It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
And what about the MASSIVE income that is being generated by increased tourism for this event? Or that public spending will increase therefore boosting our economy? Oh and the fact that there will be something nice to look at and think about for ONE day out of all the other days that we are bombarded with misery?
Relax, take a day off of the doom and embrace it. It is only one day.

Why is everyone getting so stressed about this?!

I am sure that "massive" income pays for the billions you throw at the royal family every year??
I am also sure that for those billions you could both spend alot more on things like education, welfare and at the same time build other facilities that is even better at attracting tourists.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JayUKInfidel

I asked you first.

Yes,I read the whole thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by budski

Ok so your against Germans, homosexuals, people in power and people on benefits.

I think he is one of those against everyone and everything...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by budski

Ok so we bin the Royals......what then?

What will you do with the 66p you save every year?

Who said anything about binning them?

Use the money they are paid for something else.

They can stay where they want, but Buck palace, and all the other mansions and palaces belong to the people, not to them, as does the land they stole.

See how long they keep up their duties when they are no longer paid, despite the incredible wealth they have leached off this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

so why call me on the facts that I and other's had already presented and then someone else twisted the fact to make it sound perverse and something it wasn't
edit on 29-4-2011 by JayUKInfidel because: added

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

No, being british, I wouldn't understand.

They have protected nothing, they have simply taken without doing a days proper work in their lives.

So, you think the house of windsor, nee hannover protected our country do you?

Just how did they manage that from germany?

Really LOL

They work alot harder than most British citizens actually sponging of the dole, most are in the armed forces being a ex infantry soldier my self i can tell you its hard work even more so for the top brasses,

Stop trying to smother them in this fantasy of yours where they just sit on there back side and have this lavish lifestyle maybe the Queen shes abit old now ehhh.

Germany?

Well considering i'm half German this doesn't affect my views in any way

So lets just sum you up you hateful spiteful excuse of a human being shall we...

You hate British & there culture

You hate the Royal family

You hate rich people

You hate gays

You hate Germans

Is there anything else you want to vent today?

Next you will be sympathetic toward Gaddafi

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

Ok so your against Germans, homosexuals, people in power and people on benefits.

Against germans?
No, just these particular germans.

Against homosexuals?
I said nothing of the sort.

People in power?
Not if they use their power for good, and not just to line their pockets.

People on benefits?
Again, I said no such thing - I am on benefits myself, after working hard for 20 years and never taking a penny from the state.

You DO know it's against the T&C to knowingly post lies?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

They have protected nothing, they have simply taken without doing a days proper work in their lives.

Really LOL

They work alot harder than most British citizens actually sponging of the dole, most are in the armed forces being a ex infantry soldier my self i can tell you its hard work even more so for the top brasses,

Stop trying to smother them in this fantasy of yours where they just sit on there back side and have this lavish lifestyle maybe the Queen shes abit old now ehhh.

Germany?

So lets just sum you up you hateful spiteful excuse of a human being shall we...

You hate rich people

You hate gays

You hate Germans

really?

More lies???

Is that the best you can do?

I hate nothing and nobody - you are the self confessed hate in this thread, not I.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Sadly Budski,that is the best they can do.
Personal attacks and putting words in your mouth is the defence of the day.
Sad.

The Gaddafi part is REALLY grabbing for straws.

link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by budski

Ok so we bin the Royals......what then?

What will you do with the 66p you save every year?

Who said anything about binning them?

Use the money they are paid for something else.

They can stay where they want, but Buck palace, and all the other mansions and palaces belong to the people, not to them, as does the land they stole.

See how long they keep up their duties when they are no longer paid, despite the incredible wealth they have leached off this country.

The money they are paid amounts to 66p per year, per tax paying British person..........amounting to a total of around £37m.

In exchange for this the Queen surrenders the revenue from the crown estate, in the year ending March 2009 this amounted to £211m....plus since 1992 the Queen has paid income tax the same as any other tax payer.

looks like we get quite a good deal really.

source

link   
reply to post by budski

You need to be more careful about how you post because all those things have been put across.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Oh please, not that old bunk again.

Most of the money they earn comes from their land, and tenant farmers, who are charged well above the going rate, not to mention the estates they own, the charges they make for various hunts (it costs a fortune to hunt on the queens land, but people pay for the prestige) and the tours of stately homes.

The royals pay far less in tax than they should - like corporations really.

This is the true cost of royalty - not your silly 66p

They didn't earn or buy that land, they stole it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

At a time when the world is in turmoil, when we have people starving not only in Africa, but on the streets of our own country, at a time when we are debt ridden, and taxing our poor to pay for the excesses of the rich, when we are involved in what could soon be another world war, what do our "rulers" do?

They ain't rulers man... times have changed

Yep, they throw a wedding and expect us all to have street parties.

You obviously don't know much about the history of humankind...

Check the hebrews once they ended up in the desert... partying etc...

They expect us to forget about our own poverty whilst they waste yet more millions, if not billions.

They don't expect anything... and you can't waste money... when it spends, it goes into the system...

As for poverty, speak for yourself...

That money could pay for nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, house the homeless and many more things besides.

And it probably will.. folks who received that money will need assistance and spend money on the things you just mentioned, keeping those folks in employment... this is how the world goes round my friend... Also taxes will be paid out of this money as well... feeding those in shelters etc

Thousands of ordinary people could make a life for themselves, out of poverty with what is being spent on this massive charade.

Well then they wouldn't be making it for themselves would they?

LOL...

Most people don't give a crap - and yet they still think that this is a way to bring a country together.

It's a way to bring two people together.. that's for sure...

But after looking at all the revelers.. looks like LOTS of people are ENJOYING this... would you begrudge them their joy?

RUBBISH - it has nothing to do with brnging us together, and everything to do with re-affirming power.

Again... what power? What power do the Monarchy really have?

That's right, let us know that we are lowly serfs, while you throw away more in one course of the banquet than most people earn in 10 years.

Now you just sound like a hater...

It's an anachronism, obselete, archaic, antiquated, outmoded, obsolescent, passé form of stupidity.

Yep... a hater. What you are calling outmoded... some call "tradition"

It's stupid, because they think this will detract from the FACT that people are losing their homes, businesses, familes and livelihoods.

Most things in life are stupid... matter of fact, I can't think of much that isn't...

But I don't think "THEY" believe this will distract... THEY believe they are getting married... remember the public were never before exposed to this stuff but the PUBLIC CLAMORED for this back with Chuck and Di... The Royals didn't want this level of exposure before....

You seem to not understand history

And yet still they think that one single holiday, and a few banners will appease the people, and make them forget the plight that they have put us in.

No... its just a feast day, like Europeans are used to... it's in all of our traditions to have these feast days for one reason or another, we've been doing it since the days of the Eleusinian Mysteries

Well, I for one, and ALL of my friends, couldn't give a crap about a wedding that is costing billions.

You cared enough to write this diatribe... so you do give a crap it looks like... if you didn't you wouldn't have written this.

We don't want superficial jingoism, we want you our government, to do what we pay you to do - not put on distractions.

Whoa... what you pay them to do? The only purpose of a government is to maintain an area in which commerce can occur without fear of bandits on the road... that and fight foreign enemies... something the Royal family has been doing for generations, but now are relieved of...... what else do you want?

I'm so glad not to be you... you seem like a very unhappy sad little man
edit on 29-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

You need to be more careful about how you post because all those things have been put across.

Or perhaps you should read more carefully, and not lie about what people posts - not once have I said I hate anyone or anything.

You just made it up, and now you're trying to backtrack.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Really LOL

Germany?

You hate rich people

You hate gays

You hate Germans

really?

More lies???

Is that the best you can do?

I hate nothing and nobody - you are the self confessed hate in this thread, not I.

It rarely i read a reply and think WTF is he/she on about

More lies? all anyone has to do is read back over you're comments Mr, where am i lying exactly?

I think you have confused yourself, please go back over the last few pages where you have consistently posted hate toward all tho named above.. then maybe we can push forward and make you see you are totally full of hate, then maybe you can be honest with your self and others

Oh and please state where i am

the self confessed hate in this thread,

Read my post again, nothing but love coming from me buddy, even towards you on occasion... lighten up and enjoy it, forget about the Royals "superiors" getting married, i'm not asking you to love them either, its clear they have in some way got you're back up, the British over the years have done wrong of course, and so have the royals, i'm just asking you to live in the now & here, hate wont unite us and that what has been done cannot be undone its in the past, lets all move forward together shall we?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

Oh please, not that old bunk again.

Most of the money they earn comes from their land, and tenant farmers, who are charged well above the going rate, not to mention the estates they own, the charges they make for various hunts (it costs a fortune to hunt on the queens land, but people pay for the prestige) and the tours of stately homes.

The royals pay far less in tax than they should - like corporations really.

This is the true cost of royalty - not your silly 66p

They didn't earn or buy that land, they stole it.

now your twisting the fact that real'y after tax we are up on the deal

link   
reply to post by budski

I can make a list of quotes if you want? depending on if you have edited them out or not.

link   

I have never stated that I hate anyone or anything.

I have stated that this charade is a big fat expensive waste of money.

So, yeah, you lied.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

I can make a list of quotes if you want? depending on if you have edited them out or not.

OK, make a list of posts where I have stated that I hate something or somebody - you can't because I have never stated any such thing.

You have interpreted it that way, which is your problem, not mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join