It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
they make out they are nice and friendly but underneath they are vile manipulators.

This pretty much sums this thread up

Theres normal people who are awake and people who hide behind there computers from the world making things up & believe people making money of YOU making them up LOL, being unsociable will do this to you're mental state folks and its sad to see tbh

What happens to Tom Hanks in that Movie Cast Away? yep he goes mad to

This is logic guys get out more, be sociable

The Royals have no power over you anymore you can no leave the house with out being eaten or manipulated, Jeeeeeeezz

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

Originally posted by juleol

And what about the MASSIVE income that is being generated by increased tourism for this event? Or that public spending will increase therefore boosting our economy? Oh and the fact that there will be something nice to look at and think about for ONE day out of all the other days that we are bombarded with misery?
Relax, take a day off of the doom and embrace it. It is only one day.

Why is everyone getting so stressed about this?!

I am sure that "massive" income pays for the billions you throw at the royal family every year??
I am also sure that for those billions you could both spend alot more on things like education, welfare and at the same time build other facilities that is even better at attracting tourists.

They cost us 66p each per year. Yep how outrageous.
I'd be more concerned with how much our governments are throwing at wars and arming Libya etc, with no return, than the 66p per year to the Royals who actually bring income via tourists etc. Maybe that's just me?

Nobody has answered yet. Provide proof that the Royals themselves bring anything in the way of tourism. With or without the royal family, tourism would remain. They'd like to think they're the reason people are visiting Britain, but there's no evidence for it.

66p a person, that's 40 million, and it's an EXTREMELY conservative number. It's easily hundreds of millions a year in reality.

link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

But they embraced the ' Idea' by know. (World Domination) Or else you can not get this far within the Royal family.

Well then you have to ask yourself a question and then answer it with honesty.

IF he becomes a 'world King' or 'world dominant leader' - who's fault is it - His? Or ours?

Think about it.

Far too easy to blame him, one young man born into a family and raised to believe what he is doing is right - than turn the mirror on ourselves and ask us how in the HELL we let it happen!

peace

link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
they make out they are nice and friendly but underneath they are vile manipulators.

This pretty much sums this thread up

Theres normal people who are awake and people who hide behind there computers from the world making things up & believe people making money of YOU making them up LOL, being unsociable will do this to you're mental state folks and its sad to see tbh

What happens to Tom Hanks in that Movie Cast Away? yep he goes mad to

This is logic guys get out more, be sociable

The Royals have no power over you anymore you can no leave the house with out being eaten or manipulated, Jeeeeeeezz

"BRITWARRIOR"...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior

And what about the MASSIVE income that is being generated by increased tourism for this event? Or that public spending will increase therefore boosting our economy? Oh and the fact that there will be something nice to look at and think about for ONE day out of all the other days that we are bombarded with misery?
Relax, take a day off of the doom and embrace it. It is only one day.

Why is everyone getting so stressed about this?!

What good is this MASSIVE income you talk about if it is (and it will be) wasted by the government. Not forgetting that the public spending you talk about means that not only are we the british public paying for the wedding and everything that goes along with it in the first place but you now want us to waste even more of the money we don't have buying stupid royal wedding tat. As for something nice to look at for one day - please - take a look around you, the earth is far more beautiful EVERY DAY than any prince or princess, always has been always will be.
Finally as to why everyone is getting stressed by this stupid, unimportant wedding - simple - there are alot more important things going on in the world or have you not read the other posts in this thread???

See now you even said it yourself "What good is this MASSIVE income you talk about if it is (and it will be) wasted by the government"........ the GOVERNMENT, not the Royals. As I said to another poster, I'd be more concerned about the money the ConDems are wasting EVERY DAY.

The earth is beautiful yes. The people are not. That is the problem. That is why it is nice to see humans being pleasant and friendly for a change.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by ironsjack
I don't even know what the OP is trying to get at, apart from trying to flame a pointless point of view that noone gives a crap about or agrees with. They have all served to country and William serves in the RAF and Harry is a captain in the Household Cavalry. What have you offered? sat on your computer mouthing off?

And harry put his fellow soldiers at risk, so he could go and blast off a few rounds, 50 miles behind the front line.

The type of selfish act expected from these spoiled aritocrats who think the world owes them what they have stolen from the people over the last 1,200 years.

What a load of bull, so why aren't you serving?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Do a bit of research and you'll find 50,000 tourists visit the palace each year, not including the ones that stand outside to take pictures etc.

I'm no royalist but it annoys me when people complain about people that have no power and are a part of british heritage, something to be proud of.

I bet if you went abroad and asked foreigners what names come to their head when you say "england" they would say:

1. The Queen
2. Buckingham palace
3. Manchester united.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsjack

Nah.....i think of chips,bad teeth and big brother and people who invaded other nations because they supposedly weren't "civilized" yet.(like they weren't living in a civilized fashion before they got there and inflicted their will on people??)
The royal family might be something you guys think of but some people really don't give a hoot.

edit on 29-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

lol bad teeth? i certainly hope you're not american and saying that sir cos on my last visit there i lost count of the number of people with disgusting teeth i saw, but thats another story..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Read my location brother.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good grief!

I can't turn on the news channel now - probably for a week or so.

I run the risk of needing a new TV if I do - I have this strange reflex, when I see a leach, I throw something at it

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't even know what the OP is trying to get at, apart from trying to flame a pointless point of view that noone gives a crap about or agrees with. They have all served to country and William serves in the RAF and Harry is a captain in the Household Cavalry. What have you offered? sat on your computer mouthing off?

And harry put his fellow soldiers at risk, so he could go and blast off a few rounds, 50 miles behind the front line.

The type of selfish act expected from these spoiled aritocrats who think the world owes them what they have stolen from the people over the last 1,200 years.

What a load of bull, so why aren't you serving?

Can i just say on this point

You talk as if the soldiers are scared, oh harrys in camp firing of the 50s like Rambo

Its not like the boys will go "OH NO NOW THE TALIBAN ARE GOING TO ATTACK"

LOL not at all, i bet all on base at that point was rather looking forward to a decent fight, they love it, i know it sounds wrong but the boys love to swing there d**ks like that, its also a PR Broadcast to the Taliban to come and get some so to speak, heres the bait come out of hiding, so fair play to harry to being on the hook, the taliban hardly ever fight toe to toe anymore because they get annihilated and suffer heavy casualties.

But generally a soldiers first instinct is to laugh and duck down while coming under attack not cry all curled up in a ball, they have trained for it for in some cases years before getting a tour and generally can't wait to get out there, it when they come back most think f**k this im out, its very demanding, most feel ok i have done my part for my country,

Yeah its really not like that at all, it was most likely abit of baiting the enemy rather than a PR for harry to look like good, he didn't even tho how to fire the thing,

Anyway we are well OT now just thought id throw that in here tho
edit on 29-4-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The first thing that happens usually, when a person comes under artillery fire or into close contact for the first time is that certain bodily functions become involuntary.
There's no shame in it, it happens to many no matter how much training they have.

BUT the point is that the ginger one needlessly put lives at risk to feed his own ego - if it had become known to the taliban that he was out there playing soldiers, they would have massed and attacked, and many soldiers would have paid the price for his ego-trip.

He's a selfish little turd in other words, and thought of nothing else (even after he had been told) except himself and wanting a bit of adventure.

Well, if he wants adventure, leave the bodyguards at home and go into Iraq as a personal protection operative - see how long the ginger fool lasts.
My guess would be not long.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Read my location brother.

Well thats even worst, LOL

You're a Canadian and you are flat out hating on our culture that does not in any way effect you and you're pockets ?

No offence i still love you colonials all the same, Long live the Hudson's Bay Company

Oh right you had to watch it on TV ehh i'm sure some Canadians was still interested in it, but again we didn't ask for it to be broadcast on your TV let alone our own, but hey someone will always moan i guess we are all human after all, even if it was Elvis back from the dead playing one last show with MJ people would be like WHAT? YOU CAN'T CHEAT DEATH!!! GTF

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I read through a bit of this thread and man....

How does the wedding of a Prince to his fiancé, turn into an argument about Germans, greeks and who is more British than who and so on....??

WTF?

Who cares.

I don't like the royals to be honest but I thought the ceremony today was really nice, I thought they looked really happy together and It's great to see two young people in love, get married.

People got a day off..... people had parties and got drunk

All in all a good day I say.

Obviously people can say that "Why should it take a Royal wedding to bring communities and people togther" but to be fair, this is more a statement about our society and community spirit, not the Royal Family.

F*** it man.... As I said, I don't like the royals but I think today was just an excuse for people to have fun and mingle and get drunk and wear insanely patriotic garb.... The wedding was a bonus I guess.

And 2 Billion people around the world watched it and enjoyed it.... what's wrong with that?

Took people's mind of killings and bombings and doom and gloom.

It really was quite a spectacle.

I also think people should have been allowed to protest and think the arrests of the guillotine people and others was ridiculous.... but I don't blame Wills and Kate for that, that's the police for you.

edit on 29/4/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The first thing that happens usually, when a person comes under artillery fire or into close contact for the first time is that certain bodily functions become involuntary.
There's no shame in it, it happens to many no matter how much training they have.

BUT the point is that the ginger one needlessly put lives at risk to feed his own ego - if it had become known to the taliban that he was out there playing soldiers, they would have massed and attacked, and many soldiers would have paid the price for his ego-trip.

He's a selfish little turd in other words, and thought of nothing else (even after he had been told) except himself and wanting a bit of adventure.

Well, if he wants adventure, leave the bodyguards at home and go into Iraq as a personal protection operative - see how long the ginger fool lasts.
My guess would be not long.

Well i'll be honest with you if you're talking artillery then yes if you are still laughing after that then there is something very wrong with you indeed

I was on about small arms fire, and from my own personal experiences we never come under any heavy fire from the taliban only from the yanks fast air cover, i think that was about the closest blast we had all tour LOL

How ever this...

they would have massed and attacked, and many soldiers would have paid the price for his ego-trip.

First it was know to the Taliban,

Secondly... True but nowhere near the numbers sustained by the enemy, they would look at this as a good deal unfortunately "the commanders", I do not believe is the case at all with harry going on a power trip with people holding him back "let me have them" LOL no certainly not, they would have wanted exactly that to happen because they are pretty dam good at hiding, this would have been mass suicide for them with out a doubt (taliban), They would have been all over them like a tramp on chips trust me, it would have been a very stupid thing to do and is exactly why they never fell for it... because they are not stupid either
edit on 29-4-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

...the point is that the ginger one needlessly put lives at risk to feed his own ego

I think you'll find that was the media. Had they not found out, no-one woud have ever have known, at least until after the event, that Harry had even been in Afghanistan.

They don't care about Britain, about our soldiers, about anyone. Just stories which sell copy which make money

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's the point, I don't hate them at all - I do however find this massive amount of money being spent to be absolutely repulsive.

6 billion pounds, and probably more.

I'm not sure off hand what the security costs - which I understand were paid for by us - were. But I woudn't make up a figure just to try and make a silly point

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Due to the slow-down in this country many, particularly self-employed people like my sons need every working day they can get. They are running, just to keep still, enforced days off are thing they can do without.

I'm self employed. I chose not to work (though I still didn't watch the wedding)

The advantage of being self employed though is that you can work whenever you want. Like Christmas Day. You never have an enforced day off.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

That's the point, I don't hate them at all - I do however find this massive amount of money being spent to be absolutely repulsive.

6 billion pounds, and probably more.

I'm not sure off hand what the security costs - which I understand were paid for by us - were. But I woudn't make up a figure just to try and make a silly point

Silly point?

Is 6 billion quid (the figure quoted on many US news channels) a silly point?

I have made nothing up - that's the quoted figure from a reputable source, including Bloomberg.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join