It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I thought Al Sharpton's speech was briliant. He hit the topics dead on. Anyone agree? He may yell a lot, but somebody needs to these days. It was clear and refreshing.
What do you think?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Sharpton for Prez. You should see him in debates, he's hilarious. Bush vs. Sharpton debate would make it on PPV.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The day a Reverend becomes President is the day I will be moving from this country. I dont want religion influencing his politics, and I know it will. (Of course, I guess you could say it already has, but with a preacher in the midst, it would be his entire character)

PS- BasementAddix...your quite right, Sharpton is racist and a homophobe. If he were to ever win this country would be quite doomed. Although it would be funny to see him debate Bush

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
When Al Sharpton gets a standing ovation at the Democratic convention, you KNOW its time to vote Republican. The man has no credibility left.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yes, Brother Sharpton broke the M. Night Shyamalan rule of the Democratic Village and invoked the name of he who brings the wrath of the outsiders.

Said even softly, they still come.

*Bush*

But it is fun watching the official response keep flipping between their scripted "Extreme Democratic Makeover" charges that the scrubbed clean, shiny happy, positive, non-Bush bashing persona of the DNC is fake in order to add and Sharpton's evil, divisive, tryanical rant proves it.

That Edwards quite effectively and positively accepted the Democratic nomination for Vice President last night, is pre-empted across the board by Shaprton's head explodes (let's roll that footage again), is less telling about modern Democrats in my opinon than modern media.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I dunno, whats her name from Michigan gave quite a rousing speech too. She said
(speaking about Bush)
"We know men don't like to ask for directions, but when they keep driving you into nowhere, you have to reach over and pull them away from the steering wheel"

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Al Sharpton is a racist piece of sh@t with a BS agenda...he attacks the good people and he's one of the biggest hipocrytes to walk the earth...Being in NYC I hear his "wisdom" all too often and I wish he'd go back to jail and fast...

I completely agree. He has done nothing to benefit mankind. All he does is sit and wait till someone yells "racist" (as long as it's a high profile situation) and runs in to act like the savior of the world, where all he is really doing is fanning the flames of racial divide.

Anyone who is interviewed by the "Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and can't tell you're being made fun of is a moron!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiwoh
I thought Al Sharpton's speech was briliant. He hit the topics dead on. Anyone agree? He may yell a lot, but somebody needs to these days. It was clear and refreshing.
What do you think?

I agree Sharpton is a brilliant speaker. I would love to see him debate Bush, Sharpton would leave Bush in the dust.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Is there a good transcript of the speech around? I really haven't looked, but it would help address the finer points.

(for the record, I haven't been impressed with the man and didn't bother to watch the speech... apparently I missed an interesting session.)

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiwoh
What do you think?

Sharpton was on fire last night, man! He electrified that place.

By taking Bush on by name, Rev. Al spoke truth to power, unlike anyone has yet - at that convention. He had me cheering and he brought the house down.

We are, indeed, living in strange times!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I can't listen to anyone who yells like that -- makes my blood pressure rise without even hearing what he says. I'm sure I'm not alone in this so there were many people who would have missed anything good he might have had to say just because they hit the mute button when he came on.

But I have to also say that Sharpton in on my short list of people I would cross the street to avoid.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Sharpton was on fire last night, man! He electrified that place.

By taking Bush on by name, Rev. Al spoke truth to power, unlike anyone has yet - at that convention. He had me cheering and he brought the house down.

We are, indeed, living in strange times!

I hope youre kidding...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Al Sharpton!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? What a joke! What's he a reverend of anyway? I too would leave this country if a reverend took the white house!! I also can't stand to hear some stand a scream

I'm in agreement that he is a racist @#&$

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Everything that man said last night was the truth. And I'm saying this having once been one of his biggest critics. He was dead on the money. And full of passion. I'd give him an A on his speech/delivery.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Al Sharpton is a racist piece of sh@t with a BS agenda...he attacks the good people and he's one of the biggest hipocrytes to walk the earth...Being in NYC I hear his "wisdom" all too often and I wish he'd go back to jail and fast...

I am always amazed at how people are easily sucked in by a sound bite when they should know better. When Jerry Brown was running for president, anybody from California would gag on thier lunch when relatives from out of state would wax poetic about his virtues. Sharpton is another one. Yes please let Reverend Al run for president..........

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Trust me, I would never vote Sharpton for president! But he was a great speaker last night. His energy was electrifying. And judging from the choir he was preaching to - they agreed 1000% He got one of the longest ovations of anybody who has spoken so far.

I kind of felt bad for Florida's Bob Graham having to come on Sharpton's heels. His speech was just about a total snoozer.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sharpton came across as what he is - a Baptist preacher from the south - not that there is anything wrong with that. I thought he was a bit over the top and had the urge to should "Amen!" at the TV. Presidential material he is not, but it would be amusing to watch him and Bush go at it. Bush thinks he is the leader for the Christian right anyway, might be fun to see his feathers ruffled by someone who knows what he is talking about when it comes to religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It was a pure democratic barn burner.

I thought it was rousing and entertaining. He made good points.

I expected more of Ted Kennedy. He disappointed me.

I'll be covering the Kerry speech LIVE

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why does it seem like the right wing has such a visceral reaction to certain people? Just mention the name Moore, Clinton (either one), Sharpton, and people just froth at the mouth. The left seems to respond to Bush, Limbaugh, etc. with a shrug, "Yeah, they're idiots. So what?" Is it because of the lack of tolerance with anyone who doesn't agree with the party line on the right? Is it because they are so insecure, they don't like hearing that they may be wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join