It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The greatest conspiracy is believing that anything is more important than your OWN pleasure...

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta
 


Please do not get off topic. This is a discussion about happiness being the only being the only thing of importance, not about a duality of any sort.



posted by sepermeru
Sounds like the manifesto of a serial killer.

Either that, or someone who is so naive they don't grasp just how dangerous to them other people's decision to indulge themselves could be.

Regardless, it's a position without logic. What if my pleasure is stopping you from enacting your pleasure?


Here is the logic:

It feels bad to feel anything other than happy so I'm going to stay happy so I won't feel that horrible feeling of sadness.

You wont stop me for having my pleasure because I'll do what I want no matter what. You will never separate me from my happiness of who I truly am because I was born to be ME. I CHOOSE to be happy no matter what and to do what I want for my pleasure no matter what.


I'll be selfish enough to have stuff, and when you need help, I'll actually have something to give you...

I'll be selfish enough to be happy no matter what, and when you are sad I can cheer you up...

I'll be selfish enough to feel the joy of other's happiness...


edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme to add more emotion

edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


I understand where you are coming from in this thinking. But It is just as natural to feel angry as it is to feel happy. Our feelings are natural, come in many varieties, and are there to be felt.

I feel that you must try to find a way to balance them out so your not tiping the "scale" to either positive feelings or negative feelings but an equal amount of both.

I think that could be a reason why we have people with anger issues or other emotional issues it could be that their "scale" is leaning towards one or the other, not balanced.

I dont know if that makes sence to anyone, but thats the way I see it.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes, negative emotions are to be felt. They are there saying "Warning! Warning! This doesn't feel good!". Also, it feels amazing to go from feeling bad to feeling good again. I love the movement, it's so pleasurable.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Swissdom

Originally posted by arpgme

You say Jesus Christ give you happiness (pleasure) how is that not selfish, silly



It's not selfish since I share both this happiness and the way to live it too. I don't keep Jesus for myself, so that's not really selfish.


well then keep jesus to yourself, only delusionals talk about that stuff. its obvious to everyone and their goat that jesus is nothing more then a figment of imagination and a political tool. wake uppppppppp


Swissdom expressed their opinion as to what makes them happy which is a lot more than you did, you simply attacked the belief because of your own misunderstanding of the true nature of the idea of Jesus. I have written a book that shreds the life of Jesus( let me know if you would like to read it). It shows that his life as it is described in the bible is false and that it was and still is used to perpetrate the rules and regulations of a Patriarchal society. This is what all major religions have done. HOWEVER, the teachings that he is attributed to are of a spiritual nature and can not be disputed, not even by science itself. One must keep in mind that religion and spirituality do not go hand in hand. To attack ones belief shows your own inability of tolerance and understanding within the true nature of the Human mind. It is just as much ones right to believe in spirituality without judgment as it is to believe we are simply a piece of meat that lives and dies. I for one refuse to believe that I am a piece of meat and have no purpose beyond the physical. This is because I have opened my mind to the possibility of the higher self and have seen the miracles of life both physical and non physical first hand, But from experience I understand that without opening your mind to the possibility you will never see it much less know it.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

It feels bad to feel anything other than happy so I'm going to stay happy so I won't feel that horrible feeling of sadness.

You wont stop me for having my pleasure because I'll do what I want no matter what. You will never separate me from my happiness of who I truly am because I was born to be ME. I CHOOSE to be happy no matter what and to do what I want for my pleasure no matter what.


If I chain you up in my basement because that's what makes me happy, how do you achieve all that?



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What if I said my happiness came from making others miserable and ensuring they never get to experience happiness? By your logic its ok, because my happiness is all that matters and I should continue in my selfish manner
.
Sorry, happiness is not the most important thing, but when you discover what the important things are, happiness is a byproduct.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP
 


I would have to agree. I try my best never to let anger or sadness make decisions for me, but how could I really call myself alive if some of the things going on these days or really since the beginning of history didn’t make me mad?



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Swissdom

Originally posted by arpgme

You say Jesus Christ give you happiness (pleasure) how is that not selfish, silly



It's not selfish since I share both this happiness and the way to live it too. I don't keep Jesus for myself, so that's not really selfish.


well then keep jesus to yourself, only delusionals talk about that stuff. its obvious to everyone and their goat that jesus is nothing more then a figment of imagination and a political tool. wake uppppppppp


Swissdom expressed their opinion as to what makes them happy which is a lot more than you did, you simply attacked the belief because of your own misunderstanding of the true nature of the idea of Jesus. I have written a book that shreds the life of Jesus( let me know if you would like to read it). It shows that his life as it is described in the bible is false and that it was and still is used to perpetrate the rules and regulations of a Patriarchal society. This is what all major religions have done. HOWEVER, the teachings that he is attributed to are of a spiritual nature and can not be disputed, not even by science itself. One must keep in mind that religion and spirituality do not go hand in hand. To attack ones belief shows your own inability of tolerance and understanding within the true nature of the Human mind. It is just as much ones right to believe in spirituality without judgment as it is to believe we are simply a piece of meat that lives and dies. I for one refuse to believe that I am a piece of meat and have no purpose beyond the physical. This is because I have opened my mind to the possibility of the higher self and have seen the miracles of life both physical and non physical first hand, But from experience I understand that without opening your mind to the possibility you will never see it much less know it.


you are right in all aspects, I was certainly intolerent. and my mind is closed, to certain subject matter.
if you had seen life through my eyes, you would know there could not be a god. but this all just plays into experience. circumstance. what has he seen that I have not, and what have I that he hasn't?
it creates the basis from which we all form our opinion. I know something he does not, he knows something I do not.
why cannot this be heaven and hell? why must we look further then where we are right now in this moment?
I get frustrated with jesus because it is a scapegoat. why can't we be good people because we are good people, not because of some higher force that wants us to waste our lives away preaching for it? that makes no sense? so should I stand by while people do that? no.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Agarta
 


Please do not get off topic. This is a discussion about happiness being the only being the only thing of importance, not about a duality of any sort.


I am very aware of the topic and am glad you brought it up, however as in every discussion there is people for and people against.

Would it have been better for me to simply state that I find your idea narrow minded with little thought into the deeper aspects of the understanding of said "Happiness"? No, I don't think that would help at all.

I apologize if you feel your idea has been stomped upon by my statement or that the deeper understandings are of little consequence, however to remain in the box of a narrow understanding will eventually cost you your happiness.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


Thank you for the reply and I completely understand your point. Upon completing my book and seeing what religion has done to life throughout history I felt exactly the same. How can a god sit back and allow things to happen as they do. Logically the only answer is that there is no god.

Finding happiness is all that is left to us at this point. I too felt that there should be no higher power above or over me(us) dictating how my life was to be led in finding this happiness. Then I came to the understanding that if we are all part of god than we are all equal to each other as well as god, if we take the responsibility and become. Therefore we are all gods and goddesses in training and most of us have lost touch with our god selves or our own higher self. It is this god self that I have chosen to develop and the happiness began to flow into a bliss beyond my ability to spell out in any human language.

Edit to add: You are correct. There is no past, nor a future, simply the now. The past is memories whatever they may be and the future holds only what you choose at this very moment. I think you know more of the god within you than you admit maybe even to yourself.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by arpgme

It feels bad to feel anything other than happy so I'm going to stay happy so I won't feel that horrible feeling of sadness.

You wont stop me for having my pleasure because I'll do what I want no matter what. You will never separate me from my happiness of who I truly am because I was born to be ME. I CHOOSE to be happy no matter what and to do what I want for my pleasure no matter what.


If I chain you up in my basement because that's what makes me happy, how do you achieve all that?


It's very interesting how when I talk about this people automatically talk about worst case scenarios.

I guess if you tied me down and I couldn't move or anything, I can still be happy in my mind. I can still think about things that makes me happy.



Originally posted by calstorm
What if I said my happiness came from making others miserable and ensuring they never get to experience happiness? By your logic its ok, because my happiness is all that matters and I should continue in my selfish manner
.
Sorry, happiness is not the most important thing, but when you discover what the important things are, happiness is a byproduct.


First of all, you can't "ensure" that another will not experience happiness. No matter what situation you're in you can always choose happiness. You can fantasize yourself to be happy. Of course this is a worse case scenario though. Also, I don't see how that would mean that happiness is not the important thing, even if that was the case.


Originally posted by Agarta

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Agarta
 


Please do not get off topic. This is a discussion about happiness being the only being the only thing of importance, not about a duality of any sort.


I am very aware of the topic and am glad you brought it up, however as in every discussion there is people for and people against.

Would it have been better for me to simply state that I find your idea narrow minded with little thought into the deeper aspects of the understanding of said "Happiness"? No, I don't think that would help at all.

I apologize if you feel your idea has been stomped upon by my statement or that the deeper understandings are of little consequence, however to remain in the box of a narrow understanding will eventually cost you your happiness.


My idea has not been stomped on. It's solidified as a universal truth. It's something that is common to all living things alike, except for humans when they choose to not be who they truly are for whatever reason, but even most of the time, humans are seeking happiness too so that's great.

Hehe, my happiness is unconditional. So nothing will "Cost" me my happiness.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


It makes me happy that you have found happiness and you are right, if the people of the world were to live within happiness, this would be a much nicer place to live.

As for those that bring out the extreme of "It makes me happy to kill" they must remember there are those that find happiness locking up or killing those that find happiness through this avenue and that happiness is short lived.

What you are saying is a universal truth and I applaud you(If I could) for attempting to show this to others. I would like to show a point through your own words.....


It's very interesting how when I talk about this people automatically talk about worst case scenarios.
I guess if you tied me down and I couldn't move or anything, I can still be happy in my mind. I can still think about things that makes me happy.


You have already proven my point on the duality and letting go of judgment in seeking your own happiness whether you realize it or not.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 




Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important.


What if a person's personal pleasure involved murder and mutilation of mass amounts of people?




posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta
 


Well, that's certainly true. There is a duality. The only reason why I said it was off topic is because I didn't want to complicate things and I wanted to strictly leave the discussion on happiness.

That being said, there is a duality.

life/death
heat/cold
love/hate
happy/sad


This duality happens. You becoming sad by watching something that you don't like is inevitable, BUT, I think the perception is more important. Yes, the negative emotions occur naturally but it feels better to put the focus on the positive emotions and when you feel it, to milk the sensation.

So instead of saying there is a duality and although you feeling happy and sad is inevitable but you should focus more on the happy because it feels better. I made it simple and just said "Focus on your happiness" which is the same thing. I didn't want to put emphasis on the negative.



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Religion and Spirituality made up things like "karma" and "heaven and hell" and "sin" in order to get you to be differently that you were born to be. You were born to be your natural selfish self. They really did a good job of brainwashing people to believe in "good and evil".

Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.

It's not natural to be angry, mean, hateful, and fearful. It's natural to feel pleasure and be happy.

Feel happy, think happy, do things that make you happy, act in a way that makes you happy; and if you aren't happy, do what you can to ease yourself back into feeling happy, if possible, you could even avoid the subject. If you can't you can ease your way through happiness. Try to be happy in every situation with all aspects of life.

It doesn't matter whether something is true or not, do whatever you must to feel happy because life is about the pleasure.


Pleasure is even more important than intellect but thanks to holy books, people think that intellect is more important than pleasure.

Pleasure is most important, live your life while following your pleasure, then DIE. Be as you were born to be.

Good day.

edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)


How vain; the epitome of ignorance...its natural to be mean, angry, hateful and fearful; it is spiritual to be humble, loving and caring, which things are contrary to natural man: for natural man is the most destructive creature ever created. You start out natural, and gradually, through your experiences, find yourself transforming into a higher dimensional state: true pleasure is divine freedom, not natural pleasures that leave you wanting...



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I've already highlighted that we would have to factor sociopaths, murderers and rapists into this.

OP will surely deliver.
edit on 27/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by arpgme
 




Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important.


What if a person's personal pleasure involved murder and mutilation of mass amounts of people?



What about them, what are you specifically asking?

awake_and_aware, can you form that into a question? What are you asking exactly?
edit on 27-4-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


You are correct but I think the emphasis of what I was talking about was shifted to the duality rather than the release of duality and thus judgment to be happy in the moment uninfluenced by the occurrences around you.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 



Your own personal pleasure is the only thing that is important. Everyone should be seeking their pleasure and allowing everyone else to do the same because this is the natural way to be.


So where does parenting figure into your philosophy? Doesn't a parent place the well-being and happiness of their child before their own?

I would say that every adult is responsible for their own happiness, but that is a somewhat different perspective to regarding one's own pleasure or happiness as paramount.

If we seek for our pleasure in all circumstances, then we are doomed to be frustrated and disappointed, because the reality is that the mind is easily bored and needs constant variety and stimulation, and what gave us pleasure one day will seem unappealing the next.

What I do think is attainable, and maintainable, is an attitude of peace and equipoise in all circumstances. I would much rather reach this goal here, than hunt for that fickle and elusive state of personal pleasure.



posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
''Born to be your natural born self''?....no because we are seeing that today and its one of the reasons why the world is the way it is now.....hell.

I'm not religious but religion is right in some ways and this is one of them.
edit on 28/4/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join