It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Your monarchy?
That's right, bow down to the HOUSE OF HANNOVER - your monarchy is german/greek.

Do you understand the psychological aspects of conspicuous consumption?

Buy into it if you want, but don't berate me for not falling for this garbage.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure how they work out the cost of these things, but all the policemen, soldiers, and other servants all get paid anyway whether they are performing in a function like this or not.

I'm sure there will be some additional people taken on just for the day, but the majority are already on the payroll.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I woke up this morning and saw this Royal pain in the ass playing on my TV and all I could think of was......man the world could be using some of that money to eat with. These rich sons of bi+ches steal from you all day every day and then blame their myriads of different organizations that they created, they fund, so they won't have to personally take the blame for it, and then I see the world watching this stupid wedding. People who steal from you, who think they're better than you and who have no more credentials in life other than being born with a silver spoon in their mouths.......while you can't even afford food for your plastic spoon anymore. How many millions will watch this crap? Who cares. I know I won't be one of them. I am watching some boring UFO show which I have already seen like 10 times. He's marrying a commoner huh? BULLCRAP! She is of blood relation (according to a popular online genealogy site...yeah, that one) to George Washington and George S. Patton. Our greatest Forefather and argueably our greates general. This is most liely a slap to Americans faces and they don't even see it. A marriage between Great Britain and the United States .........Looks like ( through craftiness of plugging key members into our government and Presidency hijacking ) they (Great Britain) might have gotten back what was once theirs..........The United States of America.This is their way of rubbing our noses in it. Why do you think Tony Blair and the GB government was the only ones who supported us in the wars (ok the only major hitting country)? They were working with Bush to get back their country and Bush was helping them. The Bush lineage is also European.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Seeing the queen all dressed up in her wealthy hand tailored clothing made me sick, look at these pretentious fools, they all could care less about the world around them, because they are protected by their palaces and money.

Rot. In. Hell.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It is our monarchy they have been since they gained power, I don't care either way about today I just find it amusing when people cry about the way we live but DO NOTHING but moan you could leave and enjoy your life free of german overlords and wasteful tax spending but you wont will you.
edit on 29-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

They didn't GAIN power - they were given it, just like they have been given everything else in their spoiled pampered lives, which the taxpayer pays for, despite the queen being the richest woman in the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

That's gaining power.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

No, gaining something is EARNING it.

These fools haven't earned a thing in their lives, all they do is take, take, then take some more.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Niall197

Except I don't - I represent a large and growing proportion who couldn't give a stuff about this charade which is costing the economy BILLIONS in people not working, plus the hundreds of millions for security.

All so a bunch of greek/germans can have a jolly up.

Like the title says - you can stick this charade where the sun don't shine.

Ach, switch off the PC, open your curtains for the first time this year & grab a shower ... then go out make some friends. Stars & flags are no substitute for human contact, you sad little basement-dwelling joy vampire.

It's quite a nice day out too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Ah but it's a bank holiday, so they get double time!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

as i said, heathrow airport, plane, off you go.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If you turn on your TV's now to BBC World... you will see over a million people starting to gather outside buckingham palace, its hard to say how many but there are well over 1 million, and you say nobody likes them? haha, i love this, i wish i was there, what a glorious day, about 15 minutes to go until they come to the balcony and you get to see how many people really are there.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
good on you all, who left positive comments.. regardless of your thoughts on the royals, today should be about being patriotic and proud of your country.. which we dont have much of these days..
plus we get the day off

the rest of you and especially the op.. shame on you..

(this only applies to fellow brits)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The last thing that people needs right now is more toffs flaunting their obscene wealth.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ach, switch off the PC, open your curtains for the first time this year & grab a shower ... then go out make some friends. Stars & flags are no substitute for human contact, you sad little basement-dwelling joy vampire.

It's quite a nice day out too.

edit on 29/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Jesus Christ budski!!.....I'll bet your an absolute blast at parties aren't you!

Stop pushing your agenda as if you are representing the majority of British people, you are spouting the nonsense of the minorities..... you represent all that is wrong with our country, people like you would give away our heritage, instead of defending it.

As has been said earlier, if you don't like your own country.......then close the door on your way out!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

They are showing those aerial pics now there is easily 1 million there!

They must be sweating like champions...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by budski

Jesus Christ budski!!.....I'll bet your an absolute blast at parties aren't you!

Stop pushing your agenda as if you are representing the majority of British people, you are spouting the nonsense of the minorities..... you represent all that is wrong with our country, people like you would give away our heritage, instead of defending it.

As has been said earlier, if you don't like your own country.......then close the door on your way out!

I am willing to give away our heritage, as we go and live as 'one' for ever

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You have just hit the nail head, Look at all the people there to see it, I'm pleased to see thing's aren't as bad as it seem's and we do have patriot's amongst us still.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yes...the world and planet earth have a lot of problems......that is exactly why I like the royal wedding...it is about real love, true romance and royalty. This event removes my mind from all the problems of the world and my own problems.as well..at least for a while...and gives me hope.
edit on 29-4-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join