It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag The Dog - Three reasons why the official OBL story stinks to high heaven

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+165 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There has been a lot discussion and a great deal printed since our witnessing of the miraculous announcement that came from our dear leader yesterday evening. There have been tearful rallies in the streets with cries of patriotic fervor and bi-partisan back patting on mission accomplished. There have been 9/11 heroes paraded to and from what was formerly ground zero, and there have been stories of surviving family members who lost loved ones on that day nearly ten years ago.

As I sat and watched this all unfold last night on my tv screen, the decorated college kids hooting and hawing....the proud and boastful president declaring justice has been served....the rehashing of the drama filled, story book like tale of how the heroic SEAL team crashed the gates of the hidden compound with precision and orchestrated the brave and heroic mission to capture the boogie man himself, Mr Osama Bin Laden.

As I sat there with my mind racing, hopeful that our leadership had done something of great worth to the world...nervous and skiddish as I am painfully aware of how lies and manipulation are always never far from a good story such as this one. And even during the rallying cries and the images of patriotic fervor and the declarations of victory for America and mission well done.....I just couldnt shake the feeling that something just didnt seem quite right.

REASON #1 - All the worlds a stage

The first thing that stood out in my mind was the date. May 1, or as they call it "May Day". The same date Hitler was killed. The same date "mission accomplished" was declared by the shrub. The numerology stood out because of the many stories I have encountered of ritualism and the importance of numbers and dates when talking about the actions of the elite and their need for numbers to fit the bill. Coincidence? Maybe. But wierd to say the least.

But more so than the date was the sense of timing. Ten years into two bloody and unpopular wars, the country sits on the brink of economic collapse. The American currency is nose diving, the rebounding economy is slowing to a crawl. Banker bailouts have come and gone. The birth certificate storm rages on. The popularity level of our fearless president has sunk to an all time, desperately low level. The country is being ripped apart by storm after storm, while Japan sits and wastes away in a radiation zone. Just when tax payers are broke and fed up to the near point of rioting, when on a daily basis one can hear patriotic talk of overthrow and contempt toward this administration. Bam. The entire world shakes.

Doesnt it seem like this team needed a win in the worst sort of way? Doesnt it seem a little convenient that right when the dam is about to break and the country is about to plunge into chaos, suddenly this big score just falls in Obama's lap? The man went from having wolves at the gates to cheering mobs of rejoicing Americans filling the streets in nationalistic support. Is anyone this lucky? I say no.

The same boogie man that we have been hunting for over a decade, the very face of the Al Quaida terror posse, just happens to be lounging in a house in the suburbs of Pakistan, not a mile away from military headquarters. A house that was supposedly heavily guarded yet noone noticed? A place that supposedly had no internet or phone, yet has sattelite dishes lining the back wall of the property? We just happened to locate this compound and orchestrate a plan to engage and kill OBL, right at the exact moment in time this administration HAD to have a big win?

Very suspect.

REASON #2 - It all seemed a bit forced....

One minute Im sitting in my living room watching some crappy show on cable, the next there is hype of this big big grand announcement to come. The buildup was nothing short of Hollywood suspense thriller. President Obama comes on and delivers his pre-written, pre-rehearsed speech about how justice has been served, how Americans should return to the same level of patriotism that they showed on 9/11, and then poof....before you could blink an eye there were hundreds of people filling the streets near the white house, waving great big flags and wearing American flag shirts and chanting and singing...all in a supposed show of unscripted impromptu support for the dear leader and for the great murder of an arch criminal terrorist. All of this felt to me very much staged, planned, rehearsed. All of these fresh faced college kids in love with America, the crowd uncommonly multi cultural and ready to smile for the press. It felt very much contrived and planned.

Almost like someone maybe knew in advance where to go and what to do? Like they were put there? Like a suprise party where all of the guests showed up before the birthday boy came on, and all yelled suprise just minutes after he arrived?

Suprise......its a bunch of pre-orchestrated b.s.

REASON #3 - The body. Where is the body?

Come on man. A burial at sea? For the most villainized, ostrecized, idolized arch terrorist in the history of the modern world? You just successfully kill and abduct the remains of the public enemy #1....and all the administration can think of is to usher in a "respectful Muslim burial at sea"? Even though OBL had no relation to the sea whatsoever, and many have a difficult time even finding confirmation that a burial at sea has anything to do at all with an acceptible Muslim burial.

So what? No photos? No video? Not one outside source to confirm the capture and disposal of the most infamous and notorious man in the world? They paraded Sadaam all across CNN when they dug him from his hole. They even televised his public hanging for the entire world to see.Tthey didnt seem too concerned about his Muslim burial? Why the feigned respect suddenly for a man who was widely detested and seen as the devil himself?

Could it be that the body was frozen solid? Could it be that there was no body at all? Was the whole raid just a well timed ruse to boost morale and to boost polling numbers? I personally have long believed OBL to have been dead. He was confirmed to have suffered kidney failure and to have been on dialysis nearly a decade ago. He was questioned at an American hospital by CIA back in the early 2000's and released. The Bin Laden family has well known and well documented ties to the Bush family and the Carlyle Group, and for those like myself who believe that Osama Bin Laden had little or nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11, this all seems very surreal and troubling.

So there are my three issues that i cant seem to shake. This is all just my own thinking process, not claiming I am 100% correct or even 10%. I would love to believe that things are as they seem, that 9/11 was done by muslim terrorists, that our government has done a great and noble thing by killing a brutal terrorist leader who deserved justice to be dealt, I wish I was unaware the great number of times we the people have been misled and lied to.

Are they trying to make a case for a war in Pakistan? If so they now have it. Are they trying with all of their might to make a floundering president into a national hero? So far the media is pimping this story pretty hard, and quite frankly the sheep are eating it up like popcorn.

These are my questions, and I share them with my fellow skeptics so that you can add to this list of inconsistencies and questions that may bother you about this whole fiasco. I dont have all the answers, but right now I feel like a duck being fattened up for the slaughter, and I feel that all of this showbiz is not being done for nothing. We are in for something major very soon, and what that is has suddenly become very real and frightening.

+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sorry everybody......I know this is probably the ten thousandth Osama thread posted in the last 24 hrs, but this is serious stuff to me.

Please think hard....and post anything you may have noticed or thought of or seen in the news...on tv...on the internet...any glitches you may have seen in the official story.

We need to think critically and as one. I get the feeling that things are picking up serious speed, and we need to be able to read the meaning behind all of this nonsense.

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I dont think people are replying cause you pretty much sumed it up in a nutshell mate. Good thread. S&F

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
en.trend.az...

www.corbettreport.com...

rt.com...

edit on 5/3/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Another reason why it stinks. 20 or so heavily armed Seals - 40 minute firefight and only three people killed? When most of the bad guys were competent with weapons? Who was shooting for 40 minutes, at whom, and why was there no local alarm raised, or military backup brought in (the academy was only a few minutes away, and the area populated with retired Pakistani generals. Where was the bodyguard for OBL? OBL himself was moderately comfortable with an AK47. High walls alone do not a defence make.

There is something missing from the story.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
you know when you're at the circus and you hit the mallet to the tall thing that measures your strength?

You get a big teddy bear =)

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tangotemper

Agreed....and not one single eye witness...except for some guy that was supposedly Tweeting about noise from helicopters in his neighborhood.

What a perfect story to document the presence of the strike and to add credence to the official story.

Thirty armed SEALS and a house filled with terrorists and not one person stepped outside to see what the hell was happening?

I have a feeling this is being done for two reasons -

To bury the 9/11 story with OBL. He was their last link to what really happened on that day.

The second reason ...to prime us for a terror attack on American soil. They will call it a "payback" attack for killing OBL. It will also be a catalyst for more war, namely in Pakistan.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I agree with you. And the meme that "we should all be United like on 9-11" is the meme that has me most creeped out. The president said it, and then several people "spontaneously" interviewed said it, and by now, its been being said so much Im even hearing it repeated in threads here on ATS.

"Its so important we are united as a people, like on 9-11."

Well, lets think about that. Who usually does the most dividing of the people? Isnt it the very same politicians and media, (c'mon, they HIRE people to divide us, the Glenn Becks and other pundits) who are normally doing the dividing? Yes it is.

When do they want us united? When we are about to do something big, usually war.

I just have a clear feeling of "unreality and manipulation" behind all this. Most of the people cheerleading this are focusing on details, 'how do YOU know they didnt kill him" but they are missing completely the background. That weird manipulative, and very different push behind the story.

Maybe many of us have some of the details wrong. But I have absolutely no doubt that this is too neat, to well packaged, the memes to firmly pushed, the criticism of any possible "conspiracy theories" too immediate. Something is up.

And the people who dont feel it now, wont realize it while it is happening either.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Excellent, excellent thread OP. I haven't chimed in on any of the OBL threads but when I read your words- it's like you read my mind. This is definitely building up to something big, and obviously bad. It's been quite a week. We had the birth certificate, the beatification of Pope John Paul II, the "royal" wedding, NATO bombing Gadaffi's grandchildren, and finally the announced death of Bin Laden. I know there was much more that I can't think of right now as well. Now we've got a shuttle launch, riot cops vs. college kids in Ilinois, a levee being blown on the Mississippi, etc,etc. I haven't heard a peep about Japan in a few days.
Could WW3 be on the horizon? It's possible. This chain of events will continue and things are going to get stranger by the day. I believe a couple more catastrophies will need to be orchestrated before WW3 breaks out. Whatever they pull out of the hat will not surprise me at this point. I'm just keeping my eyes peeled, my ear to the ground and my BS detector on at all times. Cheers

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Thirty armed SEALS and a house filled with terrorists and not one person stepped outside to see what the hell was happening?

Dont forget the 3 or 4 (I have heard both) helicopters hovering and landing in the neighborhood. That would make ME step outside.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
According to a china report it sounds like Bin Laden was actually in a Pakistani helicopter possibly and that was shot down by US forces.....or it crashed and when Pakistan forces went in to retrieve it they were met with gunfire by people from the mansion, so they engaged and killed OBL, the US swept in and took the body away, not firing a shot....also I read that the seals that did the mainstream story two shots thing already havea book coming out about them in two weeks, cha ching$$$$$$$$$......so China seems to imply Pakistan killed him, they also are being accused of helping the taliban in Afghanistan along with Russia to try and drag the US into a longer quagmire, hard to say what really happened......but in other news I found ET, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness but i made a movie of myself dumping them in the ocean you can watch, and I took pictures of their battered bodies!

Also if he was in a military or ISI helicopter, that implicates Pakistan in harboring him if true, which means we are probably about to go to war again. I knew something was up when they said we should get out of their country and then this crap goes down all out of nowhere, also Wikileaks also claimed to have revealed his location a few months ago in disclosed cables.....this means we also could have contrived this event and the cables to provoke a wider war to distract us further from the economic reality of our circumstances a bit longer as Rand Paul also mentioned.
edit on 3-5-2011 by bubbabuddha because: Spelling errors and additional comments...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
..but in other news I found ET, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness but i madea movies of myself dumping them in the ocean you can watch, and I took pictures of their battered bodies!

Yeah, why doesnt it fly when we offer that as evidence?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Reagan's inaugural address was 2,452 words long. It utilized the vista offered by the West Front, invoking the symbolism of the Presidential memorials and Arlington National Cemetery in the distance.[1] As Reagan was giving his address, 52 Americans held hostage in Iran for the previous 444 days were released.

en.wikipedia.org...

Old tricks are the best tricks, eh?

+26 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I really hate that phrase as well.."we should be united like on 9/11". Well, I was one of the suckers who fell for the whole official story on day one.

My girlfriend and I went out and bought a flag, I remember driving on Ventura blvd in Sherman Oaks, CA and thousands of people driving and walking the streets and honking and cheering and waving flags.

We even ended up on local news because we didnt want to go home that night because we felt so bad about the attacks, so she and I bought candles and sat at a bus bench and held our own vigil for the victims well into the night.

Now when i think back to then, knowing what I now know, it makes me want to puke. Ther are people now who are as brainwashed as I was in 01, who are buying this crap hook line and sinker.

Its hard to admit that your nation has failed you. Even harder to admit it has tricked you, and even yet still harder to admit when it has forsaken you. I will never again in my life act like i did on 9/11. That... in my mind... is the day the real America died and it became something else.
edit on 5/3/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Its hard to admit that your nation has failed you. Even harder to admit it has tricked you, and even yet still harder to admit when it has forsaken you. I will never again in my life act like i did on 9/11. That... in my mind... is the day the real America died and it became something else.

I agree. America changed that day into something else. Something dumber, and darker, and more vicious, and less humane. And not really because of the people, that tragedy was used to hook them in, and once that happened, propaganda has been used to manipulate us further ever since. Although the actual campaign to distort and control America of course was much longer in the making.

Our nation has been slowly chipped at since we recovered from the Depression.

But yeah. 9-11 and the war in Iraq marked a big change in the way the government has behaved towards us. More authoritarian and less like employees.

But dont blame yourself. Most of us woke up. Which means we had been sleeping before.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

That is just crazy, i had no idea such stories have been reported.

I have been monitoring Al Jazeera all day as they are really the only honest news source available mainstream (sad I know)...just waiting to hear from the perspective of others in the region and people in the know when it comes to Al Quaida and Bin Laden.

I have my doubts that there even was a body at all. We will probably never know the truth.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I just feel the need to add, that i live in the UAE, for those of you who do not know what or where that is, it is a Muslim country. i myself am not a muslim but a British Christian, but i can guarantee you that there is no such thing as a traditional muslim burial, it is the same burials as the rest of the world, either in a graveyard or cremation. So do not be fooled by this sea burial as being a muslim tradition. It is also said that muslims cannot be buried in a non muslims graveyard and vice versa. The only time a muslims is said to be buried at sea is if they were part of a sea vessel and there was no way to keep the smell out of the boat, so they are lowered into the ocean (in a coffin or not, im not too sure) with weights attached so that the predators of the sea do not feast upon the person immediately. i have also found a website where i can prove this to you, and im sure if you take the time to do some research for yourselves, you will find this is true as well.

www.seaservices.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
I just feel the need to add, that i live in the UAE, for those of you who do not know what or where that is, it is a Muslim country. i myself am not a muslim but a British Christian,but i can guarantee you that there is no such thing as a traditional muslim burial, it is the same burials as the rest of the world, either in a graveyard or cremation. So do not be fooled by this sea burial as being a muslim tradition. It is also said that muslims cannot be buried in a non muslims graveyard and vice versa. The only time a muslims is said to be buried at sea is if they were part of a sea vessel and there was no way to keep the smell out of the boat, so they are lowered into the ocean (in a coffin or not, im not too sure) with weights attached so that the predators of the sea do not feast upon the person immediately. i have also found a website where i can prove this to you, and im sure if you take the time to do some research for yourselves, you will find this is true as well.

www.seaservices.com...

Um...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkMan11

1. Wikipedia is not a legitimate source as proof for anything

2. It even says in your Wikipedia article that all attempts must first be made to give a proper Earth burial. Sea burials are rare and done typically only when one die's at sea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join