It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by budski

Wow Budski,I completely agree with you and am kind of in shock that so many haters jumped on board in this thread.
I can't stand the royal family either and many people I have talked to have no interest in this hoopla either.
Waste of time and a waste of money and candy for the masses.

its because you are not british... would you defend canada if people were being negative and bitter? i think so..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Ditto mate....every week is party time, but seems like everyone's on the lash today!

link   

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

exactly,people need to snap out of this limited belief that nothing can change,IT CAN CHANGE IF EVERYONE WOKE UP TO IT!

Yes it can. The only thing we need to do is,,, keep doing what we are doing.. I bet you have just like me, a fire burning inside 24/7 to break out of this illusion. I am very positive about an good outcome in the end.

link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

No

usually after watching LFC - now there's a tradition to be proud of

That's the saddest part of it all, football a tradition to be proud of

Then do it tribe go and live your life how you want, don't just talk about some big change in the world because it aint going to happen, pick yourself up and go leave the rat race.
edit on 29-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

reply to post by budski

Wow Budski,I completely agree with you and am kind of in shock that so many haters jumped on board in this thread.
I can't stand the royal family either and many people I have talked to have no interest in this hoopla either.

its because you are not british... would you defend canada if people were being negative and bitter? i think so..

Which shows a complete lack of understanding of the commonwealth - the queen is head of that you know, so our canadian couusins have every right to speak their minds on this.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I would defend Canada if the accusations or statements made were false generalizations that needed to be clarified for truth.
But,thats not what the thread is about.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by Misterlondon

reply to post by budski

Which shows a complete lack of understanding of the commonwealth - the queen is head of that you know, so our canadian couusins have every right to speak their minds on this.

i can assure you have a good knowledge of the world... most canadians, aussies etc dont want the queen as their head of state..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Budski, your fighting a losing battle.

It's a wedding. Nothing more. Nothing less. Drop it.

---

To those moaning about starving children. They would still be starving regardless of this wedding happening. Stop bringing up such invalid arguments.

Get over it. Seriously, you’re all pathetic and sound like jealous children.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Freeborn

I do that every weekend anyway

The thing is, even though they are an irrelevance, we still have to pay for them.

LOL.....I was just about to bring this up, but you beat me to it.

You watch LFC?......I watch MCFC.......you do know how much these players are getting paid don't you?.......we have 2 players earning £1m per month each.....and they are an Argentinian and an Ivorian.

Yet you complain that the British Monarchy, and this wedding are not worth the money!

Should we ban the EPL because of the obscene amounts of money that are involved?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

A short walk from my house and I can see Windsor castle and very nice sight on a sunny day. 80% of people under 30 chose to forget about all the revenue they create for this country through tourism and other things think of all the people that come worldwide just to catch a glimpse of their homes and other things. The army all take a pledge to QUEEN and country. Your poll you speak of show's what's wrong with this country i.e unpatriotic lefty's pissing our heritage away until we have no national identity!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Maybe not, but as head of the commonwealth, and because those countries are part of the commonwealth, they have every right to voice their opinion.

All this "You're not British" crap is just jingoistic bullplop because you lack the debating skills to present a coherent argument.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

why are you defending a royal family who are laughing at you for defending them? while they control you like a herd of sheep? you shouldn't be defending your enemy!
edit on 29-4-2011 by awakenedsoul1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Oh please.

Your not special, you can't be anything you want, your parents lied to you

There you've done it again. You type.: your not special, you can't , my parents lied to you??

This is you projecting your own emotional state. By the looks of it, you think to little of yourself
Nobody should be special, WE ARE ONE, in the end. ( Nor did I state I was special either, nor did my parents lied to me. But this is you projecting your own emotional state on me)

You are what you think,

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by awakenedsoul1111

If you look around this website you come off as a sheep, funny how that word works

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrixXxtaR

Who made you the arbiter of what we can or cannot discuss?

Frankly, I don't care one little bit about your opinion.

I see it's mostly the EDL racist trollers defendinng this rubbish - wassup guys, ring of steel gotcha down?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

how do i come off as a sheep? i don't follow anyone but my self.

link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I do that every weekend anyway

The thing is, even though they are an irrelevance, we still have to pay for them.

LOL.....I was just about to bring this up, but you beat me to it.

You watch LFC?......I watch MCFC.......you do know how much these players are getting paid don't you?.......we have 2 players earning £1m per month each.....and they are an Argentinian and an Ivorian.

Yet you complain that the British Monarchy, and this wedding are not worth the money!

Should we ban the EPL because of the obscene amounts of money that are involved?

good point...

this guy just keeps contradicting himself..

link   

Strange that because almost to a man every single Canadian, Australian and New Zealander I have met, and there's been a few over the years, are quite proud of being in The Commonwealth and having The Queen as their Head Of State.

Judging by the amount of passion The Royal Family generate's in American's I suspect that deep down they would like to be in The Family....I'm sure if they ask very nicely we'd consider it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Im a republican ( ie dont believe in monarchy just in case US folks were wondering) but the comments made by some people on this thread make me ashamed to be so. You are off your goddam heads.

There are millions (billions worldwide) who are enjoying this so who are we to say they shouldn't. Unless our minority view must be obeyed without question Zieg Heil !

As far as money is concerned it is insignificant compared to the amount wasted by Bankers and elite rich corporate types avoiding tax. I suspect we pull in more revenue from tourism and TV rights ! As far as costs of the "event" are concerned these are always false. They always include, for example, the cost of policing (= number of police x pay) !!! hmmm the police are salaried so we pay them anyway. The guys on horses.....we have to feed and exercise them anyway and the riders are from the army who are salaried......The only additional cost is overtime.

The cost to companies is NOT the loss of a days work for the simple reason people will be happier next week and work more efficiently. The exact cost/benefit/loss is IMPOSSIBLE to determine.

One thing is for sure none of this is "PURE EVIL" ........

I hate distortion, exaggeration and rampant hatred as expressed by several here. Get a life!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Check out Rockpuck on the first page - seems he would like them as well

Meh, I don't hate them, or wish them bad, I just think this whole thing is a collossal waste of money at a time when it could be better spent.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join