"The biggest story in the market is the currency crash right now occuring in the US"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I keep reading about inflation being under control, but here in the uk as I've posted before about food prices going up at least 50% in the last couple of years. Leads me to think that the whole housing market collapse thing has been engineered to counter act that as they are both counted in how they work out the rate of inflation.

Most of the poster's on this thread are right though TPTB will be making a nice profit out of the US dollar crisis, not losing anything.
edit on 4-5-2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-5-2011 by JustXeno because: punctuation again. I know I should have gotten educated long ago .

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

Those people's wealth is not tied up in a specific currency. The people holding toilet paper would be American Citizens.. and China.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Might TPTB not even have any certain kind of currency. I would expect them to own lots of land around the world. I have heard that owning vast amounts of land is one of the best investments you can make.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
star and flag for OP

People, if you are reading this, you don't have much time left.

Get your preps ready - this is real - and you will want to be prepared.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Not entirely sure that that is how to imbed an image...BTW how can I incorporate my avatar in the threads? Please and Thanks!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiCentury

reply to post by surrealist

Not entirely sure that that is how to imbed an image...BTW how can I incorporate my avatar in the threads? Please and Thanks!!

How to use an avatar

Great article about the North american union you posted.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiCentury

How to embed image
Hope this helps some too.
edit on 4-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
star and flag for OP

People, if you are reading this, you don't have much time left.

Get your preps ready - this is real - and you will want to be prepared.

What can be done RIGHT NOW as we prepare for this?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Thank You brother....and your wife has an excellent talent. I really have some reverence for her artistic vision.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiCentury

Thank you so much for your comments on her art. Glad to be of some help.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Thanks for posting the vid, it's appreciated.

There's been little on here showing what's going on in the markets since the whole OBL craziness began, and it's things like this that we NEED to pay attention to.

I could never grasp the 'market', as you call it. Could you tell me who is the 'we' that needs to be paying attention to this, and what does it mean for a low wage worker, like myself? Also, even if I did understand it and paid attention to it, if a terrible crisis was (is) heading our way, what could I do about it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

You do realize they do not actually hold paper money like common folk right? The banks own all the real estate, the gold is stored up by governments, and the food production is based on money. We would starve unless we had a system to absorb the populace immediately. Do not wish for us to starve! Remember the rich own the companies that make everything, all the precious mines and metals, and our food making abilities. The paper money crash only hurts those than only have money, like the regular people. SInce most people did not invest the money into items they can hold, or things that can with stand a financial meltdown. Money can become worthless, but land and metals never will be.

The people own the money. The very rich own everything that matters.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Someone mentioned this in another board but nobody picked up on it. This would be huge. But I'm sure the mortgage companies know this and must have something up their gold-cufflinked sleeves. We need to anticipate whatever that is.

Creature from Jeckyl said that when this goes down they 'The Gov' will nationalize all the real estate if I remember right.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

What can be done RIGHT NOW as we prepare for this?

1. Have enough food (and water of course), for at least a month. Some say more, but this should be a minimum, because any period of transition is going to last at least that. Good for starters.

2. Protection (some say should be number 1). Guns, ammo, or someone who lives with you who has one, and can offer protection. Even if law and order are only temporarily disrupted, you don't want to be at the mercy of the mob, if you can avoid it. During the Los Angeles Watts riots of the 1960's, the word went out fast about shop owners who had shotguns, one liquor store in particular. They may have suffered broken windows, but they came through. Meanwhile, many shops were completely emptied. Maybe it won't save you from being torched, if it really gets bad, but maybe it won't get quite that bad where you're at. Have some protection, it's still just common sense.

3. Metals. When your green cash is worthless, what do you do? Even in transition, having something of value, that is completely independent of fiat currency, like gold and silver, can make a huge difference. In Weimar Germany, when it took a wheelbarrow of marks to buy a loaf of bread, the old folks who had prudently kept a few of the old gold coins did just fine. No, you can't eat it, refer to number one, but for thousands of years, precious metals have been the default in times of crisis. Why should it be any different now?

JR

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

If your poor and can't afford these preparatory provisions like myself... I'm screwed.. Anyone need some farm labor when this crap goes down.. I grew up working on dairy and chicken farms..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyBravada
But back to conspiracies, they print the money anyway and will start printing whatever new currency they want if and when they need to.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that out of the wad of cash I withdrew there were no newly minted bills in the bundle? Nothing post 2006 in my wad five years for paper is a lifetime.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Then do you have a skill set that would be valued in a post currency collapse?

Your farming background would be an asset

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Then do you have a skill set that would be valued in a post currency collapse?

Your farming background would be an asset

The only thing is, right now i live in New York City, if anything major where to happen, this city would go to hell in a hand basket. If i can survive long enough to make it out of the city....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If the currrency is crashing right now in the US, as your thread title suggests, then why is it that no one else knows this? I mean besides people here on ATS. And to be honest, everything is the same for me in my life...paychecks still coming in, still buying groceries, gas and beer. If this is happening NOW, then why is everyone going on about their daily life?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If the currrency is crashing right now in the US, as your thread title suggests, then why is it that no one else knows this? I mean besides people here on ATS. And to be honest, everything is the same for me in my life...paychecks still coming in, still buying groceries, gas and beer. If this is happening NOW, then why is everyone going on about their daily life?

Because OSAMA IS DEAD!!!! I don't think a collapse would necessarily have to be instantaneous. maybe i'm wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join