It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden's Death Picture Readied for Release

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Faruk

Hang on, straight after 9/11 George Bush went straight in to Iraq, Afganistan came laters. Now what did Saddam have to do with OBL? Nothing!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Faruk

Hang on, straight after 9/11 George Bush went straight in to Iraq, Afganistan came laters. Now what did Saddam have to do with OBL? Nothing!

Sorry I might have messed up my chronological order with what went on. I had a big car accident last year and am suffering from memory loss so I might have messed up my opinion on what Bush did after 9/11 but I guess you're right. Saddam had something to do with Bush; political stunt just so Americans can say ''We did it!'' what I find cliché is that tons of people gathered around and were chanting ''USA!''. You know that that gave the politicians a feel of confidence as they think their plan is working, once again that is my opinion.

Sorry again for messing up my post, I'm not here to argue with fellow ATS members. That's why I don't post much because I sit back and read different opinions on different subjects and this forum has cleared up my mind on many things. Not everyone wants to talk about these things, but lately I noticed people WANT to talk about these types of things.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ok. Let's say for a moment I understand the worries behind releasing operational footage/pictures; maybe from the security point of view or just smply maybe the video/pics are to bloody to feed the public.

They say they were watching the compound since september/00 or something like that. What about other video/pics? The ones taken during the "investigation" - maybe showing courries/terrorists entering/exiting the compound? Or; I'll go a little further on this one - maybe OBL himeslf. alive, on the compound grounds catching a little sun outside. Right? They say they had positive ID before going in. I really would like to see the information where they based this positive ID. Yes, I understand that some of those video/pics maybe still classified because they might show in ex. the angle and distance from the compound - leading to the identification of the building where they were taken from (retaliation to the people living there), etc. but, I refuse to believe that all the investigation video/pics hold security concerns.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iusalterum

They are all over the internet, and the place wasn't build until 2005. Does that make you half right, or half wrong?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They will absolutely not release the video. If they do, I would say it would be heavily edited. Faces would be blurred out , speech would be bleeped. Forget about releasing the whole video, only a small segment. Might as well not release it if they have to do such heavy editing.

Picture however is a possibility of course.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Even if the US Government do release any photos of the 'dead' Bin Laden they will ensure to make it clear that those so called 'doubters' will say it has been photoshop'd or edited. I cannot see how we can as a World prove the photos to be fake when most likely they will be

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Faruk

Makes no difference regardless of whether they went in to Iraq or Afghanistan first.....either way.....both countries were on the list as is Libya, Sudan, Syria, Brahrain, Iran, Sauri Arabia, Lebanon etc etc. Although they went in to Iraq first does'nt make any difference anyhow. Fact is and to the best of my knowledge, OBL was dead long before the US invaded Afghanistan and the saddest part of the story is the loss of 5000 American soldiers while not forgetting the lives lost among the Coalition Forces to chase a ghost that was already dead...if the threat ever truely existed at all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Faruk

Makes no difference regardless of whether they went in to Iraq or Afghanistan first.....either way.....both countries were on the list as is Libya, Sudan, Syria, Brahrain, Iran, Sauri Arabia, Lebanon etc etc. Although they went in to Iraq first does'nt make any difference anyhow. Fact is and to the best of my knowledge, OBL was dead long before the US invaded Afghanistan and the saddest part of the story is the loss of 5000 American soldiers while not forgetting the lives lost among the Coalition Forces to chase a ghost that was already dead...if the threat ever truely existed at all.
Yet tons of Americans celebrate OBL's death unknown by their own government lying to them. That's whats sad. So many lives have been lost. It's just funny how you never hear someone from the elite (royal family, presidents) never get sick.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I was thinking more on the lines of video/pics on HOW they got the positive ID that OBL WAS in that compound; surveillance video/pics etc..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Faruk

I'll let you in to a secret I found out some months back.....

did you know the Queen Mother had 7 whole blood transfusions throughout her life? I am also aware of certain vitamins they take, the best in the world and their food is not purchased from your average supermarket. In fact, none of it is GMO and their produce is untouched by Monsanto. I strongly doubt they even have most of the vaccines, if at all.
edit on 4-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iusalterum

they didnt know 100% he was there, they didnt have a photo of him in the compound or anything. The courier led them there and the activity (burning trash) etc confirmed soemthing was up. I heard they were 60-80% sure bin laden was living there.

Thats why its a ballsy call by the president. This OP could have ended in disaster with no positive result. Nothing was 100% guaranteed,

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Get ready folks for the MK2 fake,the only thing that will sovle this is a helmet cam footage of all the action as then there is absolute eveidence and not the bulldung we keep being fed.

Thumbs up for helmet cam footage

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Thanks; fair enough. Not even a report? An intel tip? Not even reports or physical evidence about "trailing courriers" or things like that?

I understand that nothing is 100%, but 60-80% seems a little odd to mount an military operation on foreign soil and to my opinion it does not justify sending two UH60 or AW149. Yes, there is indeed the High Value Target point that can justify it, but, again, with that percentage someone must be really desperate to mount such operation.
All this if we are feed the right information, indeed.

That makes me think - and forgive me if I'm wrong - dozens if not hundreds of other similar "unsuccessful" operations down the timeline going back for years in respect of the ammount of "tips" flowing in; and still - no "leaks" we've heard of. To me this doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm wrong anyway.

The other side is: It was just a lucky shot.

edit on 4-5-2011 by iusalterum because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by iusalterum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Tell you what.......

If Obama's special military ops can pull off a mission like that, why can't they extract POWS like Gilad Shalit in Gaza or American soldiers still POW........

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know if they release a pic of Osama with his brains blown out, some groups will consider it as US begging for war. US has to do it in a sophisticated manner. People just need proof he is dead.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Let's see what they have for us this time..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If someone doesn't want to believe they never will. There are already supposed leaked photos of his body circulating, some of which are clearly photoshop’d. The real story is not if he is dead or not but whether this farce of a story the government is spewing is true or not. If these fine war fighters are drug into the UN court on war crimes it will be very bad.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Breaking News: Pictures will not be released.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No surprise that they wouldn't release non-existent photos. "We killed Bin Laden, and dumped his body in the ocean before the news broke...we won't be sharing pictures, just take our word for it. We're the U.S. government, come on, you can trust us."

edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
On CNN they were just discussing there is talk of blowing the compound where he found. So there goes the last loose end of evidence.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join