It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling evidence about Pyramids of Giza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The people who built the Great Pyramids were from Atlantis and highly advanced. Read the work of Edgar Cayce if you want to know the truth.

Well, a fellow named Mark Lehner thought so too...only he went to Egypt to find out for himself. You might want to take a cue from him:

Lehner first went to Egypt as a student in the 1970s. Intrigued by the mysteries of the 'Sleeping Prophet', Edgar Cayce, Lehner "found that [my] initial notions about the ancient civilization along the Nile could not stand up to the bedrock reality of the Giza Plateau". He turned to the scientific method of discovery in order to understand the culture better, returning some years later to complete a doctorate degree at Yale University. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi pyramid fans and OP.

You will find the answer about **how** the largest pyramid was built,
and **why** the stones look like beeing poured cement/grout/concrete,
in the second line of my signature. B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees

Wow, that's almost spooky.

I can't believe Egyptians could actually create right angles by themselves.

Surely someone must have helped them out?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Would it then be equally startling for another pyramid on the other side of the Atlantic to exhibit similarities in construction and mathematics?

I think another poster said something about it too as I skimmed the posts, but The Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan incorporates Pi into its structure as well.

The height of the Great Pyramid at Giza x 2pi = the perimeter of the base.
The height of the Pyramid of the Sun x 4pi = the perimeter of the base.

Let it be known that the two pyramids have nearly identical base perimeters.

How is it that two monolithic structures, an ocean apart, have near equal perimeters and manage to incorporate Pi into their buildings with astonishing accuracy?

Could not one theory be that both pyramids were influenced by the same source? Or what if one civilization influenced the other? I know of no historical records that show interaction between Mexico and Egypt at that time period. However, the true age of both of these sites are highly debatable and evidence does demonstrate that they are thousands of years older than mainstream archaeology would like to admit.

Just food for thought

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Your post kinda reminds me of this:

edit on 29-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
reply to post by PhotonEffect

it shouldnt matter what measurement is used if the equation is right.
edit on 28-4-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

This is true.

However, the actual ratio is 22/7. Not pi.

This is due to the way the Egyptians measured angles. The Great Pyramid was constructed with a face angle of 22/28 (measured the way Egyptians measured angles - so many cubits across per so many cubits up.)

If you do the calculation, you'll find that the number arrived at by the OP's method is several decimal places closer to 22/7 than it is to pi.

A cubit consisted of 28 "fingers." The angle is actually 22 fingers in for every 28 fingers up. Egyptian angle measurement is similar to what we refer to as inverse slope. Except the Egyptians didn't resolve such ratios into decimals the way we do.

Kahfre's pyramid, when the same math is performed (the way the OP did it) comes to almost exactly 3.0. Again, this is due to the way the angles were laid out. In Kahfre's pyramid, the (Egyptian - style) angle was 21/28.

Not even a hint of a mystery here, IOW.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have never questioned the magnificence of the great pyramid. I first saw it in the background of a photo of my Father's father from the second world war, where he was stationed as a medic in Giza.

I don't have any facts or figures for you, only the certainty that ancient peoples put a lot of time and expertise into one of the longest lasting monuments of recorded history.

The mathematics incorporated into the Giza complex is boggling, so much so that I can only presume that a very complex understanding was involved, and that implies a complex and sophisticated knowledge of fundamental properties.

Over the years, there have been stories on the pyramid complex ranging from simplistic complexity through to complex simplicity, and I still have no idea HOW they were made.

We will still be talking about them for another 6000 years

P.S.
If it was so simple to do with pulleys and pine trees,
do you think anyone with a few ?billions of dollars would mind showing us how easy it is to duplicate the great pyramids ?

How many times have I said complex so far ? Just enough.
edit on 29-4-2011 by mremonkey because: I forgot to mention ....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mremonkey
P.S.
If it was so simple to do with pulleys and pine trees,
do you think anyone with a few ?billions of dollars would mind showing us how easy it is to duplicate the great pyramids ?

Of course they would mind.

Where could they find a skilled workforce that would work for beer and bread?

How could they make money off the finished product?

Billionaires didn't get rich by wasting billions of dollars to satisfy forum posters.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If you do your due diligence, you will find that the pyramids are not those precise dimensions, they are not perfectly aligned and that during their construction that corrections had to be made that are visible today and ignored by those who want to distort the facts.

I like your post and am in agreement for the most part, but I do want to add that I'm in the construction industry and can verify that the accuracy of the pyramids greatly eclipses the accuracy we can achieve today. Even with our modern surveying equipment we can't come close to their tolerances. It's a great frustration of mine that today's construction is so highly inaccurate, we are constantly having to make field changes to compensate for sloppy tolerances. The bigger the project the broader the errors and inaccuracies. I am not saying that aliens made the pyramids or anything, but I am saying that even with all of our technology we could not repeat what they created and as such, how they were done is one of the greatest mysteries of all (known) history.

The pyramid mythology has been used as a source of books, video's and all manner of fiction for fun and profit. Interesting enough on their own, I'm always amazed at the myths surrounding them.

Yeah, a lot of wierd stuff has been offered up over the years. But I'm not surprised, they are remarkable feats of design and engineering. So simple in appearance, yet so enormously complicated in execution. They truly are a wonder and it's no surprise they get so much attention.

The real conspiracy in that part of the world as I see it is, the Muslim Radicals blocking real Archaeology and research out of fear of true history. There you will find genuine conspiracy.

Yes, it's terrible. They have destroyed many great works in art and architecture that we know of, and undoubtedly many others throughout history that we are not aware of.

edit on 29-4-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

I like your post and am in agreement for the most part, but I do want to add that I'm in the construction industry and can verify that the accuracy of the pyramids greatly eclipses the accuracy we can achieve today. Even with our modern surveying equipment we can't come close to their tolerances.

I dispute that claim.

If you mean alignment with true north, we can do at least 60 times better.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, the original dimensions of the Great Pyramid were:

480.6 ft tall
755.9 ft square at the base

So, (755.9*4)/(480.6*2) = 3.145651269246775

which is close. I'm not sure how they determined those original dimensions, perhaps there are more accurate ones. But I'm also guessing there are many objects in the world where if you take some mathematical combination of its dimensions, you might come close to some significant number (like pi), too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I like your post and am in agreement for the most part, but I do want to add that I'm in the construction industry and can verify that the accuracy of the pyramids greatly eclipses the accuracy we can achieve today. Even with our modern surveying equipment we can't come close to their tolerances.

Your second sentence discredits the first.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you do your due diligence, you will find that the pyramids are not those precise dimensions, they are not perfectly aligned and that during their construction that corrections had to be made that are visible today and ignored by those who want to distort the facts.

Do some searches and you will find plentiful threads on these things here.

The pyramid mythology has been used as a source of books, video's and all manner of fiction for fun and profit. Interesting enough on their own, I'm always amazed at the myths surrounding them. They get used to enhance so many topics it has become nearly comical in fact.

Shortly this will become a part of the 2012 Myth and likely already has. There is always an authority figure, an evil authority figure who is hiding the truth with no way to confirm they have hidden anything.

The real conspiracy in that part of the world as I see it is, the Muslim Radicals blocking real Archaeology and research out of fear of true history. There you will find genuine conspiracy.

This stuff is all "Weekly World News the Light Version". It follows the same pattern in that it's unapproachable people or locations and information that the reader cannot verify.

As spectacular as these monuments are, anyone with a tiny amount of knowledge of physics can themselves move those huge blocks by themselves and the true mystery is simply that we don't know how they used these simple methods.

The Documentaries and books by less than trustworthy people, motivated by profits feed these myths as they present wild supposition as fact. But then it's fun to imagine these myths as being real, but counterproductive to gaining true knowledge.

If you take the time to truly look, you will find all manner of deception on this topic. Purposeful bad photo's as a good photo would show the truth for instance. Wild translations from people with no expertise or common sense and those who know their stuff is crap that would make P.T. Barnum proud.
edit on 4/28/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

Having done my own "due diligence", I know for a mathematical fact what the pyramids of giza are trying to say. Because of the hard work of the wonderful people at world-mysteries.com, they are bringing my discoveries to life with pictures... Part 1 2012 and the Pyramids of Giza . That is only the beginning! Much more is to come.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny
Having done my own "due diligence", I know for a mathematical fact what the pyramids of giza are trying to say. Because of the hard work of the wonderful people at world-mysteries.com, they are bringing my discoveries to life with pictures... Part 1 2012 and the Pyramids of Giza . That is only the beginning! Much more is to come.

--Charles Marcello

Oh, well then!

If your "work" is being published by an online fringe website, you MUST know what you're talking about!

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by Blaine91555

anyone with a tiny amount of knowledge of physics can themselves move those huge blocks by themselves

Can you please provide a source to back your claim? Your post seems a bit... hypocritical? (even though I agree with a lot of what you said)

There are TONS to back the OPs, but I haven't seen one anywhere that backs the above statement.

~Namaste
edit on 28-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

TO ADD: I have more than a tiny amount of knowledge in physics and I haven't found a way to move those blocks, not without completely destroying them in the process. The amount of force to move them would be at least equivalent to the weight in mass, plus the opposition of gravity to move them.
edit on 28-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

www.theforgottentechnology.com/newpage4

You lose.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is it not possible that these ratios used in building the pyramids were the ratios needed to support such a large structure? If this is the case then it's not all that strange.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Oh, well then!

If your "work" is being published by an online fringe website, you MUST know what you're talking about!

Harte

Dude really? I mean really? ATS is the epitome of a "fringe" website and you post here. I mean the same argument you're using to tear me down, is kicking your own buttocks. I'm not sure if a roll up newspaper could wack the stupid out of that statement, or if simply giving you a huge and then walking away shaking my head declaring, "wow, just wow!" would equal the correct response... Your statement was funny as hell. This is what you remind me of...

Now I'm not singing, "my opinion is better then your opinion... my opinion is better then yours..." I said the math proves it. Those wonderful people at world-mysteries.com did all the math on their own and created all the pictures by simply reading what I said you will discover if you do the work yourself. That site did the work, and then provided their readers and the world with the pictures. A second source did the work and recreated the same results... I had nothing to do with those pictures... nothing to do with their math! Other then stating this is what you will find if you do the work.

I realize on a fringe website like ATS its easy to be condescending and lazy at the same time, oh holier then thou ATS fringe dude... but if that other "fringe" website can do all that work in less then two days, then someone as self important as you seem to think you are… you should be able to prove it false in less then two days... If its wrong it should be easy to prove, or is condescending lazy remarks all you're truly worth? Just askin!

--Charles Marcello
edit on 29-4-2011 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny

Originally posted by Harte

Oh, well then!

Harte

Dude really? I mean really? ATS is the epitome of a "fringe" website and you post here.

Sorry...but posting on ATS is not exactly the equivalent of publishing. I post...I've been published...not the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Umm, hi again JohnnyCanuck, its been awhile... I wasn't compare/contrasting a post to publishing, I was pointing out how funny it was using a condescending tone towards a "fringe" website, while posting a condescending remark on a major fringe website... Being a canuck I can see how the cold weather can confuse the two.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Is it not possible that these ratios used in building the pyramids were the ratios needed to support such a large structure? If this is the case then it's not all that strange.

Beautiful display of logic. A simple observation with a logical solution. With all the advanced maths that the egyptians discovered, its still a feat to try to reach "the gods" with a structure that is made of heavy stone that is the shape of our modern day sky scrapers. Their solution was to use the pyramid structure in order to achieve those heights. They werent as amazing as some dramatize them to be and still made mistakes while figuring this process out with the angles: en.wikipedia.org...

This structures never cease to amaze me, and shows just how smart the human race actually is when they put their mind to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join