It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden's Death Picture Readied for Release

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com

President Obama and national security officials are considering releasing a photo of Osama bin Laden's corpse today

"We are looking at releasing additional information, details about the raid as well as any other types of material, possibly including photos. We want to understand exactly what the possible reaction might be to the release of this information,"

Also up for consideration is the release of video from the "helmet cams" of the Navy SEALS who went after bin Laden. The SEALS capt
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Officials worry the bloody photos could inflame anti-American sentiment.

This statement is difficult to digest, I'm pretty sure the killing of innocent civilians by drone attacks and a decades worth of occupation inflames anti-american sentiment more than the release of these photos ever could.
So that statement is VERY difficult to accept as truthful.

In any case, I think the photos should be released
It's high time the Govt. shared information with the public

Apparently more information may be released soon
Thoughts?

abcnews.go.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They're considering more than one photo. The raid footage and the burial at sea video too.

Video release debated

“We are trying to anticipate the reaction to news of Osama bin Laden’s death,” President Barack Obama’s top counterterrorism advisor said Tuesday on NBC. “So the additional release of information or any type of photo evidence is something we have to take into account in terms of what reaction might be to it. We are doing it in a careful manner.”

The Obama administration is also weighing whether to release video footage of the raid on bin Laden’s compound that was captured by Navy SEALs whose helmets were equipped with cameras, Brennan said on ABC.

Drudge cracks me up too. They're jumping the gun.

Drudge Report Flash - White House Releases Bin Laden Death Photo

WHITE HOUSE RELEASES BIN LADEN DEATH PHOTO
Tue May 03 2011 10:22:50 ET

President Obama has decided to release at least one photo showing Osama Bin Laden's death.

The images, being described as 'graphic', are bound to stir emotions in the east and the west, and will likely become the most viewed photographs in modern history.

Developing...

"Releases photo" as their headline says has an entirely different meaning than "decided to release" as the story text says.

Sheesh. Someone's having a bit of a problem with verbs and tenses.

Seems everyone needs to be first.
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I so badly want them to release the video of this raid (night vision or not). I will settle for a photo, but it would be awesome to see how the whole thing went down from a soldiers perspective. This also makes me want to see other videos the government has never released, there must be thousands of them over the years. I never really thought much about them having video of all these black ops until this one.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They have already waited to long to release this, it's like letting a murderer (no I'm not comparing Obama to a murderer or any such stupidity) clean up his crime scene before you go in to investigate.

It's like they want people to wonder, distrust, and muddy the waters so much that no one has any idea what is real and not real.

Hesitant to release because they are gory? Poppycock.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'd rather see a video.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Incredible187

Yup, well, since Obama followed the operation live, they must have some video footage as well?

Would love to see that one...

www.indonesiapagi.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was just talking about this elsewhere. I would love for them to release the footage of the raid like they did with getting Saddam from his hole. It seems unlikely they ever would release such a thing but I hope they do. Didn't even know it was being considered until reading this thread. I hope they do release it. It would put a lot of my suspicions to rest.

Photos of him shot in the head or footage of a body in a white cloth dropped into the sea doesn't really do a whole lot for me but to see the raid itself would make me believe it.

As in, I believe he is dead and what not. But the ocean dump story is what is throwing me off track in that they are hiding something. So seeing the raid myself would clear my suspicion about it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree with you completely on this. Hey!
We agree!

I would love to see the video of the raid and if Obama was watching it, there should be video. I would also like to see corroborating photos. I want to see whatever they have.

I lean more toward believing it, but until I see some more evidence, I am stuck right here. Open-minded, but skeptical.

+17 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is the thing, they can claim all they want they are weighing what the 'responses' might be, but the truth is, it's just a way to keep the media spotlight by releasing this information in staggered amounts, and in a way that keeps people anticipating the next release of information, and staying tuned into the process.

Meanwhile much more critical events like what is happening with the Japanese Nuclear Reactors, the quagmire in Libya, and the push to enter the conflict in Syria just to name a few, take a back seat and get little to no attention.

Regardless of the authenticity of the claims, it really is just media manipulation, and one man who is supposed to be serving us, controlling the flow of information to serve him.

Pretty pitiful and shameful in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is it possible that these videos could contain information that may not be helpful to hand out? I really do not know but it seems like a video of our SEALs performing a secret operation might have stuff in it that they may not want everyone on the planet to have a first hand look at? Perhaps I am clueless on this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Here is the thing, they can claim all they want they are weighing what the 'responses' might be, but the truth is, it's just a way to keep the media spotlight by releasing this information in staggered amounts, and in a way that keeps people anticipating the next release of information, and staying tuned into the process.

Sounds like they've learned something from Julian Assange after all!

IRM

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Yup, well, since Obama followed the operation live, they must have some video footage as well?

Would love to see that one...

In the OP, and in the linked article.

Also up for consideration is the release of video from the "helmet cams" of the Navy SEALS who went after bin Laden. The SEALS captured the mission on tape by wearing helmet cameras.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've got a bad feeling about this. It seems as if they are trying to keep us distracted from what's really going on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

abcnews.go.com

President Obama and national security officials are considering releasing a photo of Osama bin Laden's corpse today

"We are looking at releasing additional information, details about the raid as well as any other types of material, possibly including photos. We want to understand exactly what the possible reaction might be to the release of this information,"

Also up for consideration is the release of video from the "helmet cams" of the Navy SEALS who went after bin Laden. The SEALS capt

Much like the fake birth certificate, it takes some time to produce because they have to get it right. It's hard to create a believable photo of Bin Laden, especially if you throw away the only proof you had into the ocean, that is, if it really was Bin Laden they tossed into the ocean. There's so much to not believe about this president and this government these days, I don't think they actually killed him. It's all a fake Hollywood movie show, I know cause I've seen enough action packed movies to know it's all fake, just like all the rest of the make believe stuff these days.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
remember Jessica Lynch
Jerry bruckheimer?
do you recall how the truth came out?

I guess not eh?

this is what you are going to get:

Private Jessica Lynch became an icon of the war, and the story of her capture by the Iraqis and her rescue by US special forces became one of the great patriotic moments of the conflict.

But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived.

news.bbc.co.uk...

about the movie

Inaccuracies
Although the film was based on a true story, most of the circumstances of the rescue have been challenged by the media[1] as well as by Lynch herself. Lynch was portrayed as a heroic soldier who fought up to her capture. In reality, at the time of the crash of her vehicle, she fell unconscious and woke up at the hospital. Her rescue operation was carried out at an unresisting civilian hospital.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Meanwhile much more critical events like what is happening with the Japanese Nuclear Reactors, the quagmire in Libya, and the push to enter the conflict in Syria just to name a few, take a back seat and get little to no attention.

Regardless of the authenticity of the claims, it really is just media manipulation, and one man who is supposed to be serving us, controlling the flow of information to serve him.

Pretty pitiful and shameful in my humble opinion.

I have to agree with you, and I have been on the fence about this whole thing since the President made that abrupt announcement late last Sunday. It seems this is a diversion of sorts? Apparently, there is something big in the winds and they are trying shift focus. Who knows what it is though? It could be a myriad of things, and any one of the items mentioned in your remarks.

Keep focus on the OBL as the world continues to fall apart? They should have released as much information as feasibly possible shortly after the announcement of OBL's alleged departure from this earth. It certainly seems like a media manipulation and controlled release by the White House?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I'm clueless, too, but I think they could edit out stuff that might be a problem and still give us some information about it. I certainly hope they do.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

That is one of the reasons I thought that, if this raid was real, they would not release footage of how a top secret raid mission is accomplished. So it is interesting to hear it could be released since I didn't think it would even be considered.

Not going to hold my breath but that would at least cause me to give them the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. As it stands now, dumping the body into the ocean so quickly and before external confirmation could be conducted is WAY too suspicious for me to believe at face value. They have to give us something to work with in the sense of extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

As long as they don't take too long. The more time that goes by, the more it stinks of them fabricating evidence, creating reenactments, doctoring footage, etc. So whatever they do, they need to do it ASAP. If weeks, months, or years go by, then it does no good.

I know there will always be 'what if' conspiracies and those who will never be convinced but the raid footage would at least give us some reason to believe them and would make the sea dump more credible.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
AD I guess you don't watch cops much eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join