It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It's a royal wedding.

It will cost allot of money.

It will generate allot of interest.

Just shut up and watch history in the making, you un-patriotic bas****.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Can somebody please answer this:

What do WE share in common with the royals? Apart from being british/english.

NOTHING. They live in a world of fantasy, where it's ok to spend millions if not billions on a wedding. It's not about the op being negative, he/she is just being real. That money could go on something much MORE USEFULL as the op has already stated. Are you really going to say otherwise? Think about it like this:
Today somebody's home is going to be repossed, somebody homeless is going to starve and people who make a difference in this country are going to be underpaid, AGAIN. I wonder what the bill of this wedding could do for the people of england. Food for thought?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrixXxtaR

Whats patriotic about crushing opposition to the Wedding, literally using pre crime tactics to prevent any slight dissent to the notion of royalty. Thats a dangerous road to go down as well as you calling people un patriotic for not sharing your views.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Free party's will be going on up and down the country, you just have to actively look for them, The bass will be pumping.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

They're not British - they are german/greek, with all of the queens side from the house of hannover.

They still follow mostly german traditions, like opening xmas presents on xmas eve rather than xmas day.

Let them have their day by all means, but surely the richest woman in the world can pay for it herself.

As it is, conspicuous consumption is the order of the day, with US footing the bill.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by TruthFreedomNow

It was supposed to be something we could all "partake" in, by organising our OWN street parties, bunting, etc etc

Yes but the key phrase in my sentence was "THEY SHOULD FOOT THE BILL"....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

I think you live in a fantasy world. This wedding has cost a fraction of Diana's.

I find it hilarious how much people are looking into this, of course life still goes on while they get married. You can say exactly the same thing for ANY event in the world.

How many homes were repossessed while Obama was made President?

Your argument is pathetic & invalid.

reply to post by woodwardjnr

He is not un-patriotic by my view but by the millions of people who are patriotic enough to watch the Royal Wedding.

Why must people on ATS try and find a problem or conspiracy with any mass public event. It's pathetic & nothing but attention seeking.
edit on 29/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I dont think anyone would not feel happy for Willie and Kate as fellow human beings, it is their wedding day after all but i think the negative feelings are toward the monarchy and the general pompousness of the whole affair, including the cost. I mean, i got married abroad in Cyprus with First Choice Holidays, we had as much as you can eat and drink, great weather and all of our loved ones present, it was the best day ever and only cost 11 grand. If it was good enough for me then i genuinely cant see any reason why it would not be good enough for them.

I used to get so frustrated with people who were fans of the Royals, i could never understand why a person would blindly place a fellow human being, who is their equal, on such a high pedestal. In my humble opinion not only would it be an insult to me but also a massive insult to them to treat them in such a bizarre way, I would feel much prouder calling Will my brother, a fellow human or just Will rather than having to call him Prince William and bow down to him.

Some people dont see this and are happy to blindly accept that one of their equals can be considered superior to them and that they deserve or have a god given right to be treated in this special way. Although it can be frustrating i think its important that we still respect their beliefs in the same way that im sure they would respect ours. If this happens (respecting each others beliefs as oppose to attacking and insulting each other) then this opens the way for dialog and its through this dialog that we are able to help enlighten people as to why we feel this way and maybe.. just maybe.. they will begin to question things themselves and thats all it takes.

Finally... Guys, this is the machine in action... you can see it here on this thread.. Were all slaves, yes we do have more freedoms than some countries but were still slaves.. Think of it as free range slavery. The system is designed so that whenever someone speaks out or decides to express alternative views the other slaves turn against them which is exactly what we see happening here. This is what they want, its the time when we come together and unite that they truly fear.

I dont believe anti royal or ant state views are unpatriotic, these views come about through a love for the people, they campaign for what they believe is a better way of life not just for themselves but also for you, the people of this country and rest assured that when the time comes, when its regarding an issue that effects you directly, the majority of these guys will also stand at your side to help you be heard in the fight for your cause.

Massive love to all of you
edit on 29/4/11 by HumanPLC because: added final paragraph

edit on 29/4/11 by HumanPLC because: added another paragraph

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrixXxtaR

Patriotism is looking after your country, not yourself, so by that definition the royals and the governments are unpatriotic.

What's pathetic is people buying into this sideshow, which is there only to hide the real issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I wish them both well but theres plenty more things money could have been spent on!!!Royals are German may be we (uk) should have more to do with Germans and vice versa.If not then go the way of other nations and have no monarchy and have 1st lady and president.Right im gonna get on my soap box how can a group of people be seen to have so much wealth.And be born into it without it been a company.Ok we can argue if a child is born into a good family and big income(that they have worked for!!!)unlike the royals who have got a all on a plate..Sorry my thinking is work plus intelligence gets you more ie you end up in top job.Or work you end up in decent good job,im in the boat we are all the same.No Royals sorry !!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
The whole thing is its just a bunch of hoo haa no one really cares about, except for the portion of folks in the UK who are brainwashed. The rest of the folks there have good working minds and know tradition and pomps do nothing to put warm meals on the average families table. What will it do for the UK citizens working their butts off and barely making a living?

You are wrong... I read not so long ago here on ATS how everyone is fear mongering but this was the only good thing coming out... I wanted to say something but ATS rulers would have deleted my post so I didn't do anything.

F'ing stupid people look forward to a monarch marriage, how about every other marriage? Insignificant? Right.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
To the OP, if you don't want to embrace patriotism you know where heathrow airport is, use it.

link   

That money could pay for nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, house the homeless and many more things besides.

Thousands of ordinary people could make a life for themselves, out of poverty with what is being spent on this massive charade.

What? how is giving people money going to make them make better lives for themselves? "take this money oh but by the way we aren't going to sort the root of the problem so make sure you make that last"

link   
OH SHUT UP & DON'T WATCH IT THEN YOU TREE HUGGING HIPPIE GO SAVE THE #ING WORLD AND TURN THE TV OFF

OR MAYBE START ANOTHER OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE THREAD?

link   
reply to post by budski

What an embittered, twisted little OP.

I'm glad people like you represent such a tiny ... miniscule ... percentage of the British population.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well I am enjoying watching the whole thing.

The pagentry is stunning, can't be done anywhere else.

The couple look fabulous and seem very happy and in touch with common people. She is a commoner after all.

Lovely day

one of the best things for me though is Tony Blair got snubbed .... excellent .... his wife must be giving him some stick. Him and that awful Sarah Ferguson must be lying drunk somewhere trying to pretend they didn't want go anyway.
edit on 29-4-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I loved it, she looks stunning, and i dont give a crap what any of you think, the world is not my problem, its about time we stayed out of everyones business
and i love my country!!!!

Say what you like, i really really dont care what you think, you wont ever change mine, nor thousands of others oppinions

edit on 29-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Except I don't - I represent a large and growing proportion who couldn't give a stuff about this charade which is costing the economy BILLIONS in people not working, plus the hundreds of millions for security.

All so a bunch of greek/germans can have a jolly up.

Like the title says - you can stick this charade where the sun don't shine.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

If you have such a big problem with our monarchy why do you live here?
If you have such a big problem with what your tax money is spent on why do you pay it?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Before I read the thread (which I will do thoroughly), I have to note that what I find most interesting about the wedding is that the sun did shine.

70% chance of rain predicted, and clouds gathered. Then just, literally just the very moment whatshername began the bride walk, the sun broke through. And it did not rain.

Meaningful, meaningless? I don't know. I know for some reason I wasn't very surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join