It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Leaked files accuse BBC of being part of a 'possible propaganda media network'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

WikiLeaks: Leaked files accuse BBC of being part of a 'possible propaganda media network'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The files, obtained by the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph, disclose that a phone number of someone at the BBC was found in the phone books and phones of a number of extremists seized by US forces.

A detainee assessment, dated 21 April 2007, states: "The London, United Kingdom (UK), phone number 0044 207 XXX XXXX was discovered in numerous seized phone books and phones associated with extremist-linked individuals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why would multiple members of AQ or one of their affiliates have a phone number of a BBC employee.

Two possibilities

1. The BBC employee is one of them
2. The BBC uses them as confidential sources.

I would go with #2 but what does that say about the BBC? An state sponsored media organization cooperating on any level with organizations that have delcared war on the British government and killed 100's of British citizens leaves me with my jaw on the ground.

Surely all they would have to do is give the #'s of their terrorist sources to MI6 would program them in a drone and kill the bastards ... I wounder whose side they are on?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Interesting. But for all we know that phone number could belong to the janitor. I don't really see it very significant that the phone number of one person was in possession of alleged extremists. It would however be pretty big if that number belonged to the company or someone with influential power.

My point is, it's hard to tell how significant this is if we don't know who or what that phone number belonged to.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

1. The BBC employee is one of them
2. The BBC uses them as confidential sources.

3. Most effective way for MI5 operatives working at BBC to contact CIA operatives when orchestrating the 7/7 attacks, and other raids.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
bbc is a propangda media network lol

i always thought that wikileaks was a creation of the cia think about it how could so much information

be put out there in the media spotlight.

in a word disinformation.

remember now the cia cant exist without bad guys now can they.

hmmmmm

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
BBC is propaganda? Damn, really? Next you'll say the sky is blue?

All major media is propaganda. You would think state-sponsored media would be that much more obviously propaganda, but to millions of people, apparently not. And to all those I guess I have to say,

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Inside sources perhaps? I know if I'd be a reporter I'd love nothing more than to have some sources even in the most radical groups out there. Lot's of delicious scoops might come from that and maybe even a pulizer

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
what i find odd out of all of this is they close torrents sites,but wikileaks lives ?

on topic:
BBC has always been deep with MI5 and no doubt MI6.

but there not alone,as all western media out lets have there secret service tied in with there news outlets,its all part of intelligence gathering.

it's a lot easier to implant a news crew in enemy domains,making contacts.under the guise of journalism.

i would go into more detail,but the more clued up out of you get what i'm saying.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To let them know where to stick the cameracrew.

Lets face it this 'war on terror' is nothing more than a modern day equivalent of a Cold War arms-race, infact even that barely dissipated into the way were led to believe. Countries still have nuclear weapons and are consistently updating missiles & defenses to combat the threats from other rogue nations. Just replace the nuclear threat we all feared in the 80s with planes flying into buildings and there you have it.

new topics

top topics

join