"The biggest story in the market is the currency crash right now occuring in the US"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I prefer the cold.. a viking at heart i guess..lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Because they think they'll be able to things they've always wanted to do. you know, act like animals, take advantage of the weak and defenseless...So on and so forth.

People are also frothing at the mouth at the idea of a revolution so they can go kill those they disagree with because it's much easier than winning on the merits of their ideas.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Because they think they'll be able to things they've always wanted to do. you know, act like animals, take advantage of the weak and defenseless...So on and so forth.

People are also frothing at the mouth at the idea of a revolution so they can go kill those they disagree with because it's much easier than winning on the merits of their ideas.

Really? Now, that's really sad. But in looking back on history, it's been one war after another, one nation conquering another and the death and destruction that follows always seems to have a really nice label or justification.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Because there is many people that see the american dream is dead. It's not like the 50's, 60's when the government helped payed more for college for the poor (now high jacked by the banking industry with loads of lobbyist) and the richest 1 percent payed 70-80 percent in taxes. Or that a CEO's pay was only 30 percent higher than the average worker not 1000 times higher. The price of houses weren't artificially inflated. That being said, food was a much higher price, however there was far less chemicals in it. I want these things to change, i do not want a bloody revolution. I want it to change before it fails.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Well, I'm not about to give up on the American dream. I am sort of living it, to be honest. It still exists for me and maybe that's because I'm either lucky or smart, or both (knock on wood). When I think about the fact that just by my geographical location I reside in, I live like a queen/king compared to most of the rest of the world, I think how lucky I am. But I'm not so naive to think that I should just go blindly accepting what's spoon-fed to me by my government, not at all. I just wonder how different is our world now then it was with the previous wars and the people that lived through those times? Is this better, worse, not half-so-bad, medium or the worst?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't know how to feel about it either... There was an article, i think published in the wall street journal about how most men in their 30's today make worse pay than their fathers.

fathers.online.wsj.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by projectvxn

Have guns, ammo, food supply and the skills to survive. I do live in a rural area and grew up in the country so that helps. Still, I don't want the US economy to crash and it has been my experience here on ATS that some people actually want it to happen. Why would anyone want the dream to end?

So people feel that things have gotten so bad that you need a collapse to be able to properly rebuild.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If the currrency is crashing right now in the US, as your thread title suggests, then why is it that no one else knows this? I mean besides people here on ATS. And to be honest, everything is the same for me in my life...paychecks still coming in, still buying groceries, gas and beer. If this is happening NOW, then why is everyone going on about their daily life?

The MSM is not reporting it. Most people, who probably only have the time to or don't know of ATS, only check and watch the MSM.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
reply to post by TonyBravada

Interesting that you bring up gold, as Soros seems to be selling his at the moment:

www.marketwatch.com...

Any thoughts as to why?

Also, India is apparently dealing directly with Iran for oil, without using the USD as an intermediary:

www.thehindu.com...

From what I've read, when the dollar no longer is the middleman, so to speak, for oil exchange, life begins to get bad for the US.

edit on 4-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

Well, I could only speculate on why Soros is selling gold... actually I can't even do that very well because I have no idea how he is trading or how much. He could be trading actual metal for delivery (not likely) or he could be selling futures which he currently owns (there he could have heavily leveraged positions or slightly leveraged or not at all.) He might not have had any open gold contracts and opted to take a leveraged or unleveraged short position in the market. The two function very differently and both can be considered 'selling' gold... however, I would guess he is selling/closing leveraged positions. The possible reasons why are pretty broad and difficult to pin down until he makes another move. Also, you can narrow the possibilities depending on how much credence you give to a global banking conspiracy. I would guess, based on essentially no information (and a rumor at that) that he is closing up some open contracts for 1 of 3 reasons: He may be responding to the increased margin requirements (need to have more cash available to maintain a position) and using the profits to protect the rest of his holdings. It may also be a simply profit taking trade, if he bought at $1000 and sold at $1500 that's a pretty good trade - if it is profit taking I would go a step further and say he thinks there is going to be a pullback in gold and will get back in the market at a better price. The third reason (in the 5 minutes I gave it limited thought) I would guess at is an orchestrated move to produce some effect either in the market directly or just in the less wealthy investor. I don't know if he started selling before or after silver took a few big hits... could be that he and his friends inflated a small bubble just to pop it. If he knew when and by how much the margin requirements would be moved, he could have made many tons of money in a very short time.

As far as the USD being the global reserve currency and used for most international trading... yeah, that's a difficult one. The big players are trying to make the transition away from the dollar as slowly as possible. If it happens at a rapid pace a few things would probably occur. First and foremost, countries that lend us money would stop lending and try to sell what they can... The most notable effect that would have would be a rapid and substantial increase in interest rates. That causes major problems because while it technically only affects treasury yields it will raise interest rates on nearly everything because they are mostly interdependent. That means the amount the government pays in interest on the debt will begin to rise rapidly. I'm a bit tired but if you fast forward you see a ton of US cash flowing back into the country because foreign banks will no longer need or want to hold a large supply of dollars, which will cause inflation that will simply be impossible to hide... and as that progresses (along with more money printing to pay the higher interest) you'll see the price of everything skyrocket because now we will have to buy some yen or euro or renminbi before we can buy anything over the global market... and whatever currency(ies) it is, they will all want a lot more USD than they do now to buy one unit of their currency.

So yeah, I'm too tired and had a bit too much to drink... so I offer my apologies for what I'm sure was a piss-poor explanation.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

Do you really think they don't have gold and silver? Or won't make a law to take ours away?

Infantile, my friend

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i haven't read though it all but it has got me even ore worried about current events! Anyone heard of any new political figures or political party that might be gaining power?

Im thinking(hoping) nothing big will really happen because lets be honest it most likely that TPTB have a plan ready and the majority of people want no hassle and just want to keep the status quo.

I had a idea of withdrawing most of my money out of the bank. as i remember my history lessons well enough. Would that be useful in this situation you think?
edit on 5-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Interesting that you bring up gold, as Soros seems to be selling his at the moment:

www.marketwatch.com...

Any thoughts as to why?

Also, India is apparently dealing directly with Iran for oil, without using the USD as an intermediary:

www.thehindu.com...

From what I've read, when the dollar no longer is the middleman, so to speak, for oil exchange, life begins to get bad for the US.

Soros is shrewd, I bet you he is selling GLD, because he knows the banks behind it use fractional-reserve gold lending. I believe he is going for the physical, and is shaking out the weak hands so he can gobble them up.

Great link on India

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyBravada

Well, I could only speculate on why Soros is selling gold... actually I can't even do that very well because I have no idea how he is trading or how much. He could be trading actual metal for delivery (not likely) or he could be selling futures which he currently owns (there he could have heavily leveraged positions or slightly leveraged or not at all.) He might not have had any open gold contracts and opted to take a leveraged or unleveraged short position in the market. The two function very differently and both can be considered 'selling' gold... however, I would guess he is selling/closing leveraged positions. The possible reasons why are pretty broad and difficult to pin down until he makes another move. Also, you can narrow the possibilities depending on how much credence you give to a global banking conspiracy. I would guess, based on essentially no information (and a rumor at that) that he is closing up some open contracts for 1 of 3 reasons: He may be responding to the increased margin requirements (need to have more cash available to maintain a position) and using the profits to protect the rest of his holdings. It may also be a simply profit taking trade, if he bought at $1000 and sold at $1500 that's a pretty good trade - if it is profit taking I would go a step further and say he thinks there is going to be a pullback in gold and will get back in the market at a better price. The third reason (in the 5 minutes I gave it limited thought) I would guess at is an orchestrated move to produce some effect either in the market directly or just in the less wealthy investor. I don't know if he started selling before or after silver took a few big hits... could be that he and his friends inflated a small bubble just to pop it. If he knew when and by how much the margin requirements would be moved, he could have made many tons of money in a very short time.

After today's move in the market I'm highly suspicious that my 2nd guess combined with its extension as well as idea number 3 is, in fact, correct. I wouldn't go so far as to say he absolutely knew to the degree of either a major securities fraud or an iron-fisted financial conspiracy (however, I also would not refute someone else making those claims) but he had some very good insight and probably helped nudge the market balance over enough for the current pullback to manifest itself. Many investors knew a pullback (and a substantial one for silver) was coming in the not-too-distant future... but it looks like Soros and a few others knew exactly when it would happen. I will be just a bit more jaded when there is no investigation as to how his timing was so perfect (and there won't be.)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, the dollar is plummet.... hey, wait a minute! That's not the dollar. It's.... no, it can't be.

Wait, it is! It is! Gold, silver, and oil, the Triad of Solitude are dropping like lead balloons right now. This is certainly an unexpected and pleasant surprise to see a day when the dollar strengthens greatly, the Euro tanks, and commodities take it on the chin! Score one for the little guy for a change. Looks like next week we may have a legitimate chance at affordable gasoline.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
i haven't read though it all but it has got me even ore worried about current events! Anyone heard of any new political figures or political party that might be gaining power?

Im thinking(hoping) nothing big will really happen because lets be honest it most likely that TPTB have a plan ready and the majority of people want no hassle and just want to keep the status quo.

I had a idea of withdrawing most of my money out of the bank. as i remember my history lessons well enough. Would that be useful in this situation you think?

To answer your last question, that depends on what you do with it when you take it out of the bank: If you simply hold paper currency they no, it would be counter-productive as you drop from a fraction of a percent in interest to none with a much higher risk of loss due to theft or, well, misplacement.

As far as political figures or parties, the tea party is the only thing that comes to mind. The ruling class in this country all have the same end-game (make the rich as rich as possible.) My personal belief I can sum up to you in half of a nutshell - I'm a pure skeptic. I essentially believe very little beyond that which I have personally experienced... and even then I occasionally look back and question. What's worse is I have developed a nearly compulsive desire to argue against any reasonable ideas/concepts/theories, even when (if not especially when) they are currently arguments which I favor. Ok, enough sidetracking on my part.

If you take your money out of the bank I would recommend you spend (invest) it and keep only a small portion in actual cash... enough to cover a minor emergency and to ensure you aren't too inconvenienced during the period between now and the Weimar Republic. That's IF you take the money out of the bank, which I'm not telling you to do at this point.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Wow, the dollar is plummet.... hey, wait a minute! That's not the dollar. It's.... no, it can't be.

Wait, it is! It is! Gold, silver, and oil, the Triad of Solitude are dropping like lead balloons right now. This is certainly an unexpected and pleasant surprise to see a day when the dollar strengthens greatly, the Euro tanks, and commodities take it on the chin! Score one for the little guy for a change. Looks like next week we may have a legitimate chance at affordable gasoline.

That all depends on two things: The unemployment figures coming out tomorrow and whether or not Bernanke can keep his mouth shut. On a side note, The Economist (magazine/newspaper) predicted this (without a time horizon) would happen in last weeks issue and they said it would be triggered by a major pullback/minor collapse of Silver prices. They went as far as to say it could be the fault of COMEX not raising margins as they should have before the metal topped $40. I don't drive a whole lot, but for the sake of most of my friends I hope oil stays down... but I think that's very unlikely even in the medium term.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Tue 03 May 11 | 05:00 AM ET
"The biggest story in the market is the currency crash right now occuring in the US, I think a lot of people are debating whether it is in fact a currency crash," Keith McCullough, CEO of Hedgeye Risk Management told CNBC.

video.cnbc.com...

Quite ominous and yet interesting all the same.

This is the same guy that said a year ago that the USA was going to follow greece and advised people to "sell all US stocks NOW!"...last may....a year ago..

Doesn't he make money off of interjecting panic into the markets?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by MidnightTide

Might not be nice for you, but I for one have been waiting for Rome to fall.

If by 'Rome' you mean every country following the same economic path as the U.S., then get ready for a nightmare ride. No money in capitalistic countries means no army. The free world will be ripe for the picking by the likes of China, North Korea, the Middle East...

We will have no choice but to let those really special missiles fly. All sing: It's the end of the world as we know it. La la la

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join