It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OMG you guys!

I just want to cry!!

Watching the Local Baton Rouge News just now, with coverage of the opening of the Bonne Carre Spillway. They had people out there fishing the water coming through, pulling up ASIAN CARP!!!! One after another!!!!

The news guy was saying, this is going to be one of the results of the opening spillway into Lake Ponchatrain, because up until this point, there has been no Asian Carp in the Lake.

Lake Ponchatrain has such a unique biodiversity. Something like Asian Carp can decimate it

edit on 9-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: so upset I left out an entire word

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

but the Corps said last week that it was likely to open the Morganza Floodway, also in Louisiana, which would lower the river from Baton Rouge to New Orleans but could require the evacuation of a dozen towns.

Dozens of towns? Actually their flood warning map covers much more than just dozens of towns. I can't get over how insignificant we in the smaller towns/cities/communities are considered to be. The hell with all the rest of us in louisiana that don't live in "baton rouge" or "new orleans".
I dont' live near the mississippi but I have to face the possibility of getting flooded by it so they can save those who do live on it? How does that make sense??

For this week's 5 day outlook, i'm right on the edge of the red. I really hope the red doesn't move over us next week. I called a place today where I frequently go for my job. They are scared right now because they are right in the way of where the flood waters are supposed to go, but no one has told them anything. They don't know what to do, if they need to leave, or when to expect the waters to get there, how hight they will be and how long they will hold the water. This will completely devastate them. They are in a panic.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Bump, the BIn Laden distraction worked. :-(
2nd.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Here is a video by Dutchsinise showing the radiation level of the Mississippi River at St. Louis is acceptable at 38.8 CPM

www.youtube.com...

He used a handheld counter attached to a tripod, about waist high, on the shore right beside the river way to measure radiation in water.
Question: Do you guys think this is an accurate way to measure radiation in water?

On googling this is what I found:

Measuring different types of radiation is further complicated by the relationship between the radiation's intrinsic properties and the medium in which the radiation is being measured. For example, gas-flow proportional counters are typically used to evaluate gross alpha and beta radiation from smooth, solid surfaces, but due to the fact that water is not a smooth surface, and because alpha and beta emissions are relatively short range and can be attenuated within the water, these types of counters are not appropriate for measuring alpha and beta activity in water. An appropriate method for measuring alpha and beta radiation in water is by using a liquid scintillation counter. However, this requires mixing an aliquot of water with a liquid scintillation "cocktail." The liquid scintillation counter is a large, sensitive piece of equipment, so it is not appropriate for field use. Therefore, measurements for alpha and beta radiation from water assets are not typically made in the field.

Link to quote:
cfpub.epa.gov...

and

Just pointing a measuring device at your food before dinner is pretty much meaningless,” said Katayama, who has a doctorate in analytical chemistry from Hokkaido University. “Tap water and fish, for example, require special handling, isolation and concentration to get meaningful readings.”

Link: www.bloomberg.com...

I'm no expert, and I admire Dutch's work. I don"t know... (these links are gov't linked org's so maybe they don't want us to trust our geigers?) so just asking for opinions.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone else having a hard time loading the www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov... Flood outlook map? Been trying since yesterday and I have to keep refreshing to get it to load...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

mine loads right up

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Eastbound lanes of I-40 now open. Great news and ahead of schedule, but we're still not out of the water, says Today's THV.

Today's THV, in Little Rock, state: "The westbound I-40 detour at Brinkley (Exit 216) is still in effect due to high water," which may seem like a glass half-full, but I'll take anything we can get. You can read this article, here.

State of the Roads; but the water still pervades some of the poorest areas in Arkansas. During a Mother's Day trip on May 8, 2011, I found myself, along with every other big rig, in Arkansas kicking-the-tires on the flood's rerouted detour through Arkansas. I started at Searcy, where I traveled up to Bald Knob, then onto the highway which connects Bald Knob to Augusta. I saw water on both sides of the road almost to Augusta, and realized there is a lot more water in the north, than in southern locations in the state. This is a Godsend, since many southern areas around Helena, Marvell, and Clarendon, can flood and put land and people at risk of losing everything.

Water flanked the road's sides, but travel came more easily after crossing the White River bridge, which seemed to have helped. Not much water was seen from Augusta to McCrory, except in brooks and streams, but this is expected as the tributaries fill-up.

On my return, I traveled through Clarendon, which I would have thought would have been flooded, but the canal and levee systems seem to holding their own, but once you are on the bridge, for about 4 miles further, water is everywhere. Not much flooding was seen around Stuttgart or Hazen, but this changed once I passed onto the lowlands around Mayflower, that is completely flooded with the north side higher than the southern. Also, the Arkansas River west of the "Big Dam Bridge" was very low with sand bars visible. I suppose they are doing this to drop the levels so the Bull Shoals and Greers Ferry Dam flood-gates can be open. Tales say that water is almost topping-over those dams; but slowly, everyday, the flooding gets better. But what of the Mississippi?

Modix Image dated May 8, 2011: Location: Arkansas. Subject: Flooding.

Remarks: As I study this image, I realize a very important fact. The folks in Arkansas, Monroe, St. Francis, Cross, Prairie, and White Counties, need some-sort of award. Is it ironic that the counties here have a very-high population of farmers and fine-folks who work the land and know it intimately. There is almost a square where people acting as a coherent-unit, combined with ADHT and National Guard, prevented enormous loss of farmland and property. My hat is personally off to you all. Stay vigilant, it is not over.

edit on 9-5-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Trying to catch up on all the posts while I have been at work - had to cancel any trips this weekend for sight seeing.. I actually got a visit from my children

Looking for some additional info anyone may have on how all this is going to impact the Red River
- I drive over it every day to go to work.. and the river looked SOOO SWOLLEN and HIGH... traffic was slow... so I could actually see a very rapid current !!! I have seen it high before .. in fact I have seen it this high.. but the current just amazed me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This may be off topic, maybe not... depending on outcome of events, but is anyone here educated enough to tell me about HAARP question I have?

Question: At this link 137.229.36.30... with plot set to 2 weeks or 1 month the red line and blue line (indicating eastward and downward) invert themselves after activity on April 30th thru May 2nd/3rd. What does this mean? (Red line/blue line move from top to bottom, positive/negative on graph)
Also, it appears HAARP is vamping up for another dose if put on a 1 month plot.

Anyone out there with info on this?

I may be barking up a hollow tree so to speak but I'm trying!
edit on 9-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Would someone please post a screen shot of SUSPECTED haarp rings developing just east of mississippi river at weather.unisys.com...

Saved to my paint program, cannot figure out how to post

Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

ooohhh... I think I figured it out. Duuuhhh!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ok, I didn't get it done quite right... yet...RINGS GOT WORSE in last 30 minutes. I may very well be wrong, but PLEASE HELP and post screen shots just for the record. PLEASE,

I hereby take all blame and critisism for these screenshots if someone will help me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Here ya go...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97f945dd3265.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmmm the last one posted here had about 25 rings on it...

This one (the above photo) has at least 31... don't know if that matters?

For those of you who want to compare the two... here is the one from the other day...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/733e66fd01b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Plus these rings have traveled further east than the last one

Also I have been outside all day... and was just outside... there has been no clouds of any kind here in South East Kentucky...

edit on 5/9/11 by EvolEric because: Fixed 2nd Picture

edit on 5/9/11 by EvolEric because: Resized 1st Picture

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormgodess
OMG you guys!

I just want to cry!!

Watching the Local Baton Rouge News just now, with coverage of the opening of the Bonne Carre Spillway. They had people out there fishing the water coming through, pulling up ASIAN CARP!!!! One after another!!!!

The news guy was saying, this is going to be one of the results of the opening spillway into Lake Ponchatrain, because up until this point, there has been no Asian Carp in the Lake.

Lake Ponchatrain has such a unique biodiversity. Something like Asian Carp can decimate it

Yet another outcome of this flood...

Sad... This is a "Game" changing event...

It will be a long time before things go back to "normal" if they ever will...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

IT is outrageous that people don't know whats headed towards them!!

I wish I knew a better way of warning people!

I wish our government would warn them!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Eric, here is a Video by dutchsense, showing what the rings look like. those mean mositure in the air. He shows where there will be storms in the in your area.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thank you Eric for the help of documentation. Thank you for listening to me and posting screen shot for me.

Just in case it has anything to do with anything I am working on...

Would'nt it be funny though if I was too stupid to post a screen shot but had at least a bit of the "answer: to what is happening?"

But sincerely, thanks! I needed help.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormgodess
OMG you guys!

I just want to cry!!

Here's a link to the video from today's newscast.
www.wbrz.com...

There isnt any time on the video to give you a specific time to look at the video, but watch when they cut back to the water flow, as the anchor is interviewing the Army Corps Colonel, and watch the carp jump. Then towards the end of the video, the anchor talks about the carp.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Thank you very much for that information.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Thanks for the vid...

Sadly I am on Dial-up internet... and It is too slow to load up youtube videos

...Today was nice... 85 Fahrenheit... for the Celsius fans out there 29.4C

Clear blue skies... I got a lot of work done!!! I exercised and all that!

But here comes more rain?
Ick... but I can't complain... cos it could be worse..

I could be living along the Mississippi River standing on my house after barely escaping the flood waters... because someone (The US Government) Failed to warn me... I needed to leave in time...

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join