It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest conspiracy is believing that anything is more important than your OWN pleasure...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree with the OP sure it is nice that people find sprituality from their religion , and a lot of people do, but they choose religion because it makes them FEEL good. It is a pleasure, yet with religion comes dogma, self punishment, restrictions and sanctions, pointless fighting, honour killings, war.

All because religion creates this idea of wrong and right, good and evil.

Living for today and doing the best to be happy and show respect for the earth and those around you has surely more meaning and more positivity than for example "not being gay". If you are gay in most religions you are evil, sinner e.c.t. Yet being gay has no effect on anyone but yourself, and by not being gay or not acting upon homosexual desires, how in anyway is that helping the earth, or bringing a positive outcome? Well its not.

Religion is just another law, where the punishment is hell instead of jail and the judge is god. Really creative, I bet it took them ages to think up that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I believe that this is an analogy to a thing called a "deadly embrace" or "H-Mobius loop" in computing terms. So what your saying is actually impossible to achieve, but since we're only "programmed" to seek pleasure and only pleasure then we'll keep trying, even when it doesn't work because we don't know any better? And what if anything does it have to do with religion?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Religion and Spirituality made up things like "karma" and "heaven and hell" and "sin" in order to get you to be differently that you were born to be. You were born to be your natural selfish self. They really did a good job of brainwashing people to believe in "good and evil".

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

It's not natural to be angry, mean, hateful, and fearful. It's natural to feel pleasure and be happy.

Feel happy, think happy, do things that make you happy, act in a way that makes you happy; and if you aren't happy, do what you can to ease yourself back into feeling happy, if possible, you could even avoid the subject. If you can't you can ease your way through happiness. Try to be happy in every situation with all aspects of life.

It doesn't matter whether something is true or not, do whatever you must to feel happy because life is about the pleasure.

Pleasure is even more important than intellect but thanks to holy books, people think that intellect is more important than pleasure.

Pleasure is most important, live your life while following your pleasure, then DIE. Be as you were born to be.

Good day.

edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

I think you mean we should follow our own will, hopefully that is what you meant. I truly believe people should find out what their will is first and then follow it, i am trying to figure mine out but have yet to understand what my purpose is in life. It may take some people a while to figure it out, and you may actually be doing your will right now.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

Religion and Spirituality made up things like "karma" and "heaven and hell" and "sin" in order to get you to be differently that you were born to be. You were born to be your natural selfish self. They really did a good job of brainwashing people to believe in "good and evil".

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

It's not natural to be angry, mean, hateful, and fearful. It's natural to feel pleasure and be happy.

Feel happy, think happy, do things that make you happy, act in a way that makes you happy; and if you aren't happy, do what you can to ease yourself back into feeling happy, if possible, you could even avoid the subject. If you can't you can ease your way through happiness. Try to be happy in every situation with all aspects of life.

It doesn't matter whether something is true or not, do whatever you must to feel happy because life is about the pleasure.

Pleasure is even more important than intellect but thanks to holy books, people think that intellect is more important than pleasure.

Pleasure is most important, live your life while following your pleasure, then DIE. Be as you were born to be.

Good day.

I think you mean we should follow our own will, hopefully that is what you meant. I truly believe people should find out what their will is first and then follow it, i am trying to figure mine out but have yet to understand what my purpose is in life. It may take some people a while to figure it out, and you may actually be doing your will right now.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under will. There is no law beyond 'do what thou wilt'.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That sentence is completely absurd. Anger is just as "natural" as pleasure for your information. Furthermore, it brings me pleasure to help others. Not only that, those I help will usually do something for me at some point in the future without me asking. THAT is karma my friend. If you go around being a selfish a-hole then your friends will also be selfish a-holes that care only for their own pleasure. You'll have no true friends that care about you. If you want to live an empty selfish life like that...go ahead. It's the American way after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CanYouHandleTheTruth

If you're not selfish enough to take things on your own then you have nothing to offer anyone anyway.

Originally posted by CosmosKid
I believe that this is an analogy to a thing called a "deadly embrace" or "H-Mobius loop" in computing terms. So what your saying is actually impossible to achieve, but since we're only "programmed" to seek pleasure and only pleasure then we'll keep trying, even when it doesn't work because we don't know any better? And what if anything does it have to do with religion?

It is very possible to keep seeking joy and not only is it possible but it happens. People are already doing this because they do know better that it feels better to feel happiness than depression or suicidal or whatever. If you would have read the original post, you would have seen where I typed about how religion is apart of the grand conspiracy to train people from their natural behavior into whatever they teach.
edit on 28-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

If you're not selfish enough to take things on your own then you have nothing to offer anyone anyway.

"Taking things" has nothing to do with being selfish. It has to do with survival. If you want more than you need, then it relates to being selfish. And I don't need to have a whole heap of material crap in order to have "something to offer" others...you seem to think physical wealth and status is everything. You would argue that a poor person has nothing to offer others? You truly are a sad, sad being.

As an open source programmer, my work is released for free. Did you know that over 75% of websites are powered by open source software such as Apache, Linux, PHP etc? According to your logic, the people who make such software are stupid morons who don't understand that self-pleasure is all that matters in life...you REALLY need to re-evaluate your theories and paradigms relating to life.

What you don't understand is that your selfishness makes the world a darker place for others. You show less care and emotion towards other beings because you are so self-centered. What if everyone was like that? A world full of selfish uncaring a-holes that show little love and emotion towards others...that's what you are promoting my friend. I promote the exact opposite of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Survival is selfish. You are surviving because you want to live on. This is your decision. You can choose to not eat or drink at all and just die and allow others to have your food and drink, but you don't, because you want to survive. Obviously most people that homeless people have nothing to offer so they pass them by on the streets.. That's my whole point, though. It doesn't matter whether you have something to offer others or not, you are living for YOU. Although if you WANT to offer to others because that's what makes you happy, feel free to do so.

These companies are giving away stuff because they want to. They are not stupid for sharing (if they want) that is their choice.

Selfishness is about putting yourself first before others, it is not about being careless or emotionless to others. You can selfishly want others to be happy because it makes you feel better when the people are around you are happy rather than sad.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are surviving because you want to live on. This is your decision. You can choose to not eat or drink at all and just die and allow others to have your food and drink, but you don't, because you want to survive.
Why must survival always be a competition, especially in a race of self-aware beings? Does a TEAM of hunters WORKING TOGETHER eat everything they kill themselves? Of course not...they share it among the tribe, so that NO ONE has to go hungry. Scarcity on this planet is completely artificial. It's why 2% of the population own nearly half of the worlds entire wealth. Man, how selfish are they...super awesome aren't they?

Obviously most homeless people have nothing to offer anyone so most people just walk passed them on the streets. That's my whole point.
Oh...right...yeah, they have nothing to offer, because they already gave everything they have...I guess you didn't know that 1/4 of homeless people in America are war veterans...yeah, just keep walking past them without thinking twice about them pal, because that's exactly the type of person you are. You view people only by their amount of wealth and social status, it's completely disgusting.

It doesn't matter whether you have something to offer others or not, you are living for YOU.
Actually, no...you just assume everyone lives for themselves only. I've known people that wanted to kill them self, but the only thing holding them back was the fact that their friends and family would be affected. I'm sure you wouldn't worry about such moronic things however...all that matters is what you think after all.

edit on 28-4-2011 by CanYouHandleTheTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

heres the link to different sites concerning Hedonism
search.yahoo.com...

theres even a banned site, that explains the 'Hedonistic Imperative'
in greater detail...
true Pagans &/0r Luciferians will know the truth about this cover-up of pleasure

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You can selfishly want others to be happy because it makes you feel better when the people are around you are happy rather than sad.
My making others happy has nothing to do with my being happy...it has to do with the WORLD being a happy place so that suffering may be lessened for the masses. It's called a selfless or unconditional care for humanity and other self-aware beings capable of experiencing emotion. Something you wouldn't understand.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanYouHandleTheTruth
reply to post by arpgme

You can selfishly want others to be happy because it makes you feel better when the people are around you are happy rather than sad.
My making others happy has nothing to do with my being happy...it has to do with the WORLD being a happy place so that suffering may be lessened for the masses. It's called a selfless or unconditional care for humanity and other self-aware beings capable of experiencing emotion. Something you wouldn't understand.

I didn't ask about YOUR reason for making others happy, I was just stating that you CAN selfishly want others to be happy and therefore being selfish doesn't not have to be emotionless to others.

Feel free to leave this thread if you wish, because this conversation with you is going no where. Me and you disagree, and you won't change your opinion and you won't change mine. I'm happy you've read and I appreciate your opinion although I disagree with it. See ya!

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

Good day.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under will. There is no law beyond 'do what thou wilt'.

Great, and when you think about it, there is much happiness in loving others.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by arpgme

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important.

What if a person's personal pleasure involved murder and mutilation of mass amounts of people?

What about them, what are you specifically asking?

awake_and_aware, can you form that into a question? What are you asking exactly?

Weeeeeeell, you made this comment:

"Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be."

So I'm taking your clam to it's logical conclusion, what about people like Hitler or Stalin? What if another person's "personal pleasure" is to murder mass amounts of people? Should we encourage them since they are just fulfilling their "personal pleasures"?

edit on 28-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Feel free to leave this thread if you wish, because this conversation with you is going no where. Me and you disagree, and you won't change your opinion and you won't change mine. I'm happy you've read and I appreciate your opinion although I disagree with it. See ya!
Firstly, I'm not trying to change your opinion quite honestly, my motives aren't that simple.
Secondly, a debate of conflicting opinions goes a lot further than useless chatter and back patting.
Thirdly, I will leave this thread when I damn well feel like it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's encouraged that you follow your own happiness but whether or not someone else approves of what you are doing for your happiness depends on the individual.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

And of course, Crowley did supply an answer to the problem of conflicting will: it's impossible. If you think your will is to interfere with someone else's will, you're wrong. "Will" is not another word for "want".
edit on 28-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Getting back to the core of the subject.

The natural way is to follow your joy which is being who you truly are and to not care about what others think. When you are hoping that someone will act in a certain way for your happiness, now your happiness is dependent on them. When you are trying to control the uncontrollable, now you cut yourself off from your happiness. Do what you can do for happiness, whether it be through fantasizing or actually taking action. Let your happiness be unconditional because it feels good. When something happens to you which makes you unhappy. Either focus on it in a way that you can find your happiness or avoid it so that you wont encounter it and can stay happy. Work your whole perspective of reality towards one which feels better.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry angry fearful and envious are all natural emotions. They are bred from want of something you need but don't have or can't find. We over use them and unjustly apply them, but they are natural and would be there no matter what. Your philosophy is flawed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It is natural, what isn't natural is to keep feeling that emotion. By the time you've felt that emotion, you could have refocused yourself into feeling happy again.

When something makes you feel bad, you can refocus on it in a way that makes you happy or you can avoid it if it doesn't show up in your life often.

<< 1  2   >>

join