It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
tinker, did you happen to see this that I posted a few days ago about the rings. I realize everyone has their opinion, and theories, but this is some awesome information. This Meteorologist explains things in such a clear and easy to understand way.

Originally posted by Stormgodess
Just wanted to give some information on the Circles located on the radar maps.

I am pretty sure they are Anomalous Propagation, If you notice, they are located at every location of a doppler radar. They often occur on the National Weather Service Mosaic map. Im not sure of the type of map shown in this thread. Here is an awesome site where Meteorologist Jeff Haby, explains in laymen's terms what Anomalous Propagation is, the different types of anomalies, and why they occur. From what I see they occur more often at night. In my opinion due to the temp fluctuations between ground level, and upper level temps. They can also be caused by bird and insect migration.

www.theweatherprediction.com...

Anomalous Propagation is abbreviated as AP. AP and false echoes are one of the biggest enemies of the radar meteorologist. Those without experience in radar meteorology are often "burned" by AP and false echoes.

National Doppler Radar site locations:
radar.weather.gov...

In my opinion, I think the reason they are showing up more lately, is because the Radars themselves have improved over the years, but the software filters used to eliminate this type of artifact has not improved as much.

More info here...
scholar.google.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

No problem, glad to have helped ya out

Ahhh no worries, your not stupid!!!

Well when you figure it out, enlighten us!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up! Things are happening at a rapid pace..

I had to link on here of a person's blog that i read, and it resonates with great truth within my being, but there is talk of a type of sickness developing from flooding of the mississippi river delta/New Madrid Fault zone. The Author wrote this in January, and its been talked about by indian elders.

mayasoma.wordpress.com...

Be careful, and dont get too attached.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

in all fairness...

thanks for re-posting that!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't know if these links will even cone thru, but rings showing up as far as the dakotas weather.unisys.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

EvolEric, You made me think of something. Today, again watching the local News....The two Weathermen were going over the Morganza spillway indundation map posted yesterday. They were going over the expected water levels for different towns, but they both over and over kept saying. But, this is just preliminary, and we can't tell you to stay or evacuate, for that you will be informed by your local parish or city government.

It's Crazy!!! There seems to be so much damn politics involved with flooding!! And all of these small city governments are facing such a budget crisis, how are people even supposed to know that theirs is actually on the ball and keeping up with this. Much less if they have the revenue to actually evacuate the whole city. And if they don't have the money or man power to do it, will they even try?????

Sorry
Had to rant there for a second.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

EvolEric, You made me think of something. Today, again watching the local News....The two Weathermen were going over the Morganza spillway indundation map posted yesterday. They were going over the expected water levels for different towns, but they both over and over kept saying. But, this is just preliminary, and we can't tell you to stay or evacuate, for that you will be informed by your local parish or city government. It's Crazy!!! There seems to be so much damn politics involved with flooding!! And all of these small city governments are facing such a budget crisis, how are people even supposed to know that theirs is actually on the ball and keeping up with this. Much less if they have the revenue to actually evacuate the whole city. And if they don't have the money or man power to do it, will they even try????? Sorry Had to rant there for a second.

I feel the same way as you!!!

It drives me MAD! I personally wish I could jump in a plane and fly a 5 mile long banner in the sky that says...
"Get Out! Historic Flooding Underway! Don't Take My Word For It.... GOOGLE IT!"

Problem might be: Just my two cents...

Since so many places are so hard hit by the financial crisis... If people up and leave... they might not return... meaning tax collection will be less and less!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is just crazy! I have never in my life seen anything like this. People are struggling enough just to keep a roof and their family fed these days. What are people supposed to do? I am truly heartbroken! My husband is still not back to work, as the road to get in is still closed... so are many others... it just keeps going and going... and we are forecast to have severe weather coming in on Thursday here again!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I feel for you Greenzie! Even though it is all really just getting started here for us, My husband is a Driver, and due to the roads here that are already closing, he will be off of work also.

And for us, and all involved. This is just the initial phase. This stuff just like during Katrina, is just going to sit for weeks, and literally wipe out any chance for people to just clean up and go back home. Whatever goes under water will be that way for too long to salvage anything!

No one I know has grasped the scope of it all. It's like everyone is walking around zoned out on drugs or something. With no clue of it, or even worried about getting a clue!

You and yours are in my prayers hun. I'm ok as far as my place goes. No water should get here. And financially, we will get over that eventually. I just hate to see it all happening.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: Know instead of No. Fingers work faster then the brain sometimes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I hope your husband gets back to work soon...
Prayers and positive vibes have been sent towards your way
multiple times!!!

I wonder though... how many other will have to find other jobs...

With an already shattered economy... the suffering of the flood victims will not stop with the recession of the waters

this is why people need to stock up on dry goods and canned good ahead of time!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Thank you for this information. I will research it as much as possible tomorrow because I want to know.. But at the same time, do you realize that "they" don't want us to discover otherwise? Looking for the truth, as I am sure you are too.
If I find out I'm on the wrong path, I'm ok to admit it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

Thank you for this information. I will research it as much as possible tomorrow because I want to know.. But at the same time, do you realize that "they" don't want us to discover otherwise? Looking for the truth, as I am sure you are too.
If I find out I'm on the wrong path, I'm ok to admit it.

Yes I understand completely where your questions are coming from, and why they led you to those circles. I've been involved with this type of community for over five years now. I have seen enough from HAARP over the years to feel with 100% certainty, it is EVIL as hell!! I also believe HAARP is wreaking havoc on our earth in many ways. The signal that HAARP sends out at certain times can be picked up accidently on HAM radios, and even at times over AM radio. I think HAARP is the main reason the US was made to switch from UHF/VHF signals to Digital, for over air television.

Is it possible that it is causing interference with these Doppler Radars? It could be. But, in my opinion not as actual weather events, but as anomolies and interference with the equipment signal. The kicker for me was finding out each of those circles is an exact location of a Doppler Radar. But even after research, many still believe exactly as you do, and come to a different conclusion then I have. That is fine too

I didn't give you that information to change your mind. But to also give you other options to follow and research.

Your inquisitve mind will lead you to many wonderful journeys here on ATS, and all over the net! Do exactly as you have done, and ALWAYS question what is happening, then find the answers you need.
If you ever have any questions and think I can help, or want to throw some theories on me, send me a msg. I'd love to help you if ever I can.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Evidently the government nor the Corps of Engineers could care less about the people being effected by this. There are people on here not knowing what to do, the government, sheirffs etc only tell the people to evacuate when the water is already at the door.

Eric should go down in History for being the Paul Reveer in this the worest disaster in the US for hundereds of years.... it has not even come close to reaching the peak, it will be raining like hell by the end of this week. It is going to get a lot worse, and not dry out for months and homes and land will be ruined.

I really think the MSM has avoided it because it will have a big effect on the Stock Market and the Value of the Dollar for the US to have such a huge disaster. And a Huge Major Earthquake is a given now. When all this water starts to dry out the ground is just going to colapse. My advise to everyone effected is to stay away. Plus the government is probably going to sieze the land anyway. That is hard to take but my sister-in-law, an attorney, has been working on the case for the 9th Ward people in New Orleans, I am not sure that it even settled. But their is nothing for them to go back to, none of the power or water has ever been restored to the area.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Eric should go down in History for being the Paul Reveer in this the worest disaster in the US for hundereds of years....

The English... errrr
The Flood is Coming!
The Flood is Coming!
!

When they put my name in history books I want it in this format
Reverend Eric Jude
People always mistaken my last name and spell it and pronounce it Judd...
Its Joo-Duh
Say it like you would say that actor's name: Jude Law

Ohhhh and yeah I am an ordained Reverend Legally and officially
but i'm not what you would expect...

Since I'm on mostly during the late hours
Midnight Ride

Coincidence?

Also his name... Paul Revere
and my preferred format Reverend Eric Jude

another Coincidence?

I do like the fact Paul Revere was not martyred... lol

All my joking aside... which isnt meant to be an insult by the way!!!

If I never contribute anything else to ATS... to the world...

I would like to think this Thread was a worthy cause

cos it is true...

The Flood is coming.... people will be remembering this for years...
I saw on TV today an old man giving his recollection of the 1937 flood...
He is 84 and he was 10 when it happened...

Imagine that a 10 year old today being effected by this flood and 74 years in the future talking about the now present events on TV.... in the year 2085.... I will be 100 years old then and long dead due to poor choices in exercise and diet... but thats beside the point... After I am long dead... this flood will still be whispered about and be in the history books

If one person is spared from devastation because of this thread, then I will be happy... cos that is one person that would not have heard otherwise...

Everyone here is a Paul Revere, everyone here deserves to be honored!

edit on 5/10/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7bcc55ec427.jpg[/atsimg]

Things aren't looking good!!! City officials had tried to build an addition to the already existing flood wall along the Yazoo Canal in downtown Vicksburg, but it doesn't look like it's working! This picture was taken yesterday when the river was at 51 or 52 feet. It's supposed to rise to 57.5 feet here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54b4caaaf820.jpg[/atsimg]

This picture shows the Mississippi River Bridge at Vicksburg, MS. It was also taken yesterday.

Word is spreading around the local hospital that nursing home patients from Louisiana are being evacuated to higher ground in Vicksburg. I don't know how true that is though. If it is true, I don't see how the local hospitals can handle all of these extra patients!!! This flood isn't going to be a week long deal. It's going to last for months and then it's still going to take a long time to clean up!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is an interesting map for those who live in louisiana. Just click on your parish to see flood mapping. You can zoom all the way into your own street.
Interactive Map of Louisiana

edit on 10-5-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is the latest news from my area.......I have a feeling this is being severely understated.

www.houmatoday.com...

I wouldn't be surprised if we were evacuated bu tuesday.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Your simply awesome my friend /hugs coco

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
According to CTV News

The Mississippi River has crested in flood-ravaged Memphis, Tenn., but it is expected to be weeks before the waters return to normal levels. The river level hit 48 feet, or about 14 metres on Tuesday, the highest it has been since 1937, said CTV's Joy Malbon, reporting from Memphis. ...
Malbon said the river is swollen to about three times its normal size, but flood levees are holding and no further damage is expected, meaning Memphis' famous Beale Street will not likely experience any flood damage. ...
The river is expected to remain at its current level of 14.58 metres for the next 24 to 36 hours. But it will likely be another two to three weeks before residents of the worst-hit areas are allowed to return to their homes. ...

That sounds hopeful, however I wonder if it's the full story. AND What about the other affected areas?

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join