It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who plans on growing cannabis after the SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks to the ones who"got the point "of my question....that being who has plans/seeds etc to "put in a crop",be it in a tree top or in a few scattered plants hidden from roaving thugs to use as they see fit?...hemp,oils,toking,I didnt ask all that.....some do see the value and understand the question....good going

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
You dont have to be a user,a "pot-head" or any other tag to know that there will be a serious market for alcohol,cigarettes and pot after a crash.Who has booze and cigs stashed for that time and who has a few lbs of seeds put away for a rainy day?
Booze is best purchased and stored in 1/2 pint bottles,tobacco in the roll-your-own bulk and hemp as seeds...JMO

had to check your name when i saw i was added to your foe list

but dont worry i come in peace

if shtf in real life, growing things wont be very easy

the power wont be available for indoor ops, at least that would be a huge waste of valuable resources (lighting heating cooling pumps etc)

and outdoors, well, it wouldnt be very secure

also the time is very prohibitive realistically, 8+ weeks of flowering isnt easy to guard

the only real way it would be possible is if you live in the middle of nowhere and have a long enough growing season

with all of that said

i must say, its very shocking this thread has been allowed on ats

no offense but in a way its slightly tasteless, when compared to other threads on the marijuana topic, that have been trashed on this site many times and has caused me to leave this site in the past, due to the ridiculous censorship regarding the marijuana topic

we have not been allowed to discuss true medical properties or serious and legitimate conspiracies regarding legalities and medicine but we can discuss whether or not you will grow it when shtf

interesting

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No offense, but how are the other top 5 threads that don't violate the rules in this forum locked and this one is still open, obviously advocating use?
edit on 1-6-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes, the U.S. advocated growing hemp until the thirties.

Hemp for Victory!
www.youtube.com...
The history of hemp.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Go Hemp!
edit on 2-6-2011 by TheEndIsNear421 because: double post

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
You dont have to be a user,a "pot-head" or any other tag to know that there will be a serious market for alcohol,cigarettes and pot after a crash.Who has booze and cigs stashed for that time and who has a few lbs of seeds put away for a rainy day?
Booze is best purchased and stored in 1/2 pint bottles,tobacco in the roll-your-own bulk and hemp as seeds...JMO

If and when the "SHTF", most will be attempting to stay alive by eating cockroaches. Most will die. Maybe in another 50 years?

CJ

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why wait till the SHTF?? Seems to me with over 14 states now with a decriminalized status for trees and almost 10 more with legislation in the works, the time to "stock up" for # hitting the fan is now, no??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I haven't smoked in about 25 years. I wouldn't even know who to go to around here to get seeds, but I can see the value. Trade, medicinal, hemp rope, fabric and stress reliever. Tell me again, what genius made this wonderful, useful plant illegal ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
growing hemp/cannabis has far more benefits than just recreational uses.

oil, fibers, food, shelter. plus its one of the only crops that enriches the soil instead of just draining nutrients.
water will be a key factor but still, hemp was the backbone of pre industrial civilization.

thus said, hemp cannabis is a valuable crop if shtf.

but for now this thread is an example of why hardcore stoners will always loose the legalization argument.

they cant see past the smoke.

i can.

and hell..

yes we can!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Hey! I plan on growing it! I will give it away too. Come see me.
I live at....
Oh heck. My wife is calling me. I will get back later.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes definitely. For use and barter.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I haven't smoked in about 25 years. I wouldn't even know who to go to around here to get seeds, but I can see the value. Trade, medicinal, hemp rope, fabric and stress reliever. Tell me again, what genius made this wonderful, useful plant illegal ?

Phillip Morris, The Ad Council, Merck, etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
and what is the shtf!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
cant wait for the SHTF to happen!!!

my plan..

Dream farm

and wit...

i will not go to work?? i will pass my day hunting fishing with friends?
i will not pay taxes?

WHERE THE HACK IS THAT FKN NIBIRU THINGY!!! WHY ITS NOT HERE YET!!!!!

edit on 26-7-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Theres a good few strains now from the Canadian lads that are made for the climate in the UK / Ireland and they'll grow out door. I'm sure on of the lovely Canadians here on the site will oblige with the name of the strain

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
hell yeah i be growing some percy!
you can get also solar powered nft systems nowadays so all you got to do is find a real good hiding place for your little babies and go once a week to refil the tank .
or you could be lazy and raid one of the governments grow rooms
i heard theres one on the side of the m4 somewhere thats grown it for medical reasons?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The best trick i can give .. dont wait to start it .. it take a lot of time
You just need 1 seed and you can grow 50-100 plants with it

First you need to know what seed is the strongest to be the mother plant
grow the mother plan up to 8 feet tall (will not make anything yet)
and then you cut each head and replant them using
a biochimical agent to help grow up the roots (my cloning method)
all of that can take up to a yrs to have around 50 plants (3-4 feets)
edit on 7/26/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join