It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling evidence about Pyramids of Giza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

Here we go then...spit it out already? You've been banging on about the alleged uniqueness of the Northern alignment and now you're citing Scott Creighton?! In your links and comments, is there a suggestion that our ancient ancestors aligned their caves too?

I'll bite...

How do you think the ancient Egyptians managed to accomplish this singular historical achievement? Links aren't necessary...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Would you please clarify your post? ... Your questions? Maybe re-think what it is you're trying to say? I will give you the benefit of the doubt that You Understood What You Were Writing, but I don't.

If you think it's worth it... try again. If not... enjoy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

How do you think the ancient Egyptians managed to accomplish this singular historical achievement?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Since you mentioned me specifically in your post ill say im honored thx. Now just so you know it has all ready been proven that the Egyptians had everything they needed to find true north. as i said ropes. They understood math they had a measuring system and rope and guess what you can do the same in your back yard if you know what your doing look it up. You will be within 12 arc seconds as well its not hard.(pyramid is off by 12 arc seconds)

Scott Creighton are your serious???? Ok if the only thing you do is read him no wonder your not aware we have the records of the pyramids construction. The Egyptians prided themselves on keeping records and we have payroll records food orders supply listings.Even better we have the name of work gangs that worked on the pyramid such as Friends of Khufu,or the Drunks of Menkaura (has to be my favorite they may have hangovers but dam there good).We found there living areas the places they ate, slept and lived. We have there burial sites and references to there jobs building the pyramid.I can keep going but by now i would hope you take the time to learn about the people that built the pyramid. To say it was built by anyone else other then the Egyptians just shows me you have ignored the last 20 years of discoveries in Egypt.

edit on 5/3/11 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Hello Romka71,

It is well known that the Great Pyramid (and G3) exhibits these proportions as well as Phi. The pyramid attributed to Rachaf (G2) also exhibits Pythagorean proportions. This does NOT, however, mean that the ancients understood these proportions as we do today or even that they used them. The simple fact is, if you design the slope angles of the Giza Pyramids (all three of them) with the use of a simple square and circle you will inevitably and unwittingly place these proportions into the dimensions of the structure.

Observe:

Pyramid Heights

Of course, the above presentation requires you to FIRST obtain the relative base length of the three Gizamids. This is done using the belt stars of the Orion constellation.

Observe:

Pyramid Bases

Thus we can define the dimensions of the three Gizamids without resorting to ANY mathematical formula - just simple geometry.

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

edit on 4/5/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Dear Dragonridr,

I have some comments to make regarding your response to Serafine (above).

Dragonridr: ...we have the records of the pyramids construction.

SC: Which pyramids are you referring to? Please cite a credible source for these "...records of the pyramids construction...".

Dragonridr: The Egyptians prided themselves on keeping records and we have payroll records food orders supply listings.

SC: Care to cite a credible source for these records that specifically relates to the construction of the Giza pyramids c.2,550 BCE - c.2,450 BCE? Do these records specifically state what the wrokers were doing? Were they, for example, building the pyramid(s)? If so, which pyramid(s)? Do these records perhaps indicate that these workers were merely repairing a pyramid? If so, which pyramid(s)? Or perhaps these records merely refer to the workers building the eastern and western cemeteries upon the orders of Khufu? The Inventory Stele does, afterall, tell us that Khufu ordered repair works to various structures at Giza. So, do tell - what exactly were these workers doing and what hard, factual, indisputable proof can you offer that states, unequivocally, that these workers were, in fact, building any of the Giza pyramids as opposed to the maintenance of them or, indeed, other structures at Giza?

Dragonridr: Even better we have the name of work gangs that worked on the pyramid such as Friends of Khufu,or the Drunks of Menkaura....

SC: See above. What exactly did these "friends" and "drunks" do (apart from drink beer)? Specific evidence please.

Dragonridr: We found there living areas the places they ate, slept and lived.

SC: Workers have to live, eat and sleep somewhere. What we are interested in, of course, is unequivocal evidence that tells us precisely what these workers were doing? Building pyramids or repairing pyramids? Building or repairing temples or building the eastern and western cemeteries? What exactly? And where is the evidence?

Dragonridr: We have there burial sites and references to there jobs building the pyramid.

SC: If you are referring here to workers that built the Great Pyramid in the time of the 4th dynasty (c.2,550 BCE) then you are sadly mistaken since Khufu (the probable builder of the Great Pyramid) was not, in fact, a 4th dynasty King. Indeed, his name is not even listed in the King Lists. The 2nd king of 4th dynasty was NOT Khufu but rather a lesser-known king who went by the name of Raufu - which is, of course, the name we find in the King Lists and various other sources from the period and later. Raufu's sons were Radjedef (Djedfre), Rachaf (Khafre) and grandson, Ramenka (Menkaure).

Dragonridr: To say it was built by anyone else other then the Egyptians just shows me you have ignored the last 20 years of discoveries in Egypt.

SC: The Giza pyramids were most certainly built by the Ancient Egyptians - just not the Kings of the 4th dynasty and most certainly not for the purposes of burial. The function of these structures was much more important and pragmatic than the burial of any ancient Egyptian king.

Regards,

Scott Creighton
edit on 12/5/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Typo

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Imo the pyramids were built with help from extraterrestrials. The stones of the pyramid could not be cut without diamond tipped tools. And as far as i know, they were supposedly barely past the stone age...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
do they still think they were made as burial chambers? from what i can gather they never had any thing in them ..i mean anything, no bodies no drawings ..empty, void of anything. also why is it that modern technology can not build a pyramid using the same types of blocks used etc ..also the builder of the great pyramid is based off some graffiti found inside it ....i'm no expert just curious on the subject

edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: link to video

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Most people don't know that in only a few thousand years, every piece of human-shaped plastic and metal of our current technologically advanced civilization will erode away. Then 10,000 years later, a new civilization will be arguing as to whether or not an object in question was made by humans 10,000 years ago.

All of it gone. Including THIS beast; www.mta.info... The pillars will fall in a 9.0 earthquake and the salt water will take care of the rest.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Since you mentioned me specifically in your post ill say im honored thx. Now just so you know it has all ready been proven that the Egyptians had everything they needed to find true north. as i said ropes. They understood math they had a measuring system and rope and guess what you can do the same in your back yard if you know what your doing look it up. You will be within 12 arc seconds as well its not hard.(pyramid is off by 12 arc seconds)

Scott Creighton are your serious???? Ok if the only thing you do is read him no wonder your not aware we have the records of the pyramids construction. The Egyptians prided themselves on keeping records and we have payroll records food orders supply listings.Even better we have the name of work gangs that worked on the pyramid such as Friends of Khufu,or the Drunks of Menkaura (has to be my favorite they may have hangovers but dam there good).We found there living areas the places they ate, slept and lived. We have there burial sites and references to there jobs building the pyramid.I can keep going but by now i would hope you take the time to learn about the people that built the pyramid. To say it was built by anyone else other then the Egyptians just shows me you have ignored the last 20 years of discoveries in Egypt.

edit on 5/3/11 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Hmmm...

Speaking of ignoring evidence.

Let's take a look at some facts.

The early dynasties recorded EVERY aspect of their lives in heiroglyphic script.
The monuments they built are recorded in detail.

Yet there are no heiroglyphic records of the Giza pyramids or the Sphinx being
constructed...

As well, the Egyptians covered every surface, ceilings, floors, walls with
heiroglyphs.

Yet there are no heiroglyphs on the outside casing stones, on the stones
underlying the casing stones, none inside the Giza pyramids ANYWHERE...

So we are expected to believe that a culture that covered damn near every
inch with heiroglyphs didn't bother to put a single glyph onto their greatest
structures ??

Hardly.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Let's take a look at some facts.

The early dynasties recorded EVERY aspect of their lives in heiroglyphic script.
The monuments they built are recorded in detail.

Please enlighten us as to how you arrived at the conviction that the above is factual in any way at all.

Originally posted by Version100As well, the Egyptians covered every surface, ceilings, floors, walls with
heiroglyphs.

Please link us to pics of hieroglyphics in other tombs erected during the fourth dynasty.

Originally posted by Version100Yet there are no heiroglyphs on the outside casing stones, on the stones
underlying the casing stones, none inside the Giza pyramids ANYWHERE...[./quote]

Even Scott Creighton knows the above is simply not the case.

Originally posted by Version100
Hmmm...

Speaking of ignoring evidence.

Hmmm...

Speaking of fabricating evidence.

Harte
edit on 5/12/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Version100As well, the Egyptians covered every surface, ceilings, floors, walls with
heiroglyphs.

Please link us to pics of hieroglyphics in other tombs erected during the fourth dynasty.

Your assumption that the 4th Egyptian dynasty built the pyramids.
Could you point me to any heiroglyph from the 4th dynasty that depicts the construction
of the pyramids ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the Egyptians left information about All aspects of there life.
How they eat, dress, make love ... ect, yet not a mention of 'Building' the pyramids.
Hmmm.

My belief is that they were there Before the Egyptians showed up....
I also do not believe they were created by man.
Who created them, is still a deep question in my mind, and why.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hello Harte,

Harte: Please link us to pics of hieroglyphics in other tombs erected during the fourth dynasty.

SC: You might want to check out the hieroglyphs in the 4th dynasty tomb of Kawab, (a son of Khufu). There are also many hieroglyphs in the tomb of Khafkhufu I & II (end of the 4th dynasty).

Regards,

Scott Creighton
edit on 13/5/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
here´s a great docu of a researcher who investigated the building of the great pyramid in giza.
one of the few unspeculative and more scientific documentations.
the theory is about the possibillity of an internal ramp to get the stones towards the pyramid and the great chamber and hallway with a new architectual explanation..

www.3ds.com...
www.3ds.com/introduction/

great watch.
no Erich von Däniken needed..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
reply to post by Harte

Hello Harte,

Harte: Please link us to pics of hieroglyphics in other tombs erected during the fourth dynasty.

SC: You might want to check out the hieroglyphs in the 4th dynasty tomb of Kawab, (a son of Khufu). There are also many hieroglyphs in the tomb of Khafkhufu I & II (end of the 4th dynasty).

Regards,

Scott Creighton
edit on 13/5/2011 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

thanks scott for the link...it helped with something im working on.......but cmon...nearly 60 MB
...there goes my monthly download limit...

lol...peace

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Dragonridr: "Even better we have the name of work gangs that worked on the pyramid such as Friends of Khufu,or the Drunks of Menkaura"

does anyone else find this graffiti odd?

it sounds very contemporary to me.

like, "friends of kufu" isn't that a little too familiar for the time of a living god? possibly dangerous?

that doesn't make alot of sense to me.

even the "drunks of menkaura"! common, wonder how many days without an accident these guys had? lol!

i saw a show with hawass showing some guy things like this with a mirror on a stick, to see behind some rocks inside.

right then, i thought it was bs. is that SOP? it could have been planted, imo.

besides, if they were from maintinence or pilgrims, it would make more sense. even then, the risk of "defiling"

something like this would be fairly severe.

then i wonder if people would even be let inside, for repairs or "tours" lol. back in the day.

i still go with pre-egyptian builders.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
Dragonridr: "Even better we have the name of work gangs that worked on the pyramid such as Friends of Khufu,or the Drunks of Menkaura"

does anyone else find this graffiti odd?

it sounds very contemporary to me.

like, "friends of kufu" isn't that a little too familiar for the time of a living god? possibly dangerous?

that doesn't make alot of sense to me.

even the "drunks of menkaura"! common, wonder how many days without an accident these guys had? lol!

i saw a show with hawass showing some guy things like this with a mirror on a stick, to see behind some rocks inside.

right then, i thought it was bs. is that SOP? it could have been planted, imo.

besides, if they were from maintinence or pilgrims, it would make more sense. even then, the risk of "defiling"

something like this would be fairly severe.

then i wonder if people would even be let inside, for repairs or "tours" lol. back in the day.

i still go with pre-egyptian builders.

Howdy

Such marks have been found elsewhere. You do realize that the workers marks are in a part of the pyramid that was inaccessible once it was built? The only reason we have seen them is because the man who found them used explosives to break into the the area.

If you think the AE were somehow different from 'us' you are mistaken, humanity has many common traits and the wording of the messages are very common amounts present day and ancient people. You may wish to read graffiti written by Greeks and Romans 2k+, or comments by Sumerians or Bablyonians
Pre-Egyptians? Okay show us the evidence, oh and please show us something other than your personal incredulous opinion of known facts, denial of facts isn't evidence. You will also need to explain the findings dealing with neolithic sites in AE, so why did these 'pre-Egyptians' not leave any traces of their existence while the neolithic Egyptians left a large number of sites?

Hanslune

Most people don't know that in only a few thousand years, every piece of human-shaped plastic and metal of our current technologically advanced civilization will erode away.

Incorrect, some items will last for a very very long time. Glass and ceramics, cut gems will last as long as stone.

Wooden javelins from 200,000 years have survived to the present so a lot of the present (or past) civilization, if they were advanced, will be preserved, as will non-advanced peoples, not all but some.

edit on 16/5/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Hello Fooks,

Fooks: i saw a show with hawass showing some guy things like this with a mirror on a stick, to see behind some rocks inside. right then, i thought it was bs. is that SOP? it could have been planted, imo.

SC: It is quite unlikely that the Old Kingdom quarry marks I believe you are referring to "...could have been planted...". These quarry marks run between 50 ton, immovable blocks within the so-called 'relieving chambers' of the Great Pyramid -- granite blocks that you can barely squeeze a match-box into the gap. The hieroglyphs between these gaps run some considerable way into the gaps, so much so that it would have been impossible for any forger to have placed them there after the blocks were set in place. I have not seen these blocks myself but my good friend, author Graham Hancock, spent a whole day examining them close up at the invitation of Dr Zahi Hawass. This is what Hancock had to say (originally) about what he found in these chambers:

"As John West kindly reported in his open letter to Stower I have changed my views on the validity of the forgery theory. The relieving chambers are strictly off limits to the public and are extremely difficult to gain access to. I had been unable to obtain permission to visit them prior to the publication of Keeper/Message in 1996. However, in December 1997, Dr Zahi Hawass allowed me to spend an entire day exploring these chambers. There were no restrictions on where I looked and I had ample time to examine the hieroglyphs closely, under powerful lights. Cracks in some of the joints reveal hieroglyphs set far back into the masonry. No 'forger' could possibly have reached in there after the blocks had been set in place - blocks, I should add, that weigh tens of tons each and that are immovably interlinked with one another. The only reasonable conclusion is the one which orthodox Egyptologists have already long held - namely that the hieroglyphs are genuine Old Kingdom graffiti and that they were daubed on the blocks before construction began." - Graham Hancock From here.

I should add, however, that Hancock has since retracted somewhat from his position above in a statement given on 4th April 2011, in which he states the following:

In Fingerprints I supported the Vyse forgery theory. Later when I got into the relieving chambers myself and saw that some quarry marks disappear far back into the gaps between the blocks I felt that I must be wrong to support the forgery theory -- because no one could have got a brush into those gaps to carry out the forgery. Therefore the quarry marks must be genuine and must have been put on the blocks before they were put into place in the chamber. Accordingly I retracted the position I had taken in Fingerprints.

It's possible I threw the baby out with the bathwater with that retraction. Unlike the unforgeable quarry marks positioned between the blocks, the Khufu cartouche is in plain view and could easily have been forged by Vyse.

I do not insist it was, I just accept that it could have been, and that some interesting doubts have been raised over its authenticity. I await further evidence one way or the other. - Graham Hancock From here.

My personal view is that Graham is quite right to now state that, with his original retraction, he might indeed have "...threw the baby out with the bathwater ..." Indeed, in a private email to me, he acknowledges the possibility that the Khufu cartouche discovered in Campbell's Chamber by Col. Howard-Vyse could have been tampered with as this cartouche is in plain sight and is easily accessible on the gabled roof of this chamber, unlike the other hieroglyphs (none of which read "Khufu") found in the narrow gaps between the immovable granite blocks.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join