It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the over 50's from Voting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I would gladly pit my education of world events against yours anyday of the week.

Now, as far as the average newspaper and TV news media.....................all corporate propaganda.

Real education, researching as to WTF is really going down over the last 30 years.............gives me an advantage, knowledge and wisdom.

Do you watch the Congressional and Senate In House Channels to see how your reps are voting?

Do you e-mail and write your reps and The White House on a regular basis?

Do you volunteer for causes that will not profit you, but humanity on a whole?

Grow up and stop kissing your reflection in the mirror.

A proud arrogant heart and closed mind gathers no knowledge.

By the way, most if not all of our elections since probably JFK have been rigged.

Our voting system is a sham.....................TPTB, The real puppet masters control what puppet is placed into office.

Slaves that don't know they are enslaved will not rebel.

Prisioners that do not know they are imprisoned will not try to escape.

And people that do not want the wisdom of their elders are foolish know it alls.

We build our knowledge upon the preceding generation. Without their wisdom, you would be at the total mercy of the predators eating away at our human species.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
To the OP.....

Some things are better with age. Like the ability to make an informed decision.

I am 35 and dating a gentleman well over 50 and let me tell you he is the most informed man I know besides my father. He has been through the gamut when it comes to political parties and their messed up ways. He understands and can give very informed views on a number of issues.

I won't mention how the sex is, ok yes I will EVERYTHING is better with age.

I dare you to come back here in 20 years and reread your post. I bet you slap yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How about no one under the age of 25 should be allowed to drive, much less vote. Your little brain isn't even finished growing yet. The frontal lobe is incomplete.
So when you grow up and your brain is complete, come back and then maybe you can discuss things in a more mature manner, until then, stay out of the adults way, and try not to speak until spoken to.
psychology.wikia.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Older generation people usually refuse to learn to use a computer and therefore they are not able to come to the information that young people access on a daily basis. Things like sustainability and underground news help us see things that mainstream news won't show those that cannot access other mediums of news.

Let me ask you some questions:
Where the hell did the computer you are using come from? Just because you may have got it from Santa Claus, for Christmas, doesn't mean it was built by elves. The technology you seem to be claiming as yours, was in use long before you were even potty trained.

I wasn't interested in computers until 2002. Since that time I have designed, and built four of them from scratch. I found it to be a rather fascinating HOBBY! Hey... would you like to guess where I learned it from? Here's a hint: GOOGLE and THE INTERNET

Hell, I bet you're such a wimp with computers that you still think of them as "magical boxes".

I particularly liked:
"Things like sustainability and underground news help us see things that mainstream news won't"

Are you really so stupid that you limit your sources to "sustainability and underground news"? It sure looks like it!

You need to learn to think for yourself, and stop waiting for someone to tell you what to think.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 30-4-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Wow... Mine is bigger than yours...
People who study politics and world events are like people who study the smoke that come up from the stage after a magician disappears. It's all bs your being fed and your proud of yourself because you have a strong understanding of bs...congrats...now go take up a hobby.

I know., I know...do you salsa dance?

Do you do jig saw puzzles?

Do you basket weave?

Hahaha...I love this site. People are cool.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK, you do that... Then when the people over 50 launch a massive lawsuit for violating their rights, what do you propose we do?

Or how about this? Let's ban all people UNDER 50 from voting because they are not as wise and mature?

Hmm... Nah, that won't work either.... It's STILL discrimination.... Well... poo...

I guess we can't do that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Double post.

Sorry about that....

edit on 30-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alpinestar

Wow... Mine is bigger than yours...
People who study politics and world events are like people who study the smoke that come up from the stage after a magician disappears. It's all bs your being fed and your proud of yourself because you have a strong understanding of bs...congrats...now go take up a hobby.

My hobby is research. And I've been privledged enough to talk to some pretty informed people.

I know., I know...do you salsa dance? -- Yes and won a contest once.

Do you do jig saw puzzles? -- No don't have the time but have won a couple scrabble contests

Do you basket weave? -- No, also don't knit or crochet. But I can run a tractor, take care of eight cows, plant and harvest, have sewn up a man's head on New Year's Eve when there was a shortage of doctors in the ER, resurrected probably 50 code blues in my day can shoot a 32 accurately, mend barb wire fences, repair a barn, birthed three sons, two were c sections (cut from navel down to pubic line and was up 1-1/2 hours after each c-section walking around..............how bout you?

My doctor says I am one amazing tough, wise old woman.

Hahaha...I love this site. People are cool. -- Yes I am way cool, always have been, I was cool before you were a gleam (or worry) in your mother's eyes.

Yes yours is probably bigger than mine if your talking certain anatomy.

If your talking library I am now up to 300 hard cover and 927 electronic books. Could read at a third grade level my first day of first grade.

And average 2-3 books per week.

Any other comments...................you have no idea with whom you are verbally butting heads with here.

Like wine, with age it gets better, if you take care of yourself and don't let your ego run away with youself.

edit on 30-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

At least your humble.
edit on 30-4-2011 by alpinestar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Certain groups should never be banned from voting.

However, I FIRMLY believe that every single person should be made to take a class in Social Studies or Civics before voting.

You can't drive without showing that you know how to do so, but anyone with zero knowledge of political procedure can cast a vote for the people that run the country and make the laws.

The Civics class should also include a challenge test that should be taken every time before someone votes, before they can be registered to vote.

Landed Immigrants who want to become citizens have to prove that they know about America before they are allowed to vote, why aren't nationals of ANY country held to the same standards required for people to become citizens?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
ban the over 50 voters are you serious indeed you are.

guess you have no respect for your elders and people who are older and wiser and who have seen it all and done it all.

leave this country to the under 35 generation thats rich the under 35 crowd doesnt have a damn clue.

what nerve i swear.

stop listening to stewart and gore.

Right doesn't have a damn clue? The get rich quick generation has a clue? The baby boomer generation chased after one pyramid scheme after another. And why do the elderly deserve to be respected?

Did they hold up their end of the bargain? No they didn't.
The Baby Loser generation spent their own earnings on frivolous SUV's, over sized homes and dumb ideas. Worse yet they took out loans on our earnings to finance humanitarian projects that they believed in but didn't want to pay for themselves. They decided "they had it too good" and that no other generation of American's should enjoy the sheer bounty they inherited.

The over 50 crowd are the singularly most detestable, ignorant, narcissistic, evil generation of Americans to ever walk the Earth.

Look at the Baby Losers. If cheap camera's were around back when they where our age, the things one would see would probably make one want to vomit. They are the epitome of hedonism. Yet they go out of their way to make sure the younger generations can't indulge ourselves without risk of property seizure and/or long incarceration periods. The Baby losers are a hypocritical generation that acts like a bunch of arrogant air-headed "born again's".

They have ruined our future and they expect us to thank them? Gen Y and Gen X to degree will inherit nothing but debt and extreme poverty, worse then any other period in out countries history and you plague of locust dare to say "we deserve the right to vote too!".

While we are at it we might as well let 5 year olds vote, at-least they wouldn't be gullible and dumb enough to vote for over 30 years for people who continue to mess them over and betray this country.

As far as I am concerned the over 50 crowd aka Baby Losers, only deserve a bridge to live under and a cardboard box every other month.

Many of the over 50 made the statement "one day you will be over 50", and yes that is true. One day we ourselves will be old and weaker. The only differences we intend to uphold our end of the bargain with the generation just born and the generations to come.

In the Bible it say's two things that together form a social contract. Children should respect their Elders, and Elders better not do a darn thing to hurt Children. A simple compact that the Baby Losers managed to shred.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

This is the dumbest thread I have seen so far, and I am not over 50...not even close.

The OP, and everyone who voted and starred this thread really need a looong, hard look in the mirror...

You are ALL messed up... You have become part of the "shadow government" by wanting for seniors to have no say on the voting process...

I say one senior is smarter, and a lot more intelligent, not to mention wiser than ALL OF YOU, who voted and starred this thread, PUT TOGETHER...

edit on 30-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: needed to add comment.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Dude, I am 52 and an engineer, and I am not planning on getting old any time soon. How old are you? You think we should leave the future of our country in hands like yours? Hah, not likely.

Oh, I just read the rest of your post and all I can say is really? Would you like to fight? I lift and can bench press 300 pounds and I'm sure I could crush you. It's a good thing that I don't live that kind of life. I like to live in harmony with people. I understand the desire to not let people who are not of sound mind run things but you have to be in touch with reality here. Most people over 50 are wise because of their experience.

edit on 4/30/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by neo96
ban the over 50 voters are you serious indeed you are.

guess you have no respect for your elders and people who are older and wiser and who have seen it all and done it all.

leave this country to the under 35 generation thats rich the under 35 crowd doesnt have a damn clue.

what nerve i swear.

stop listening to stewart and gore.

Right doesn't have a damn clue? The get rich quick generation has a clue? The baby boomer generation chased after one pyramid scheme after another. And why do the elderly deserve to be respected?

Did they hold up their end of the bargain? No they didn't.
The Baby Loser generation spent their own earnings on frivolous SUV's, over sized homes and dumb ideas. Worse yet they took out loans on our earnings to finance humanitarian projects that they believed in but didn't want to pay for themselves. They decided "they had it too good" and that no other generation of American's should enjoy the sheer bounty they inherited.

The over 50 crowd are the singularly most detestable, ignorant, narcissistic, evil generation of Americans to ever walk the Earth.

Look at the Baby Losers. If cheap camera's were around back when they where our age, the things one would see would probably make one want to vomit. They are the epitome of hedonism. Yet they go out of their way to make sure the younger generations can't indulge ourselves without risk of property seizure and/or long incarceration periods. The Baby losers are a hypocritical generation that acts like a bunch of arrogant air-headed "born again's".

They have ruined our future and they expect us to thank them? Gen Y and Gen X to degree will inherit nothing but debt and extreme poverty, worse then any other period in out countries history and you plague of locust dare to say "we deserve the right to vote too!".

While we are at it we might as well let 5 year olds vote, at-least they wouldn't be gullible and dumb enough to vote for over 30 years for people who continue to mess them over and betray this country.

As far as I am concerned the over 50 crowd aka Baby Losers, only deserve a bridge to live under and a cardboard box every other month.

Many of the over 50 made the statement "one day you will be over 50", and yes that is true. One day we ourselves will be old and weaker. The only differences we intend to uphold our end of the bargain with the generation just born and the generations to come.

In the Bible it say's two things that together form a social contract. Children should respect their Elders, and Elders better not do a darn thing to hurt Children. A simple compact that the Baby Losers managed to shred.

oh i had to quote this for future ats readership this post is simply too priceless and reaffirms my beliefs and the beliefs of many other posters of just how utterly clueless the younger generation has become.

really thanks for making the case for us.
edit on 30-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alpinestar

At least your humble.

I agree! You should be thankful that she wasn't looking for bragging rights. I feel she would have trampled you into the ground!

How do you like us cowardly old farts now?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot of older folks really needing some respect around here..hahaha!
Ok...you made to "old" good work! Intact, old egos are the same as young egos...."I can only be more if someone else is less". So now tell me everything you've done in life...tell me how much wiser you are because you witnessed things that happened before I was born. If you feel the need to tell people about your accomplishments unsolicited, then your ego is fully intact. Wisdom is what's left when you've erraticated your ego.

"The fool believes he knows everything...the wise man KNOWS he knows nothing."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Don't even bother. You are obviously talented and intelligent and one of my favorite posters. A classy dame, like a fine wine only gets better with age. Don't even bother responding to these Red Bull jacked up punks. You are much better than that and so far above these metro mental midgets.

I'd rather listen to a Gershwin than GaGa.

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

OLD PEOPLE NEWS

edit on 30-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank you, I don't know how we can educate these brats, but I am only thankful that I won't be in the same future with them.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I love the Confucius quote! Everything has beauty...even the red bull jacked up punks!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join