It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who plans on growing cannabis after the SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You dont have to be a user,a "pot-head" or any other tag to know that there will be a serious market for alcohol,cigarettes and pot after a crash.Who has booze and cigs stashed for that time and who has a few lbs of seeds put away for a rainy day?
Booze is best purchased and stored in 1/2 pint bottles,tobacco in the roll-your-own bulk and hemp as seeds...JMO

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
great for rope and barter i guess but itll bring unwanted attention

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I definately will be growing my own.. life would not be worth living after the SHTF if I didn't have my green!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That would be my plan. If the U.S. went to a barter system, it would be right up there with alcohol, and cigerettes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

Of course the usual cautions will still apply...my question wasnt a how-to,only a general topic of conversation

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The same people who are growing it now. Cannabis has a great shelf life if stored properly.
Why would anyone start growing after the SHTF?

Be prepared people. Grow, dry, store now not later.

This would be for all herbs that you feel will be needed later.

My 2cents
edit on 26-4-2011 by freedomataprice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is a very versatile plant and also full of nutrients. It also has a multitude of beneficial medical qualities. People have been using the plant for thousands of years, I cant see how the downfall of this civilization with have too much effect on people wanting to make use of the marijuana plant.
edit on 26-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Not only will the family farm be growing cannabis to smoke but more importantly and mostly it will be hemp crops for it has many many many uses. Also If you want chemical free non additive tobacco just grow it yourself it isn't too hard to grow dry and shred for rolling. It won't take pounds of seeds either that's also just probably gonna get you robbed when people notice your huge field or plot in the woods. The seeds would be better traded as a source of protein which is better, cheaper ,and easier than soy beans. Also no need to store booze it will run out. Store the ingredients to make it and the supplies to make a still. If you have a renewable source of these things you probably wouldn't even need a garden or to hunt you could get all your food and other goods in trade...especially if you did a good job making your booze or growing your tobacco and cannabis!
edit on 26-4-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It is a very versatile plant and also full of nutrients. It also has a multitude of beneficial medical qualities. People have been using the plant for thousands of years, I cant see how the downfall of this civilization with have too much effect on people wanting to make use of the marijuana plant.
Im thinking that people who,in this day and time,that would shy away from having a crop in somewhere would see the benefits of having a plot to pluck from for many uses,not just recreation,...

link   
What do you mean 'after'?

Then again, I am in Vancouver.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I know a few people who grow a few plants for personal use, i am thinking of doing the same.

Its one of the first thing that comes up when i mention a SHTF scenario with my friends lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It will depend on where you live, because without the right amount of heat and light it won't grow. No good in the U.K, that's for sure.

I think everyone needs to start growing it now in preparedness. And if the SDHTF, give me your number and I will buy whatever you have!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I plan on growing a lot of #in' veg, barley, apples, the lot
Make booze, make wine, It's pretty simple to make
Life is too short to drink cheap wine! So I will make kick ass wine!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's the most useful plant on the planet earth... anyone who doesn't grow it in a situation where they must be self sustainable would be missing a few marbles... definitely should have some seeds around for if SHTF...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

A greenhouse, is something UK peeps should invest in for a SHTF scenario. Its possible to grow lots of different veg in a green house, you can pretty much grow whatever you want

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'll sell anything and everything. Become a barbarian as well and make a power play. First a few small counties, than states, then on from there. I'll ride a black horse, dress in armor made of gold. Growing my hair out now.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your post got me to take another look at the laws regarding industrial hemp. I only glimpsed through a few articles, but in Oregon I *think* it has been legal to grow industrial hemp with "very low" thc levels since Jan 1, 2010 !

I am pretty stoked about this, if this is true I won't be waiting for the SHTF to start growing.

I would uncensor Johnny in my avatar, since he is in Oregon and planting hemp seeds is legal here, but I doubt the mods would go for that

edit on 26-4-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'll totally grow it to make medicine and diesel.

If it weren't for the laws right now, I would do it already. I would make my own gas. Screw the big oil companies.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Back in what, the 30's I believe it was, maybe 20's... It was expected that the US economy would be hemp centric.
Unfortunately TPTB decided chemicals and petro was the way to go, all in the name of profits. Who could sell you energy if you could simply grow it on just about any swatch of land one could find?

Hemp can be used to replace most natural resources which damage the earth as we consume it.

Paper, rope, cloth, lumber, plastics and fuel? Hemp can not only produce these commodities (amongst many others), but in many cases, it can do it better, and most importantly, with very little environmental impact

Sad really.... gonna have to smoke a bowl to cheer myself back up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join