It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest conspiracy is believing that anything is more important than your OWN pleasure...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Religion and Spirituality made up things like "karma" and "heaven and hell" and "sin" in order to get you to be differently that you were born to be. You were born to be your natural selfish self. They really did a good job of brainwashing people to believe in "good and evil".

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

It's not natural to be angry, mean, hateful, and fearful. It's natural to feel pleasure and be happy.

Feel happy, think happy, do things that make you happy, act in a way that makes you happy; and if you aren't happy, do what you can to ease yourself back into feeling happy, if possible, you could even avoid the subject. If you can't you can ease your way through happiness. Try to be happy in every situation with all aspects of life.

It doesn't matter whether something is true or not, do whatever you must to feel happy because life is about the pleasure.

Pleasure is even more important than intellect but thanks to holy books, people think that intellect is more important than pleasure.

Pleasure is most important, live your life while following your pleasure, then DIE. Be as you were born to be.

Good day.

edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My own personal pleasure is knowing Jesus Christ, it's living the life he gave me, following the way he traced, in the truth he showed.

And I feel way more happy when I see people around me having pleasure because of my words/actions than by fulfilling my selfish cravings.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swissdom

so by words....you mean you love forcing others to hear your beliefs...instead of finding their own......people like you is why I left religion

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swissdom
My own personal pleasure is knowing Jesus Christ, it's living the life he gave me, following the way he traced, in the truth he showed.

And I feel way more happy when I see people around me having pleasure because of my words/actions than by fulfilling my selfish cravings.

You say Jesus Christ give you happiness (pleasure) how is that not selfish, silly

You are selfishly enjoying your happiness/pleasure which is awesome if you feel this way regardless of what you are believing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
emotions such as anger and hate are survival mechanisms ingrained in us. joy and happiness would mean a lot less without suffering and sorrow.

you're just advocating hedonism.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
emotions such as anger and hate are survival mechanisms ingrained in us. joy and happiness would mean a lot less without suffering and sorrow.

you're just advocating hedonism.

You're right, but it's natural to be happy instead of staying depressed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i see what you're saying, but don't you think that it would be natural to experience varying degrees of all emotions, instead of just being happy/depressed all of the time.

i quite enjoy getting pissed from time to time and giving people a proper verbal thrashing lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
reply to post by arpgme

i see what you're saying, but don't you think that it would be natural to experience varying degrees of all emotions, instead of just being happy/depressed all of the time.

i quite enjoy getting pissed from time to time and giving people a proper verbal thrashing lol.

Sometimes being sad and angry is pleasurable for me as well. It's exciting to feel bad and work myself up into being happy again. Happy is the natural state though and I love to milk the feeling.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodfolk
reply to post by Swissdom

so by words....you mean you love forcing others to hear your beliefs..

So what? You "forced" me to read yours.
I don't always talk about my beliefs, there's a time for everything.

I believe there's more happiness in giving than in receiving, but I understand your point of view.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Arpgme

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure

This statement stands alone. I believe this as stated here, but not as you stated in the title.But Arpgme you just had to add this second part to the first half of the sentence

and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

What you just did there? You started a religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

You say Jesus Christ give you happiness (pleasure) how is that not selfish, silly

It's not selfish since I share both this happiness and the way to live it too. I don't keep Jesus for myself, so that's not really selfish.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by arpgme

Arpgme

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure

This statement stands alone. I believe this as stated here, but not as you stated in the title.But Arpgme you just had to add this second part to the first half of the sentence

and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

What you just did there? You started a religion.

Being yourself is a religion?
How is allowing others to have freewill to be as they want to be, a religion at all?

It's not selfish since I share both this happiness and the way to live it too. I don't keep Jesus for myself, so that's not really selfish.

It is selfish because happy is how you yourSELF want to feel. You don't want to feel sad so you choose happiness for now.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The only way anyone would be all happiness 24/7,365 days a year is living in a perfect world. We do not therefore responding with some negativity is natural. More positivity is healthy for everyone but hedonism on this rock could be defined as living in denial. I have empathy and care for my fellow man so it is impossible for me to be self serving.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by of the Ether
The only way anyone would be all happiness 24/7,365 days a year is living in a perfect world. We do not therefore responding with some negativity is natural. More positivity is healthy for everyone but hedonism on this rock could be defined as living in denial. I have empathy and care for my fellow man so it is impossible for me to be self serving.

Then you have freely chosen to sacrifice your happiness. Also, whether or not the world is "perfect" is an opinion since people have different ideas of what it means for the world to be perfect.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Truth is more important than happiness.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Religion and Spirituality made up things like "karma" and "heaven and hell" and "sin" in order to get you to be differently that you were born to be. You were born to be your natural selfish self. They really did a good job of brainwashing people to believe in "good and evil".

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

It's not natural to be angry, mean, hateful, and fearful. It's natural to feel pleasure and be happy.

Feel happy, think happy, do things that make you happy, act in a way that makes you happy; and if you aren't happy, do what you can to ease yourself back into feeling happy, if possible, you could even avoid the subject. If you can't you can ease your way through happiness. Try to be happy in every situation with all aspects of life.

It doesn't matter whether something is true or not, do whatever you must to feel happy because life is about the pleasure.

Pleasure is even more important than intellect but thanks to holy books, people think that intellect is more important than pleasure.

Pleasure is most important, live your life while following your pleasure, then DIE. Be as you were born to be.

Good day.

Anton is that you?
HAIL erm *cough cough*

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

While i agree with you for the most part....your post suggests we should condone the acts of Charles Manson.

This is why objective morality, like you say, "good" and "evil" cannot exist as everyone as a different perception, a different moral upbringing etc. "Right" and "wrong" are subjective to culture, religion, countries, times in history.

Again, your posts suggests that you should put your own pleasure first........even if it involves raping or killing.

Of course, most people take pleasure in other people's pleasure (we are empathic creatures!) so i agree for the most part, BUT we would have to factor sado-masochists/killers/rapists into this idea.
edit on 27/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is my belief that happiness is in the eyes of the beholder, a perception based upon learned responses of past experiences sparked by the judgment of the duality of positive and negative.

It is not happiness that should be sought, nor Joy, but bliss.

Bliss is obtained when the duality of Positive and Negative are no longer. This is done through Love.

The problem with this is that, through the Judgment of ones own beliefs of positive and negative, Love is not universal in the mind. We are to Love the rapist/murderer the same as we Love the smile on a childs face. This is spiritual development, not the rules and regulations of society, as they rarely see eye to eye.

Bliss is not the void of empathy but the void of judgment of things we only understand from a physical Human point of view. To experience Bliss is to separate yourself from all things becoming one with self thus becoming one with all things.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds like the manifesto of a serial killer.

Either that, or someone who is so naive they don't grasp just how dangerous to them other people's decision to indulge themselves could be.

Regardless, it's a position without logic. What if my pleasure is stopping you from enacting your pleasure?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

well then keep jesus to yourself, only delusionals talk about that stuff. its obvious to everyone and their goat that jesus is nothing more then a figment of imagination and a political tool. wake uppppppppp

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join