It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag The Dog - Three reasons why the official OBL story stinks to high heaven

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by lance_covel
reply to post by katamaro

It wouldnt bother me too much if they gave Bradley Manning a double-tap-free-ticket also.

Say whatever you want to about Bradley Manning but that kid had the guts to try and get the truth out when he saw something wrong being done. To stand up for your own convictions in the face of the great United States military monster takes a level of balls that the average person wouldnt know anything about.

Would you risk ending up in a cell in Leavenworth in order to do what you thought was right?

I didn't think so.

He might have risked more than an extended stay in Quantico

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 4-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Very little can be expected from the media on short notice. On 9/11 many may recall that the intitial report was that the first crash was a navigational error. Those statements came from all 3 major news networks. Point being, should we expect that the media will get it 100% correct when they are racing to be the first to report? If a link can be posted showing where it was stated that the event occured a week previouse, please post it. Not saying it doesnt exist, I just would like to review it. Also, as far as when the event took place, locals in the area have already substantiated that information.

I too heard commentators making the assumption that the raid took place at least a week earlier, and the White House took its time to confirm everything before revealing it. I think it should be written off as the babble of an ignorant talking TV head with too much live air time to fill.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by megalodon5750

or,,, the USA could spend an easy million in court, OBL wasnt destitute. Also, its easy for me to imagine OBL walking away a free man if he were alive for court.
Note, just on the news now. There will be NO official relase of OBL death photos.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

Why are you asking me? It wasnt my original claim, I was backing up someone who heard it on television, as I did. As other people did.

Someone in the thread linked to text of it, but we heard it live, so I cant link you to my brain. You can read the thread and find the link to the text version if you want to.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The conspiracies will run and run..

There seems to be a number of levels of conspiracies here..
- At the most benign level, the US politicians getting their facts straight and consistent. This is actually quite difficult when every syllable will be over analysed in the press and media - so expect differences e.g. "Capture", "kill" with news so hot and the vast media hunger for news

- At the next level, there is "diplomacy", all the politicians [not just US] spouting what their people want to hear, even if the truth gets stretched. Here is a thought -if OBL was not in the compound, what would have happened? Would we be told? There was no definitive proof that he was there but would you then expect Obama to say that he risked soldiers lives on what turned out to be a wild goose chase? Likewise, the tit-for-tat between Pakistan and the rest of the world, we will never know if US conspired with Pakistan as both have a vested interest in the muddied status quo; US relying covertly on Pakistan and giving aid; Pakistan covertly only half supporting US. Expect CHina to muddy the waters at this level

At the next level, there is the "Did the event actually take place?".. At this level, one of the key detractors is "How could military aircraft land without making a noise (or alerting radar / early warning systems?"). I do not have the answer to this - but may be worth exploring if the Seals were in a helicopter using "new stealth technology"?.

edit on 4-5-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11

Originally posted by BlackOps719

reply to post by katamaro

It wouldnt bother me too much if they gave Bradley Manning a double-tap-free-ticket also.

Say whatever you want to about Bradley Manning but that kid had the guts to try and get the truth out when he saw something wrong being done. To stand up for your own convictions in the face of the great United States military monster takes a level of balls that the average person wouldnt know anything about.

Would you risk ending up in a cell in Leavenworth in order to do what you thought was right?

I didn't think so.

He might have risked more than an extended stay in Quantico

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 4-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

I could definitely see the government executing Bradley Manning in order to make an example of him and to put the fear of God into other military personell who may want to come forward as a whistle blower.

The message is loud and clear.....speak out against us and we will kill you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And then there was the last minute postponement of the Royal Honeymoon because William the 2nd in line to the throne was needed for his day job [air sea rescue]. Now there is a conspiracy!

Or was he tipped off that their honeymoon destination [possible Jordan] would be volatile? This actually adds weight to the event taking place.

I watch with bated breath how many other top ranking Al Quaida are caught in the next 6 months.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
The conspiracies will run and run..

There seems to be a number of levels of conspiracies here..
- At the most benign level, the US politicians getting their facts straight and consistent. This is actually quite difficult when every syllable will be over analysed in the press and media - so expect differences e.g. "Capture", "kill" with news so hot and the vast media hunger for news

- At the next level, there is "diplomacy", all the politicians [not just US] spouting what their people want to hear, even if the truth gets stretched. Here is a thought -if OBL was not in the compound, what would have happened? Would we be told? There was no definitive proof that he was there but would you then expect Obama to say that he risked soldiers lives on what turned out to be a wild goose chase? Likewise, the tit-for-tat between Pakistan and the rest of the world, we will never know if US conspired with Pakistan as both have a vested interest in the muddied status quo; US relying covertly on Pakistan and giving aid; Pakistan covertly only half supporting US. Expect CHina to muddy the waters at this level

At the next level, there is the "Did the event actually take place?".. At this level, one of the key detractors is "How could military aircraft land without making a noise (or alerting radar / early warning systems?"). I do not have the answer to this - but may be worth exploring if the Seals were in a helicopter using "new stealth technology"?.

edit on 4-5-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

It would seem so

It was a secretly developed stealth helicopter, probably a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos published in the Daily Mail and on the Secret Projects board show that the helicopter's tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and tip fairings, swept stabilizers and a "dishpan" cover over a non-standard five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infra-red suppression finish similar to that seen on some V-22s.

www.popsci.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks Hawkman for the update

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So I was just thinking of a possibility here. If I have read right, then Pakistan is denying knowing OBL was hiding out right under their noses. There is no way Pakistan or America would have not known about it if he was hiding out in that mansion. I think that he was never there, that he has been dead for years now and that America may even be fooling Pakistan with this one. If you think about it that way, with OBL never even being in the mansion then it makes sense that Pakistan would have no idea about his whereabouts. America come in, claim they kill OBL and rush off without anyone from Pakistan even seeing a body. Then Pakistan get told all about this. This way America says they killed Bin Laden while also framing Pakistan by accusing that they knew where he was this entire time. Now I might be way off here but it was just a thought that I had about the situation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skygrinder

I just cant believe that Osama Bin Laden was living in a house in the suburbs, just down the road from a military installation, surrounded by neighbors who have said themselves that they dont believe the story to be true.

Hard to miss armed guards surrounding a house eight times larger than the other ones next to it, surrounded by a barbed wire wall 15' high.

Then there is the issue of OBL having the kidney problems and needing dialysis. This requires medical attention, supplies, meaning doctors and technicians.

I would say that it would be next to impossible to conceal this secret amongst curious neighbors, pakistani military and police.

Also, how would these helicoptors be allowed to fly and land so far into Pakistani territory without being shot at? You mean to tell me that Pakistan has nuclear weapons....but not simple air defense or radar?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok... so what the hel is going on here.... i think that something big and horrible is happing soon. I am still wondering what all this means... there is a reason for all of this, but what purpose is that OBL is now found? Ok with all of the politcal problems and stuff but i dont know i just cant believe that! There is more alot more and the more im thinking about it and reading on what is going on now and back then i have this fright that someone is pulling these strings of people.

And... who is OBL really? I mean who is\was he? A figure of somessort.

haha its funny when i read about this i just cant stop on thinking of the USA minds being the pocker und then turning around and crying to the civilians that there is a bad guy..... my problem with that... what are the minds planning to do?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Off topic, but I would like to make this point concerning Bradley Manning: he's not in trouble for speaking out against the U.S. or its policies; what he did was reveal classified information. Information that could jeopardize troops abroad and American citizens back home. That, I believe, is considered treason.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Has anyone see this photoshop theory? (I didn't read all of it, sorry.)

lens.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muha137
Has anyone see this photoshop theory? (I didn't read all of it, sorry.)

lens.blogs.nytimes.com...

Those were the faked photos from the LAST time they tried to fake Bin Laden's death, back around 2003 when he supposedly died in an air raid in the mountains of Afghanistan.

As Alex Jones said earlier...the US gov has only killed Bin Laden nine different times...lol.

Sad and stupid all at the same time.
edit on 5/4/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

O, I didn' know that.
Thanks...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

That is actually a rational argument

I think Osama is dead and that part is real. My trouble with the whole thing is that I can't help but think they knew where he was all along. That bothers me. It does seem politically expedient and on that part you make sense to me. This was out of character for Obama entirely and smacks of an attempt at saving his office by any means.

Good presentation and it stands out from most of the other irrational posts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Muha137

Near the end he makes a case for not releasing the real photos, (if indeed they are real) by saying they will not dissuade the conspiracy theorists.

He is an idiot. Many of us arent "nuts" we want the truth. WE debunked those photos he is exploiting on his blog. Not the press. We did. Us "conspiracy nuts." Those photos would have never made it into the mainstream if they had some real critical thinkers on their payroll, and they wouldnt have to look like dimwits for every publishing FAKES in the first place.

For many of us, real pictures would make a difference. I think the real problem is, they dont have any.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Man i wonder what Bill Cooper would have to say about about this entire mess of a bs propaganda if he were alive

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidwave

I dont know. We could have asked him in person if the FBI hadn't murdered him in cold blood.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join