It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling evidence about Pyramids of Giza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small. Did the ancient Egyptians know what the number pi was? Not likely, seeing as it was a number not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the 6th century, and the pyramids calculate it to the fifteenth.

What about the fact that even though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square? Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees. In fact, the sides have a difference in length of something like two centimeters, which is an incredibly small amount.

Source
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 28-4-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The people who built the Great Pyramids were from Atlantis and highly advanced. Read the work of Edgar Cayce if you want to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What if most of history is a fabrication? And Napolean was right.

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wait, what do you mean they didn't have the wheel? Yes they did! Other than that, great post S&F!! I think the pyramid mystery is the greatest in all the world, fascinates me to death!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Did you know the base perimeter of the Giza Great Pyramid is the same as the perimeter of the Mexican Pyramid of the Sun?

Funny how old news is still as refreshing and inquisitive as it was 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Damn it you beat me to the post.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you do your due diligence, you will find that the pyramids are not those precise dimensions, they are not perfectly aligned and that during their construction that corrections had to be made that are visible today and ignored by those who want to distort the facts.

Do some searches and you will find plentiful threads on these things here.

The pyramid mythology has been used as a source of books, video's and all manner of fiction for fun and profit. Interesting enough on their own, I'm always amazed at the myths surrounding them. They get used to enhance so many topics it has become nearly comical in fact.

Shortly this will become a part of the 2012 Myth and likely already has. There is always an authority figure, an evil authority figure who is hiding the truth with no way to confirm they have hidden anything.

The real conspiracy in that part of the world as I see it is, the Muslim Radicals blocking real Archaeology and research out of fear of true history. There you will find genuine conspiracy.

This stuff is all "Weekly World News the Light Version". It follows the same pattern in that it's unapproachable people or locations and information that the reader cannot verify.

As spectacular as these monuments are, anyone with a tiny amount of knowledge of physics can themselves move those huge blocks by themselves and the true mystery is simply that we don't know how they used these simple methods.

The Documentaries and books by less than trustworthy people, motivated by profits feed these myths as they present wild supposition as fact. But then it's fun to imagine these myths as being real, but counterproductive to gaining true knowledge.

If you take the time to truly look, you will find all manner of deception on this topic. Purposeful bad photo's as a good photo would show the truth for instance. Wild translations from people with no expertise or common sense and those who know their stuff is crap that would make P.T. Barnum proud.
edit on 4/28/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by romka71

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small. Did the ancient Egyptians know what the number pi was? Not likely, seeing as it was a number not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the 6th century, and the pyramids calculate it to the fifteenth.

Hey cool!

So about these numbers...Which measurement was being used to determine this?

Was it feet, inches, cm, meters, pyramid inches, or royal cubits?

Also, does the height measurement take into account the missing apex of the great pyramid, or not? Or how about the perimeter measurement? Does it take into account the base with or without the casing stones?( I'm assuming you're referring to the pyramid of Khufu when you say pyramid)

Also, what's your source for these factoids?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If you do your due diligence, you will find that the pyramids are not those precise dimensions, they are not perfectly aligned and that during their construction that corrections had to be made that are visible today and ignored by those who want to distort the facts.

Check out the article from this thread started today. It's very interesting and addresses the constellation alignment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great info OP! I always like hearing interesting facts, or theories, about the pyramids!

Here's an article I came across to day that is pretty interesting as well. It talks about the unnatural makeup of the limestone blocks that the pyramids are built with. It suggests the blocks were cast with a cement mixture.

www.livescience.com...
edit on 4/28/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

anyone with a tiny amount of knowledge of physics can themselves move those huge blocks by themselves

Can you please provide a source to back your claim? Your post seems a bit... hypocritical? (even though I agree with a lot of what you said)

There are TONS to back the OPs, but I haven't seen one anywhere that backs the above statement.

~Namaste
edit on 28-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

TO ADD: I have more than a tiny amount of knowledge in physics and I haven't found a way to move those blocks, not without completely destroying them in the process. The amount of force to move them would be at least equivalent to the weight in mass, plus the opposition of gravity to move them.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

it shouldnt matter what measurement is used if the equation is right.
edit on 28-4-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hardly startling. Old post about many well known facts. What about the unknowns? The chambers under the Sphinx? Why no hieroglyphs inside?

Bah. Still waiting for NEW information.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Not to pick, but it doesn't matter what units of measure you use, it's the ratio between the two measurements in that equation that matter.

Oh, lewman beat me to it...
edit on 4/28/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/28/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There is a timeline (or calendar) which was discovered a few years back using the passage ways and tunnels within Giza. This timeline shows that we are in some final stage, heading into a time of "no more death". I'm not sure exactly how the translation was worded, but it was from an interesting bit of info, the one that tied the Egyptians to the Mayans and the Hopis in their "end of an age" beliefs.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Exactly while I don't agree on all of this persons views one thing stuck out to me in this video:

Whats going on at 5:58? Egyptians had accordians? Spanish looking guitars? Was a this a later addition? Or were most if not a majority of the Pyramids of Egypt built much later than previously thought?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by romka71

This is something that happens when you play with Isosceles Triangles. As the Greeks determined all shapes revert back to a circle even the square.So being able to calculate pi means we understand geometry not them.

What about the fact that even though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square? Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees. In fact, the sides have a difference in length of something like two centimeters, which is an incredibly small amount.

This is actually quite a feat considering the length it means they were very accurate at measuring distance but again they weren't the first to invent the ruler.

What about the fact that although the Egyptians kept very careful records about everything they ever did; every king they had, every war they fought, and every structure they built, there were no records of them ever having built the pyramids?

There are records showing they built the pyramid.They even found foreman records showing how much food was prepared and even names of specific teams who worked on the pyramid. my favorite is Drunkards of Menkaure I figure they didnt start working until about noon! Then of course there are the quarries were tools and unfinnished stones are found.

What about the fact that the Egyptians had not even invented the wheel yet, but the blocks that they had to carry to build the pyramids weighed about 2 tons each? 4,000 lbs.? What did they do... use cement? In fact, they used so much stone, that if you took all of the stone they used and cut it into 1 foot square blocks, it would extend 2/3 of the way around the earth!!!

The great Pyramid was started in 2470 B.C and the oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. However many believe they have been around since 8000 B.C. give or take. The only problem is with such massive weights the wheel was useless so either way really doesn't matter.

If you take the line of longitude that the pyramid lies on and the latitude that the pyramid lies on, 31 degrees north by 31 degrees west (the fact that they are the same number is a coincidence???) they are the two lines that cover the most combined land area in the world. In essence, the pyramid is the center of all of the land mass of the whole earth!!!!

The lines of longitude were based off the location of Greenwich which didn't exist yet makes this a coincidence.Now since egypt itself is the center of the land mass or close anyway within 1 degree depending on how its calculated. And the pyramid was built by Egyptians it would stand to reason it be in the center of the land mass. It would have been stranger if they built the great pyramid in turkey dont you think??

How about the fact that a group of modern scientists attempted to build a pyramid out next to the real one using modern technologies, and after something like 100 days, succeeded in building one about 1/40 of the size of the real one????

The base stones that make up the foundation of the Roman sun godess temple at baalbek, Lebanon. These stones have been calculated to be from from 60 to over 100 tons. In 1586 Renaissance architect Domenico Fontana relocated the 361 ton Vatican obelisk in Rome and get this erected with only pulleys. Dont down play human accomplishments as a species were very resourceful.Obviously we can move the weight the rest is just having the money and the reason to do so.

Did you know that the height of the pyramid (481 feet) is almost exactly 1/1,000,000,000 of the distance from the earth to the sun (480.6 billion feet)?

Do to the condition of the pyramid this is only an educated guess.However it is amazing what we can figure out with math isnt it.

What about all of that fungi that was found in King Tutu's chamber? Fungi which has never before been seen on earth? What about the Pharaoh's curse????? You decide, who built the Pyramids?????

There was no fungus found in the great pyramid Now if your talking about king tuts tomb they did indeed find mold not surprising considering they put food in the tomb for the pharaoh. And yes mold can kill or at the very least make you very sick thats why some houses have to be condemned.

And i believe i all ready told you who built it the Egyptians. Why is it as a species we all ways under estimate are abilities?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Originally posted by Klassified

Exactly while I don't agree on all of this persons views one thing stuck out to me in this video:

Whats going on at 5:58? Egyptians had accordians? Spanish looking guitars? Was a this a later addition? Or were most if not a majority of the Pyramids of Egypt built much later than previously thought?
Don't know about the actual picture, but Strings and bellows are thought to have been a used form.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

The accordian and the guitar were photoshopped into the picture.

Thanks for posting this. Quite an extreme view. But I want to look into it anyway, just to say I have if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

That's very compelling and well made, but I'd have to say that there are many outright false statements made. I have to say that this is bogus.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Can you please provide a source to back your claim?....

TO ADD: I have more than a tiny amount of knowledge in physics and I haven't found a way to move those blocks, not without completely destroying them in the process. The amount of force to move them would be at least equivalent to the weight in mass, plus the opposition of gravity to move them.
(Edited for length -FL)

I hate to answer questions directed at someone else, but are you serious?
What about leverage, pulleys or counterweights?

I'm not saying that any of these techniques were used in building the pyramids, but it certainly IS possible to move large objects using 'simple' physics.
I thought most people had heard about this guy

As a bonus, I even found a site that claims to have a scientific explanation to the building of the Great Pyramid.
Bonus!

On topic:

There is a lot of fascinating things about the Pyramids and I really hope that we are able to determine it's origins and true usage in my lifetime.

Personally, I think Christopher Dunn's theory about 'the Giza Powerplant' is really interesting.
Video is about 2hrs, but worth the watch imho.

- FL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join