It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Argyll

Oh please, not that old bunk again.

Most of the money they earn comes from their land, and tenant farmers, who are charged well above the going rate, not to mention the estates they own, the charges they make for various hunts (it costs a fortune to hunt on the queens land, but people pay for the prestige) and the tours of stately homes.

The royals pay far less in tax than they should - like corporations really.

This is the true cost of royalty - not your silly 66p

They didn't earn or buy that land, they stole it.

lol.....it's not bunk mate.....it's facts!, and you know it! it just doesn't fit well with your rant.

Yes they make money from land etc. (how do you know they charge above the going rate?).......and they pay tax on it!................just like corporations as you said.

and the 66p isn't silly, that is what they are paid by tax payers!.........you might not like or believe it, but it's true.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUKInfidel

reply to post by Argyll

Most of the money they earn comes from their land, and tenant farmers, who are charged well above the going rate, not to mention the estates they own, the charges they make for various hunts (it costs a fortune to hunt on the queens land, but people pay for the prestige) and the tours of stately homes.

now your twisting the fact that real'y after tax we are up on the deal

What twisting of facts would those be?

The only twisting of facts is being done by you and your ilk.

So far in this thread you lot have accused me of not being british (as if that matters anyway) of not being patriotic, of hating varioous groups and other things, all without a single shred of evidence.

You've been blown out at every turn, and your only response is a series of one liners (also against the T&C ) stating that because I don't agree with you I am somehow twisting things.

You sir have the debating skills worthy of a royal who had his degree bought for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

What like Americans stole from the native Americans........or Australians stole from the Aborigines?

When was it stolen?

How far back in history do you want to take your argument?

link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by Lynda101
Anyone see Bloomberg this morning? You should have done bcause they had worked out what this wedding has cost the UK taking in the trinket sales and taking into account the loss of earnings.

Sitting down all, they totalled it to £6 billion. OK all six billion pounds out. for one royal wedding.

It was well worth it!

Never seen so many people walking round with smiles on there faces or a generally all round up lift in spirits

We give 5x that amount every year to the world in AID can we have some back for our own happiness please,

Id rather that money went to love & happiness than war

But the existence of the royal family has done nothing to promote love and happiness, in fact it's quite the opposite. Smiles of the faces of the middle class of England for but a day is nothing.

So stop talking nonsense.

link   
budski

Well put my ATS comrade in arms. Royal weddings are royal rubbish like everything else to do with any so called "royal family".

Kick 'em out of their fancy castles and palaces let the homeless move in.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

If you do the maths, after tax she would pay more than she gets but yet you still twist that to make them sound evil and peverse. through out this thread you have just made false claims with no proof and yet i'm the one failing.... don't make me laugh
edit on 29-4-2011 by JayUKInfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
budski

Well put my ATS comrade in arms. Royal weddings are royal rubbish like everything else to do with any so called "royal family".

Kick 'em out of their fancy castles and palaces let the homeless move in.

Comrade? I knew there was some anti-capitalist sentiment behind this!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

reply to post by Argyll

lol.....it's not bunk mate.....it's facts!, and you know it! it just doesn't fit well with your rant.

Yes they make money from land etc. (how do you know they charge above the going rate?).......and they pay tax on it!................just like corporations as you said.

and the 66p isn't silly, that is what they are paid by tax payers!.........you might not like or believe it, but it's true.

Yes, it IS bunk, because they stole that land.

They pay far less in tax than they should, and I know farmers who rent land off the duchy.

Speaking of the duchy, yet another royal con, marketing products with the princes name (and with his full knowledge) claiming to be organic, and from renewable, sustainable sources, when they are in fact, the complete opposite, apart from one small show farm.

So, yeah the 66p thing is a strawman, because it in no way reflects the true amount they rake in every year.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Now, now......I'm not a sick, sick human being at all.

What are you so bitter about?.......take a deep breath before replying mind.
edit on 29/4/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2011 by dbates because: Removed quote

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

Extremely bitter. Why wouldn't I be? What you just said is no different than some super-tard trying to discredit others by calling them 'haters'. You're damn right I'm bitter. Anyone with the ability to THINK is bitter. Those that aren't are scum. It is really THAT simple. You sick, sick human being.

Why have you replied to me but quoted someone else?

Trying to throw some more lies in are we?

Correct your post please, or I shall have to send an alert.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by Lynda101
Anyone see Bloomberg this morning? You should have done bcause they had worked out what this wedding has cost the UK taking in the trinket sales and taking into account the loss of earnings.

Sitting down all, they totalled it to £6 billion. OK all six billion pounds out. for one royal wedding.

It was well worth it!

Never seen so many people walking round with smiles on there faces or a generally all round up lift in spirits

We give 5x that amount every year to the world in AID can we have some back for our own happiness please,

Id rather that money went to love & happiness than war

We'll be lucky if that lift in spirits lasts till the end of the day.

You seem to forget our governments contribution to Libya, its contribution to their war, no doubt under the AID budget? - People dying over there with weapons from us and the French while we celebrate in front of the world at a wedding. What on earth message do you think that gives?. Have you heard Cameron ever bother to explain what the hell he's spending or doing in Afganistan?

So you are happy with £6 Billion spent on one wedding its put a smile on your face. That's an expensive smile even for Hollywood let alone little Briton.

I still have a smile on my face because I managed a walk on the beach before the weather turned cooler My smile cost zilch and I will feel good for the exercise and sun..

I'm angry because England is facing huge financial cuts to public services that many like me have spent my working life contributing to.and the government has wasted and not invested enough of tax payers money to improve our public services. It expects us to face huge cuts yet it has money for royalty's pleasure. Why didn't they pay for their own wedding?

We all need to wake up to what our government is up to. Vodaphone recently was let off UK taxes and allowed to pay its tax bill though Belgium saving it millions. How many other companies are being let off their UK tax bill which means the public services will have to be cut to pay for what is collusion against the tax payer of this country. It prosecutes the ordinary public for tax evasion and send them to prison, yet Vodaphone its utterly unbelievable.

Weigh up that £6billion against:

Every household paying out £750 more each year due to the cuts.
Libraries, swimming pools, museums will either close or have little or no investment.
Necessary Centres such as Save our Sure for the disabled are being closed.
Grants are drying up.
Contracts are ending.
one third of our charities are shutting down.
A & E and maternity units are being closed down
Thousands more young people will join nearly 1 million unemployed due to a lack of investment in jobs for this country by our government.
Odd things like our CoastGuard Stations. currently we have 18 these will snortly be cut to 3.
Our nurses and others are getting ready to strike. No one will be smiling then.
The latest figures for budget responsibility already shows the cuts are damaging growth and employment which makes our deficit worse. Every 1% lost from growth is worth £15 billion.

I don't think our government had the right to foot the bill for this extravaganza when one considers where £6 billion could have been spent which would have benefitted considerably more than royalty and its buddies.. .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

Extremely bitter. Why wouldn't I be? What you just said is no different than some super-tard trying to discredit others by calling them 'haters'. You're damn right I'm bitter. Anyone with the ability to THINK is bitter. Those that aren't are scum. It is really THAT simple. You sick, sick human being.

You're a sick creature. Your take pleasure in the suffering of others, there's no other way to put it.

Go read a book, it will tell you why me and the majority of the world are bitter.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LostMyPassword

You disgusting, vile, repulsive bloody creature. How bloody dare you support such a disgraceful piss poor excuse for a human. You should be bloody well ashamed of yourself.

Quite the charmer aren't you?

I see you have only been here 9 days........I imaging we wont have to put up with your bile for much longer

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No, how about you tell me why your bitter and why you make such repulsive posts to people?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You disgusting, vile, repulsive bloody creature. How bloody dare you support such a disgraceful piss poor excuse for a human. You should be bloody well ashamed of yourself.

Quite the charmer aren't you?

I see you have only been here 9 days........I imaging we wont have to put up with your bile for much longer

4 years. HD reformat, lost my password, hence the user name.

I'm not trying to charm you though mate. I'm trying to eradicate your ilk from the face of the earth and elevate the majority from the suffering you've forced them to endure. I feel no need to hide the fact I hate you and everything you stand for.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Respond please - you're out of line.

reply to post by budski

Why have you replied to me but quoted someone else?

Trying to throw some more lies in are we?

Correct your post please, or I shall have to send an alert.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No, how about you tell me why your bitter and why you make such repulsive posts to people?

4 billion in poverty, because of the Monarchy and people like you who put your own happyness and well being above the majority. Try starting there.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Get over yourself!

It was a simple mistake.......jeeez!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

heh... yeah I know it's amazing what some people will go to in order to feel horrible...

Me, I'd rather be happy... ;-)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join