It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the over 50's from Voting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm surprised that anyone takes the OP seriously.

I thought it was a troll posting obvious flamebait. Sad, really.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Right doesn't have a damn clue? The get rich quick generation has a clue? The baby boomer generation chased after one pyramid scheme after another. And why do the elderly deserve to be respected?

Did they hold up their end of the bargain? No they didn't.
The Baby Loser generation spent their own earnings on frivolous SUV's, over sized homes and dumb ideas. Worse yet they took out loans on our earnings to finance humanitarian projects that they believed in but didn't want to pay for themselves. They decided "they had it too good" and that no other generation of American's should enjoy the sheer bounty they inherited.

The over 50 crowd are the singularly most detestable, ignorant, narcissistic, evil generation of Americans to ever walk the Earth.

Look at the Baby Losers. If cheap camera's were around back when they where our age, the things one would see would probably make one want to vomit. They are the epitome of hedonism. Yet they go out of their way to make sure the younger generations can't indulge ourselves without risk of property seizure and/or long incarceration periods. The Baby losers are a hypocritical generation that acts like a bunch of arrogant air-headed "born again's".

"I never promised you a rose garden..." by Lynn Anderson

You are pretty damn close to 26 years old, and you just threw a temper tantrum in public. All you proved was that you're still a spoiled brat. I sure hope you grow up by the time you reach 50! I have my doubts though...

Do you REALLY wonder why you get no respect?

See ya,
Milt
edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've ran into a few of what I would call "enlightened" older people. People who understand that the youth has and always will come up and take over the responsibility of running this world of ours. People who actually embrace the energy and new ideas that come from younger generations. People who's collection of ideas and beliefs are not so crystalized that they welcome change and new concepts. One thing that we can see has ALWAYS happened through the years...change. Older folks who can not only accept change but embrace it knowing that the answers they've come to in their lives are just that..."their" answers and not necessarily the right answers...are the ones that need to be sought for wise council.
Putting down younger people for the fact that they are younger is a horrible sign of ignorance.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

You can't lump everyone in your situation in the under 50 group. I am 52 and just graduated from college 4 years ago. I raised a family and am raising another now. It wasn't my choice. My oldest child is 31 and my youngest is 15 months. I had to take out loans to go back to school and just to get by while I was going to school. Now I'm so far in debt I don't know if I can pay it all back before I die... I think I can relate entirely to the situation you describe.

The way you talk sounds just like the way I talked about those that came before me. I am a baby boomer by age, but I have had to make my way in this life by myself.
edit on 4/30/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
wow, obviously, you completely disrespect your own parents and all the people that raised you and I guess I do too for them to have raised someone with such a 'racist (age discriminatory)" attitude. You don't know what you don't know, but God willing, you will get to an age someday you will. We live in America where all races, classes, intellects and sexes are supposed to have voices, if you don't like it, leave. BTW, most of the stuff you are upset about, is the fault of the US GOVT, not the people of AMERICA. I have voted, petitioned, emailed, phone called and raised my voice and it does not matter anymore. We are no longer "we the people", we are " we the slaves".

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
Putting down younger people for the fact that they are younger is a horrible sign of ignorance.

Replace the word younger with older and tell that to OP not the respondents to this thread.

People often have a tendency to defend their beliefs, ideologies and age when provoked. I know I do and I don't think ANY responder to this thread would have started one attacking anyone under 50.

I say live and let live. But focus your scorn where it belongs @ OP.
edit on 30-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That's just great...Build another wall, as if we have a shortage! Sure, drive another division line between two segments of society...Divide us more why don't cha! If you people think for one second that who gets to vote is going to solve things, then you are seriously deluded! Lets just hope that when the SHTF, which it will, that the knowledge the elders posses will keep the flame burning. I think it unwise to turf the value of the aging populace based on an hormonal level. I don't believe any tribe can continue by rejecting the vote of the elders.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Lets just hope that when the SHTF, which it will, that the knowledge the elders posses will keep the flame burning.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but, what you see here, is how it would play out once it does....no one would get along, and everyone would have to think they are the top dog.....while everyone else is dying or suffering....

For my part, I'm glad I'm all I ever have or ever will have to worry about in life...I wouldn't want kids or family to have to live through this nonsense....

I'm thankful for my insight every single day for never having had children if this is what they have to look forward to.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Teeky

Young people are becoming slaves because old people like most in congress and corporations are selling everything off and being greedy. People over 50 only care about preserving the little fantasy world that was sold to them by the illuminati back in the day. Go retire please!

Teeky, Teeky, Teeky...:

Wasn't it you that needed someone else to do a "Google search", to find out what Logan's Run was? How the hell can you expect me to accept your conclusions concerning the Illuminati. The only reason the Illuminati exists today is because of fools, like yourself, believing in fantasies!

I'll decide when it's time to retire all by myself! In the meantime: Learn to use Google!

See ya,
Milt
PS:
Be glad I'm not your Grandpa!

Look here OLd Man, I don't run to google everytime I have a question. I read and I ask the older generations for answers also. My thing with people over 50 is that you all are afraid to let go of old thinking and ways of existing.
The older generations lack faith and believe everything the government tells them. Totally selfish the boomers are!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Teeky

The older generations don't trust their own judgement. They raised us, so be confident that younger generations are capable of leading us into a more futuristic future.

You are a shining example of our failure to properly "raise" the next generation. Fortunately, you are the exception to the rule! Many, many young people, even those still in Kindergarten, are far wiser, and better educated than you.

I hope you respond with something like: I am a college graduate! If you do, I'll be laughing my ass off for the rest of the year! "Make my day!" (If you wonder where the quote came from, try Google. LOL)

Still glad I ain't your Grandpa,
Milt

If you weren't my elder I'd curse you out, but really I graduated from broadcasting school, so no I don't claim to be super intelligent or well educated. I'm glad you aren't my grandpa because I would be annoyed at your lame dinosuar views.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Teeky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

I just have one thing to say! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS SON! Part of the problem with this country is the fact the young generation don't listen to your parents! I was taught to say Yes/No Sir/Maam and respect my elders. They are the ones who built this country and made it the superpower we are. Its sad that most of the younger generation feel like they are owed something. You gotta WORK for what you get! Stop living off me because you feel I owe you something.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

That's actually a VERY good point....extremely good point.

And yes, I meant the collective mindset

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey, I am in the +50 group. I can still do all the things I could do in my 30's , but it hurts more and you pay for it later.
My mind is sharper, but it knows that all youth has no clue what it is like to get older, it just has to happen to ya. I like my music and I hate hip-hop, but I know that this is because I am also a musician, and I like what I used to play.

I was a part of building the Internet, and I love what it has become, but also hate the way it can be manipulated in government like Radio and TV, which was the only real media in my youth.

I respect Japanese, Nordic and Australian culture, for they have much better respect for their aging population.

I wish this world would collectively understand that we are all "Bozo's on this Bus", and our age differences, and their respective cultural needs, are all important. We are faced with probably one of the biggest crisis in recorded history presently. What we do, and how we go about solving it defines our existence.

It is too easy for youth to suppress advise from elders. As elders we seem to cautious and over-protective. But there is real reason here. It comes from what you see in life, and leaning the hard way when you have judged a situation wrong or right, and lived the consequences of that action. This is experience and cannot be taught. You yourselves will certainly be faced with this reality.

I am not preaching , just relating. The next time you find yourself talking about old people, just think of yourself in a different time reference. I do it, when I think of young people.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

It is too easy for youth to suppress advise from elders. As elders we seem to cautious and over-protective.

This would be ok, if that was all that was being spoken about here too. It's natural (and in fact would seem UNNATURAL) if in our youth, we didn't rebuke advice from our elders.

But with THAT, I clearly would never want to, desire for, or hope that anyone else would take away their Constitutional rights. At that point, everything I spent 20 years fighting FOR, now that soldier in me would have no choice but to find fighting my own people....and I do NOT want that. But, I would, if it came down to it; at the core all we HAVE is our principles and our values.

You know what's funny is, we keep trying to impose (the US) our will on other sovereign nations and ironically, the reason people WANT to come to the US (or wanted to) was because we WERE different; because we WERE tolerant and not tyrannical, and now look at this? So yes, I would fight to keep this nonsense away from ANYONE, whether it be on ATS, or anywhere in the US.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------
"You know what's funny is, we keep trying to impose (the US) our will on other sovereign nations and ironically, the reason people WANT to come to the US (or wanted to) was because we WERE different; because we WERE tolerant and not tyrannical, and now look at this? So yes, I would fight to keep this nonsense away from ANYONE, whether it be on ATS, or anywhere in the US. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
God knows my friend that I hear that and understand it to my core. I spent 8 years in the Navy from 1969 to 1977.
I never want my kids or anyone for that matter to go through something like that, BUT we were on watch when that happened and I feel a responsibility while this country was hijacked by a very real evil empire , the likes of which we have never seen before. What could I have done to help? Singular nothing but now we have collective everything.
We need to stay the course and be there for those are gonna pick up this torch and keep #ing running.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Written by someone who flunked history, or never made it that far. Damn, this is one of the reason why this country is in so much trouble.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join