It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

By making it about public relations.

link   
reply to post by LostMyPassword

Britain is one of the most hated countries in the world, because of the Monarchy. Just wtf are you talking about?

One of the most hated countries in the world because of the Monarchy......really?

Turn your tv on.......see all those journalists from all over the world?.....they are doing that because like it or not.....the world wants to see it, and they love it!

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Vitchilo

Exactly.. so what I am saying (I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion) is that a Monarchy and "Democracy" are hardly different. I'd say a Democracy is worse off because instead of a rich old man sitting on a pouf dictating what he sees best, we have rich old men sitting in ceo board rooms dictating what's best for their bottom line. Our politicians are prostitutes and the corporations their pimps. Our "choice" is limited to what the parties offer us, and the parties offered to us are dictated by the financiers.

That doesn't even go into the fact that the majority of people don't care, are ignorant of politics and economics and prefer an off-hands approach as long as they get their daily luxuries.

We don't have a Democracy. You're comparing Monarchy and Plutocracy, and you're right, they're not very different. But lets not be foolish, what we have is not a Democracy, in anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by budski

I agree,they are token soldiers,not real ones.
They will be coddled and protected....it is PR.
I highly doubt,regardless of what they might say,that they have the intestinal fortitude to lead on the frontlines,after being pampered their whole lives.

Prince William is a search and rescue helicopter pilot.......how are they going to "coddle and protect" him?

what was he searching and rescuing when he landed in the middletons garden?

Any other pilot would have been court martialled for that little stunt, but apparently it's alright for him to do it

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
reply to post by Misterlondon

i live in england , are you saying your pride is based on a family who think they are more important than any other english family?

no but they come as part of the deal with being british..
imo they are a great advertisment for our country as david beckham is for football, that is all they are figureheads for our country..
everyone in the world knows our royal family.... how many others are known worldwide? how many heads of state are? is david cameron.. no?
most of the population of the planet know who the queen is.. and that brings publicity and tourism to our country..

link   

reply to post by LostMyPassword

Britain is one of the most hated countries in the world, because of the Monarchy. Just wtf are you talking about?

One of the most hated countries in the world because of the Monarchy......really?

Turn your tv on.......see all those journalists from all over the world?.....they are doing that because like it or not.....the world wants to see it, and they love it!

LMAO. Right, the world wants to see. More like a bunch of superficial females the world over have nothing better to do in their meaningless life and have been brainwashed by the pro-establishment media.

Look at any poll. Britain is despised the world over. The Monarchy is the main reason for this. No amount of journo scum descending on London will change that.

I guess using your standards the NFL is popular because people watch the Superbowl. Or Javelin is a popular sport because of the Olympics. Please.
edit on 29-4-2011 by LostMyPassword because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by budski

Why? you brought it up as some requirement for being patriotic so I don't see why you shouldn't be called on it. What sacrifice have you made for this country, apart from apparently going against everything you believe in by living here.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Argyll

By making it about public relations.

What's PR got to do with it?

He's the future King of England, if he really were a money grabbing wastrel as budski would have us believe, then surely he would do nothing....yes?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The army take a pledge to his family and in the future it will be to him so I think he is entitled to a certain degree of special treatment he is going to be the future head of our fine country!!

link   
reply to post by aivlas

Why?
Because it's a blatant attempt to derail a thread because you don't like the subject matter.

The royals are an anachronism - it's as simple as that.

link   
You can't even exercise you right to free speech when it comes to the royal wedding -

Charlie Veitch Arrested

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

reply to post by budski

The Monarchy is the symbol of your country. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant. And this wedding is showing your country in a spectacular way..

Who are we as a people if we don't have institutions our nations can be proud of, or at least recognize as being "you". They live rich pampered lives.

So do politicians.

And when you look at the good the Monarchy does for your country, for your image around the World, for charity and so on .. and compare it to what ... what? .. What Tony Blair has done for you? David Cameron? Please...

BS

Just WTF are you talking about?

The royals are one of the biggest tourist attractions the UK has they pay for them selves LOL!

Was you being serious?

YOU HATE THEM/US, JUST SAY IT HOW IT IS YOU COWARD!

Like it or not the British/Royal Navy shaped the modern world you live in today, and thats why people hate the Monarchy & British, this is why you probably also hate US, get over it, its not our fault others was so weak & lazy is it
edit on 29-4-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Essan
Just because you don't want or agree with something doesn't mean it is wrong or bad. Simple fact is that like it or not, this event brings pleasure to hundreds of millions of people.

But then, they're all lowly serfs and shouldn't be allowed pleasure and should be out toiling in the fields instead of drinking beer, eating cakes, and having a good time, eh?

Let the ordinary people enjoy themselves once in a while and stop being such a meanie.

The majority of the world don't give a you know what about the few hundred million elite middle class opressors enjoying themselves with prawn sandwiches and little flags. Unfortunately the rest of the world are suffering in poverty and debt right now.

link   
reply to post by budski

So why did you bring it up? why did you answer with "more than you know" and why are you still talking to me?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

what was he searching and rescuing when he landed in the middletons garden? Any other pilot would have been court martialled for that little stunt, but apparently it's alright for him to do it

Yep....your right......it was a stupid stunt.

But he's the future King of England.......lets call it a perk of the job

I run my own business.......and I get perks too

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUKInfidel
reply to post by budski

The army take a pledge to his family and in the future it will be to him so I think he is entitled to a certain degree of special treatment he is going to be the future head of our fine country!!

He is a human being like the rest of us.

See, you're argument stems from the fact you think they are something special - big news, they're not.

And this type of special treatment does them no favours - perhaps they should be allowed to take anything they want to, and steal from the people who actually DO make this country great, like the citizens.

Oh wait, they already have.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by budski

what was he searching and rescuing when he landed in the middletons garden? Any other pilot would have been court martialled for that little stunt, but apparently it's alright for him to do it

Yep....your right......it was a stupid stunt.

But he's the future King of England.......lets call it a perk of the job

I run my own business.......and I get perks too

Yeah, but it's the government who run the country, not the royals - they just feed off their priveleged position.

It's not a perk, it's exploiting who you are, and that's plain wrong in any language, even german

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

reply to post by budski

The Monarchy is the symbol of your country. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant. And this wedding is showing your country in a spectacular way..

Who are we as a people if we don't have institutions our nations can be proud of, or at least recognize as being "you". They live rich pampered lives.

So do politicians.

And when you look at the good the Monarchy does for your country, for your image around the World, for charity and so on .. and compare it to what ... what? .. What Tony Blair has done for you? David Cameron? Please...

BS

Just WTF are you talking about?

The royals are one of the biggest tourist attractions the UK has they pay for them selves LOL!

Was you being serious?

YOU HATE THEM/US, JUST SAYING IT HOW IT IS YOU COWARD!

Like it or not the British/Royal Navy shaped the modern world you live in, and thats why people hate the Monarchy & British, get over it, its not our fault others was so weak & lazy is it
edit on 29-4-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

No, the Royals are not a tourist attraction. The fancy houses they live in, those are tourist attractions. The lavish jewelery and art they own, these are tourist attractions. So stop engaging in fallacy and try to use a bit of common sense. With or without the Royals tourism would continue. Last I checked people still visit the Great Pyramids. Tourism didn't stop when they did away with the Monarchy, you buffoon.

Like it or not the British Monarchy enslaved and killed millions. Ruined life for the majority.

The modern world is hated globally. Only the middle class scum like yourself enjoy yourself. I'd love to see you and your ilk lined up against a wall.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

A very lucky human being born into the glorious royal family of England, He can't help the fact that he was blessed with this so stop hating on him because you could never borrow a helicopter of our fine army =) Plus you have never answered my earlier statement of stop being selective with the information you are using to present your argument
edit on 29-4-2011 by JayUKInfidel because: edit

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by budski

Why? you brought it up as some requirement for being patriotic so I don't see why you shouldn't be called on it. What sacrifice have you made for this country, apart from apparently going against everything you believe in by living here.

If you are gonna ask what they did for their country at least tell what have you done for yours, since you are the one questioning what hasn't he done provide some examples of what have you done...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join