It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If anyone is on this thread at this moment...

CNN is on Commercial Break... when it returns it will be
about this flood

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is what I saw on that CNN update...

155,342 Square Miles is being flooded by the Mississippi...

Italy = 116000 square miles

An area BIGGER than Italy is being flooded!

The Mississippi is used to transport
500 million tons of cargo

Which include but not limited to the following :
*chemicals
*coal
*timber
*steel
*1/2 of grain exports

Goods are exported to all points of the world from the Mississippi...

So this problem isnt just local to the US it will effect food and product availability to the world!

edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
NOTICE THE RINGS OVER THE MIDWEST AND TEXAS? LOT OF THEM!!! this was from like 5 minutes ago.
if someone can embed that please do...

edit on 5/11/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I posted the pic for you, that is weird...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a35f8b0184f1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Thanks for the embed! (note to everyone: look at my post above this map and click link to full pic if interested).

Twitchy...I've heard people say that these rings are from HAARP. Not saying it's true. If it is...they must be trying to start a huge storm around texas and louisiana! In which case...I'm praying for that area.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I saw those rings on a different post here. Aren't they just supposed to represent moisture in the air and that's all? There's a video floating around on it, if I find it I'll post it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow, they just said an area the size of Connecticut on the weather channel.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

WHOA!!

This makes that 'future map' of the United States more and more believable...

The Mississippi River is truly acting as a knife, re-carving the Southeastern United States.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For those of you still wanting info. here's what's going on in Louisiana from Morganza Spillway south. Also Bobby Jindal will be giving a press conference at 3:30Central.
Link
edit on 11-5-2011 by CajunQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Before you read on, excuse me if none of this makes sense. I am confused, lol.

I keep reading different info all over the place and I'm not quite sure what's about to happen here. On weather.com, I have my location saved(New Orleans) and I'm being alerted there for the River Flood.

THE RIVER IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE RISING TO A STAGE OF 17.9 FEET ON MONDAY MORNING MAY 16TH AND THEN CONTINUE RISING TO A CREST NEAR 19.5 FEET ON MONDAY MORNING MAY 23RD.

The city is only protected by 20 foot levees. Considering it's still raining like hell over the river, and considering how #ty our levee systems really are, I feel like I should be very concerned. But then I see the flood maps and my area is not even shaded a color?

THE CITY IS PROTECTED BY LEVEES TO A HEIGHT OF 20 FEET AT THE CARROLTON GAGE. * FORECAST ASSUMES OPERATION OF BONNET CARRE... BUT NOT MORGANZA.

Is the Morganza being opened or NOT? I'm hearing/reading from different sources and everything is all...uncertain...

Which I expect to a certain extent... mother nature is unpredictable, the river itself is unpredictable, but I also expect clear information that doesn't contradict itself so I can know how bad this could be, or is going to be. Especially when I see in big bold letters MISSISSIPPI RIVER: TARGET NEW ORLEANS.

I also read that it doesn't even MATTER if the Morganza is opened, we will still flood.

Can anyone help unjumble my brain please?

I mean, if my area isn't expecting a flood, and is NOT shaded on the estimated inundation map, I shouldn't have red blinking flags all over my browser(my weather addons), my phone, etc.

I don't know what's going on? I'm super confused and uh, I don't want to be here for another learn-to-swim-now-or-die event. I have my SHTF bag ready to go but WHAT'S GOING ON!?

I apologize if this is all frantic and jumbly but I just don't know what's going on and I don't want to go through anything like I did in 2005. I want to get out, if necessary, while I still can.

edit on 11-5-2011 by bittersweet because: added info.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe the map is only a 5 day outlook, they will update it after that point and then you may see other areas affected on it. it takes time for all that water to get down south. It's not going to happen all in one day. If your on facebook, check this out. They will answer all your questions.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I live in Morgan City. I don't know about everyone in town, but my family is taking this very seriously. In your honest opinion, when do you think is the best time for us to evacuate and how far and in what direction should we be traveling?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Have you seen the flooding maps for morgan city? Make sure to visit the facebook page for louisiana homeland security. they are answering a lot of people's questions and it now reads as a great faq for anyone in louisiana.

www.facebook.com...

Governor Jindal stated in a press conference yesterday that the trigger to open the Morganza Spillway for the USACE is when Red River Landing gauge reached 1.5 Million Cubic Feet per second. He also stated, that it may take roughly 3 days after the spillway is open for the water to reach Morgan City area and about another 5 days after for the water to rise back up into the northern areas of Louisiana, causing backwater flooding.

And if you look at this map, you will see the projection for morgan city.
www.mvn.usace.army.mil...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

hi Privy_Princess i live in Larose well within the protection levee, we are contemplating evacuation also. We'll see what happens when they open the Morganza. As for your situation, if your area flooded in '73, I would evacuate as soon as they decide when they're opening the Morganza. As for which direction here is a projected flood map, hope it helps.

www.batonrougetoday.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
white house blog from yesterday (5/10/2011):

www.whitehouse.gov... ing-earthquakes-and-their-impacts-part-i

and todays (5/11/2011) companion blog:

www.whitehouse.gov... ding-earthquakes-and-their-impacts-part-ii

apologies if this has already been posted...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Checking in to see how things are going - not so good I see.
I think I would be tuned to local stations at this time in order
to see what the floods are actually doing in your area and
whether or not they say to evacuate. Be ready to do so and
if you feel uncomfortable with the conditions where you
are I would leave. I have been around a long time and have
seen some pretty bad floods but nothing like this.

I continue to watch this on TV and read the posts -
stay safe everyone!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
if those rings are all just moisture then why are they all the same size and even the same shape...it looks like weather modification to me...i've seen a video that showed the center of these rings and a majority of them were centered right at airports...this would make sense too because of all the radar tech at airports...future america will look quite different after this epic flooding

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

I live in Morgan City. I don't know about everyone in town, but my family is taking this very seriously. In your honest opinion, when do you think is the best time for us to evacuate and how far and in what direction should we be traveling?

This is how I am gonna put it...

IF I Lived there... IF I had the money/a relative/a place that was no where near a river... a place that is far from the 1973 flood zone...

I would just go ahead and leave...
As soon as I could. I don't like "Russian Roulette" and staying there to me is a game of it...

Be safe, and at the very least have everything ready to go in a moments notice...
Have your vehicle already ready to roll...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado, and we are having wierd weather today.

We have winter storm watch in the west part of the state, 12" snow/blizzard conditions in mountains today, and tornado watch with 2.5" hail, in the eastern part of the state, with a high of 56 degrees today. Tornado watches usually come on hot, moist days. Storm in the eastern part of the state came in from the southeast and became pretty much stationary. (very unusual, as our storms normally come in from the mountains/front range and travel east/northeast.) Our storms that do come from the east are BAD.

I'm wondering about the rings on the map in the midwest the last 2 nights, and now apparently tonight and if this had anything to do with it, since our storm came from the east. My daughter was told from her friend today that we are to expect a superstorm in the next couple days. Don't know where they heard it, but they are not even conspiracy theorists.

I see from the weather map you are having more wet weather in the midwest, and wonder if that has to do with the rings on the map.

As if you guys haven't had enough, more rain and hail and who know what else.
My heart goes out to you, and stay safe.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
This is what I saw on that CNN update...

155,342 Square Miles is being flooded by the Mississippi...

Italy = 116000 square miles

An area BIGGER than Italy is being flooded!

The Mississippi is used to transport
500 million tons of cargo

Which include but not limited to the following :
*chemicals
*coal
*timber
*steel
*1/2 of grain exports

Goods are exported to all points of the world from the Mississippi...

So this problem isnt just local to the US it will effect food and product availability to the world!

edit on 5/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Last I heard on my local news 2 days ago only 50 square miles was flooded, due to blowing the levee.

Isn't that sad, the amount of people out there who have no idea of the seriousness of the situation or the amount of peoples lives being effected.

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join