It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And apologies Hunka, because you seem like a decent guy and i've had a few more than a few too many today, and alot of what you've said in the last 2 pages I'd usually preach myself in a different situation. But I can't abide by monarch supporters knowing what they're responsible for

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by LostMyPassword

Actually, I don't follow any religion or believe in any God other than myself...

Check my avatar.. I'm an Autothiest.. which makes me responsible for everything in my life...

It doesn't matter if you know it, your whole outlook is Buddhism to the absolute core. Have a look at it and you'll see

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JayUKInfidel

They may very well be in the services, but that indicates nothing other than the usual royal PR

Fact is that they pay a lot less in taxes than they should, because like all corporations, they use loopholes put in place for them to ensure they pay less than they should.

You talk about respecting them, and yet they have never done anything to earn respect, and in fact killed one of their own to stop her marrying a muslim.

You spout lots but it's completely without substance, then when someone has a different opinion, you cry about things being twisted.

Here's the news fella, facts can't be twsited, a fact is a fact by its definition.

And the FACT is that you have contributed nothing except conjecture.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Been there and done that...i was on my own at 15.
Maybe we got out of it but its not that easy for others so i am not about to judge them because i got out and feel superior about my success.
The poor need compassion....not an attitude that its their fault for not having the right mindset.
People behave based on their experiences and not everyones experiences are the same which is why we shouldn't judge them by their mindset.
Maybe you or i didn't need therapy to get where we are but some might in order to get a winning attitude.
Never judge unless you walk in their shoes....life is too complex for that.

I've walked in many shoes... the poor need compassion yes... but hating on the wealthy is not compassion for the poor...

When I hated on the wealthy, my situation never changed... when I let others have their own lots (in my mind) then it was easier to have my own...

The only reason why it's hard for folks is because of their beliefs... change that and you change pretty much everything bout your life... I can't do anything about what others cling to as far as beliefs... I can only live my life in a way that others see, admire, and seek to understand...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

Actually, I don't follow any religion or believe in any God other than myself...

Check my avatar.. I'm an Autothiest.. which makes me responsible for everything in my life...

It doesn't matter if you know it, your whole outlook is Buddhism to the absolute core. Have a look at it and you'll see

if you study the Cherokee you'd say the same thing about them...

I think it's just a way of looking at things that many humans end up adopting independently of any external knowledge...

Though I'll kill and eat an animal with no problems... buddhists seem to have this thing called guilt... I removed that a while back ;-)
edit on 29-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Maybe we got out of it but its not that easy for others so i am not about to judge them because i got out and feel superior about my success.
The poor need compassion....not an attitude that its their fault for not having the right mindset.
People behave based on their experiences and not everyones experiences are the same which is why we shouldn't judge them by their mindset.
Maybe you or i didn't need therapy to get where we are but some might in order to get a winning attitude.

I've walked in many shoes... the poor need compassion yes... but hating on the wealthy is not compassion for the poor...

When I hated on the wealthy, my situation never changed... when I let others have their own lots (in my mind) then it was easier to have my own...

The only reason why it's hard for folks is because of their beliefs... change that and you change pretty much everything bout your life... I can't do anything about what others cling to as far as beliefs... I can only live my life in a way that others see, admire, and seek to understand...

The Monarch and most wealthy have wealth at the expense of others though. That's the main thing you're missing. We might not see it on our doorstep, but it's there.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The Monarch and most wealthy have wealth at the expense of others though. That's the main thing you're missing. We might not see it on our doorstep, but it's there.

Wealth is illusory... it's not something that tangible that it can be stolen from someone...

yes, money can be taken, land can be taken, even family can be killed... but wealth is something that exists inside...

I could care less how much people steal from me or others... because that's not where wealth or happiness comes from... at least not for me

Once you stop looking for things to be upset about... or just stop being upset, you'll find a whole world of wealth opens up and fills that area that you once used for hate

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

if you study the Cherokee you'd say the same thing about them...

I think it's just a way of looking at things that many humans end up adopting independently of any external knowledge...

Though I'll kill and eat an animal with no problems... buddhists seem to have this thing called guilt... I removed that a while back ;-)

Actually I'm a vegetarian and you'd be surprised. Most Buddhists eat what they're offered.

Infact I read a funny story about the Dalia Lama, he ate meat for most his Buddhist life and was completely oblivious to the idea of not eating meat for any sort of ethical reasons. It perplexed him somewhat according to reports I've read. And that's not too uncommon.

Most people just assume Buddhists don't eat meat, but many do. Strange I know

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The fact is your onto a loser and deep down you know it stop using half truth's and twisting facts the two prince's where always destined for the force's because it is a family tradition no PR stunt, some people still respect heritage even if you don't!! GSTQ!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Agreed...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUKInfidel
reply to post by budski

The fact is your onto a loser and deep down you know it stop using half truth's and twisting facts the two prince's where always destined for the force's because it is a family tradition no PR stunt, some people still respect heritage even if you don't!! GSTQ!!!!

So they went in the forces?
Big deal.

What have they done while there?
Nothing except the ginger one puts others at risk so he can feed his ego, which was pure PR.

Shall we also give every other serving member a 6 billion quid wedding?
Because most of them deserve it a lot more than baldy does.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Wealth is illusory... it's not something that tangible that it can be stolen from someone...

yes, money can be taken, land can be taken, even family can be killed... but wealth is something that exists inside...

I could care less how much people steal from me or others... because that's not where wealth or happiness comes from... at least not for me

But that fact doesn't justify or excuse it. These are fine beliefs, but they shouldn't be used to justify such crimes, directly or indirectly. There is right and wrong. And making people suffer for your own gains is wrong. I won't be convinced otherwise

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
And what about the MASSIVE income that is being generated by increased tourism for this event? Or that public spending will increase therefore boosting our economy? Oh and the fact that there will be something nice to look at and think about for ONE day out of all the other days that we are bombarded with misery?
Relax, take a day off of the doom and embrace it. It is only one day.

Why is everyone getting so stressed about this?!

What good is this MASSIVE income you talk about if it is (and it will be) wasted by the government. Not forgetting that the public spending you talk about means that not only are we the british public paying for the wedding and everything that goes along with it in the first place but you now want us to waste even more of the money we don't have buying stupid royal wedding tat. As for something nice to look at for one day - please - take a look around you, the earth is far more beautiful EVERY DAY than any prince or princess, always has been always will be.
Finally as to why everyone is getting stressed by this stupid, unimportant wedding - simple - there are alot more important things going on in the world or have you not read the other posts in this thread???

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
other people have disagreed with me in this thread and because it was my opinion they where disagreeing with i never said they where twisting facts but when somebody starts twisting actual facts that's when I point out that they are using twisted logic to perverse facts to suit them!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But that fact doesn't justify or excuse it. These are fine beliefs, but they shouldn't be used to justify such crimes, directly or indirectly. There is right and wrong. And making people suffer for your own gains is wrong. I won't be convinced otherwise

It doesnt justify it... it nullifies it...

You see these are not simply beliefs, they are how I live...

Not to wax pseduo religio-philosophical but that's the meaning behind the whole turn the other cheek thing... it's not about being a pacifist... it's about not suffering from the reflex that comes with a sense of offense....

If you control your mind, then you don't fee that this is an offense... sure you will see the suffering of those who have been stolen from, and sure you will try to salve that... but you will not hate those who caused it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUKInfidel
other people have disagreed with me in this thread and because it was my opinion they where disagreeing with i never said they where twisting facts but when somebody starts twisting actual facts that's when I point out that they are using twisted logic to perverse facts to suit them!!!

Logic can't be twisted because it is logic.

Facts can't be twisted because they are facts, in the same way a fact cannot be perverse - it's a simple fact.

Perhaps you need to look up the definitions of these words.

Now please stop whining, it's getting tiresome.
edit on 29/4/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
S&F....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
logic is what you use to make sense of something and your's is twisted and people like your warp facts making them twisted

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It doesnt justify it... it nullifies it...

You see these are not simply beliefs, they are how I live...

Not to wax pseduo religio-philosophical but that's the meaning behind the whole turn the other cheek thing... it's not about being a pacifist... it's about not suffering from the reflex that comes with a sense of offense....

If you control your mind, then you don't fee that this is an offense... sure you will see the suffering of those who have been stolen from, and sure you will try to salve that... but you will not hate those who caused it.

Well, well done, because you're a better person than me. It's all very amicable but I haven't yet hit that stage of personal growth where I can drop the need for maybe what would be called revenge, or wanting to hurt those who've hurt others, or myself.

For now I'm a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Understood... I'd say that when it happens, you won't lose this sense of offense or revenge because it's a shiny way to be... no it's much darker than that.. you will find that that at some point you have to make a decision... "Do I hate them more than I love myself?"

At which point, it will just happen out of necessity... either that or you snap ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join