TARP funding this time?

edit on 4-5-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
With the flooding of farm lands in the Midwest, wont this continue to raise the price of food to astronomical prices?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by wardk28

...or the holder of a relatively large student loan. I've heard lots of people claim that something like that would be converted to whatever "new" currency was adopted, thus saving the debtor nothing. That said, I really do not see any legal mechanism whatsoever allowing the banks to make any adjustments or non-US dollar demands to fixed rate loans.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

reply to post by wardk28

...or the holder of a relatively large student loan. I've heard lots of people claim that something like that would be converted to whatever "new" currency was adopted, thus saving the debtor nothing. That said, I really do not see any legal mechanism whatsoever allowing the banks to make any adjustments or non-US dollar demands to fixed rate loans.

Are there any laws against allowing banks to make those adjustments?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Maybe not yet but surely there are a few election candidates that need campaign funding

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join