It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Watch 2011

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Chico California?
Yep. Norcal.

Interesting angle, and hi resolution video. From a Weather Chopper.
Small Tornado. But It's an excellent sequence of events.

www.kcra.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Western Ky checking in! Numerous tornado warnings this evening around the tristate area. When they issued the first one for my county, I hit the storm shelter! So glad we spent the money to do that! What a relief it was to know that I was underground and safe! Other than tree limbs down and power out for several hours, all is well at my house. The roof was torn off of the Lowes building in my neighboring county... lots of damage reports. Didn't get to watch the news due to power outage.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hey Buttercookie ... hope your OK.
I was watching a lot of last night on varoius news channels via the web.
Looked a wild one for lots of people.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
Hey Buttercookie ... hope your OK.
I was watching a lot of last night on varoius news channels via the web.
Looked a wild one for lots of people.

Thanks!!!!!

I'm good....Tornado did touch down in West Memphis....minor damage, no injuries, no fatalities. It did blow the roofs off of some businesses...

Immediately after the tornado, around 8pm the sky went WHITE....very brght white then extrememely bright yellow....then an eerir red...then normal.....

Even my non-ATS friends called and texted about the brightness at that time of day...Very weird!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not seeing anything in the news, but a family member in Paris, TN told me a tornado touched down 1 block from their house, and there were injuries. It's a small town, so word came from neighbors and MT/Fire crews spreading the news.
edit on 5/26/11 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Aerial shots of Joplin - before and after the tornado

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

I had to look up Paris, TN on google, since I didn't know it's location. That part of Tennessee had a lot of severe weather and tornados last night, and (guessing here) due to electrical outages and consequential slowed communications, much of the damage that occured hasn't been reported yet or is slow to get out. I bet there will be more damage reports to come in the next couple of days. Were there any deaths that you know of?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I friend of mine in Bristol Va texted me saying his call center had everyone in the center of the building due to the warnings.

Tazewell Va is looking very dark right now.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else is watching CNN at the moment..

if not, they just aired a segment called, "Can we control the weather?"

They discussed how governments have used new technology to seed clouds in order to make rain, create snow, and calm winds...

Then they started talking about the recent tornados and how they can 'aim to make them less deadly in the future;.

OMG...they are talking about this stuff on freakin' CNN?????????

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That's cool I wish I could have saw that on cnn. But yeah me thinks tptb are trying to control the weather. The weather has been so severe lately here in Michigan also, I hope we don't experience any tornadoes here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just received a "watch" here in SW Michigan. Looks like there is either a tornado or at least a funnel cloud down around La Porte, IN. We're about to get hit fairly heavy from the looks of it. Keepin my fingers crossed and I'll check back in if anything materializes.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Hey...

Just read your post, please stay safe. Goodness knows the awful fear you guys over there suffer when the warnings go out. We dont get weather like that over here in Scotland.

I am sure I speak for all members here in praying you and all concerned stay safe.

peace

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabinda
reply to post by MJZoo

Hey...

Just read your post, please stay safe. Goodness knows the awful fear you guys over there suffer when the warnings go out. We dont get weather like that over here in Scotland.

I am sure I speak for all members here in praying you and all concerned stay safe.

peace

Yes we really are a bunch of moaning minnies over here in the UK when it comes to our weather. Prayers to you all in the USA, stay safe.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow that storm whipped up in the blink of an eye. That was some wicked rain and wind. It's passed now. I personally didn't get hit by an actual tornado but there was a reported touch down about a mile south of here and one a few miles north. I'm actually still watching the news and tracking it as it goes east they are showing houses with the roofs torn off and very sizable trees that have been taken down. They also have well over 6000 confirmed lightning strikes which have caused some house fires. Anyways, thanks for the positive thoughts. Keep them going because the storm is still ripping towards the east.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tornado watch South Western Ontario (Sarnia, Windsor, Watford, Chattam etc. )
www.theweathernetwork.com... pagecontent=prov&provcode=on

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

Same storm that just came through Michigan. Hunker down and be safe.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
WTF??

TORNADO WARNING: Maine & Massachusetts!!!!!!

Interactive Tornado Chaser map
Maine
Massachusetts

This is getting ridiculous! Outside of Boston --->

edit on 1-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Heya, I'm in Boston and so far we've been lucky with the systems dying down before reaching us. There have been 6 confirmed touchdowns according to the local news and it isn't quite over yet. Nothing like what devastated the midwest recently but very unusual for us. In the western part of the state where these touched down, tornadoes aren't unheard of but normal years they get 1-3 per year. Other than some lightning streaks and some rumbles its been fairly quiet in Boston so far. Knock on wood.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It seems the storms and tornados have decided to
completely change locations. Please stay safe
if you are in the path of bad weather. Will check
back for updates.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The whole state of MA is under a tornado watch til 11pm edt, and we just had the most intense lightning storm I've ever seen in my life, it was like a fireworks finale for an hour and a half, not even a split second between flashes. I think the worst is over, and I've learned my nerves could never take living in tornado alley. Bless all of you who do. 5 deaths in the tornadoes earlier, and some pretty severe damage. My heart goes out to those families.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join