It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria launches bloody new crackdown as U.S. threatens sanctions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Bush arranged for Khomenis return.

Khomeni refused to release hostages until Regan/Bush took power.

Details negotiated in Paris by Bush.

The dates of Khomenis return have nothing to do with that.

My whole point is that the CIA helped install Khomeni.

Look at you squirm

Your last reply said,

arranged for the Ayatola Khoemani to return to Iran from Exile in exchange for him using his influence with the students

Now obviously khomeini returned to Iran before there was any hostages so the disinfo theory you are spouting is far far from the truth.

In reallity, Carter failed in a commando rescue mission and Iran refused to deal with him. They dealt with Reagan instead. Big deal. If Carter wann't such of a wimp, he would have sent the full force of the US into Iran and there never would have been an Iran Iraq war, a gulf war, a second gulf war, no iran backed intafadas vs Israel, no Iran backed protests in the streets of Syria today.

It is Carter's failure that we are still living with.

Just think there would have been no Reagan for 8 yrs, no Bush Sr or Jr. Carter really dropped the ball in his moment of indecision.
edit on 25-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Lol we are 30 millions people living in the second biggest country in the world ...
no army cant occupied that much forest zone

we would certainly win in a gerrila war

imagine 30 millions Rambo 1

WE ARE CANADA
GIVE THEM NOTHING TAKE THEM EVERYTHINGGGGGGG
is our devise

this is what we look like canadians

chainsaws in almost everyhouse to ahah

All the US has to do is start a draft and Canada will be overun with draft dodging wussies eatin yer foodz n screwin yer women.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Exactly he used his influence with the students to help set up a new regime and bring the rebellion against the shah to an end and create a stable society.

Not much difference than operation Ajax, just the polar opposite regime politically to the one set up during Operation Ajax and then eventually violently rejected by the people.

Khomeni got the students under control and in many ways began laying the ground work for what we see today, a manipulated and scared Judean/Christian West fearing radical Islam, and a manipulated and scared Islamic West fearing Judean/Christian invasion and violence.

Like I said the constructs of a World War all orchestrated by Bush (pappa) and New World Order Company who arranged for Khomenis return into Iran to begin stabilizing and transforming the situation.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Exactly he used his influence with the students to help set up a new regime and bring the rebellion against the shah to an end and create a stable society.

Not much difference than operation Ajax, just the polar opposite regime politically to the one set up during Operation Ajax and then eventually violently rejected by the people.

Khomeni got the students under control and in many ways began laying the ground work for what we see today, a manipulated and scared Judean/Christian West fearing radical Islam, and a manipulated and scared Islamic West fearing Judean/Christian invasion and violence.

Like I said the constructs of a World War all orchestrated by Bush (pappa) and New World Order Company who arranged for Khomenis return into Iran to begin stabilizing and transforming the situation.

For the last time,

Khomeini came to Iran
THEN
the hostages were taken many months later
Khomeini didn't go to Iran to stabalize students who already had hostages.

Instead of the commando raid, Carter could have went in full force. History would be totally different.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Dude what part of when the hostages were taken does not matter do you not get..

What matters is Khomeni could lead a state that the Shah no longer could and that the CIA controlled the Transition which it did.

Do you really think the CIA cared that the American Embassy was taken when that very thing was the basis for what would later become the War on Terror and the CIA becoming more powerful than ever.

It's all about driving the world to one last world war where the religions of the world fight to eliminate each other so a New World Order Police State can be instituted in the aftermath.

Its about mimicking the prophecies of all three religions to get all three religions to do that.

The CIA installed Khomeni and kept control of him, as we can clearly see when Bush wanted the hostages released they were released on that precise day.

You can pretend not to understand what I am telling you all day long, but what I am telling you is in no way shape or form related to when the hostages were taken.

The hostages only come into play in displaying that when Bush wanted them released they were released, not one second earlier not one day later.

edit on 25/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Story

Syrian security forces storm towns with tanks, witnesses say

Story

JAMAL HALA

The Associated Press

Syria seals border with Jordan

AMMAN - A Jordanian security official says Syria has sealed the border with Jordan and is preventing people from leaving the country.

This is worse than Libya, their borders were open for refugees to flee on all sides. Syria is making a bottled up kill zone.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your conspiracy has so many holes it will never fly.
Already you messed up saying Khomeini was sent there to control the students to release the hostages. That is proven false by historical dates.
Now you are saying Carter would have had to be controlled because he had 3 options, negotiate, try the commando extraction, or go in all guns blazing. In order for this conspiracy to have control over the situation then the negotiation angle would have had to be a controlled end, the extraction sabataged to control it's outcome and sufficient control over Carter to never choose to go all out war. The variables just get too massive the more you look at your flawed conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Tonight the news quacked on about oooh how bad things are in Syria, people being shot, the news reader looked duly oooohish in a somewhat forlorn attempt to suggest, that we in England should get ready to suddenly hear that 'head-down-and-go-Cameron' has arrived in Syria next to naturally help the people's uprising there. (its part of a whirl-wind tour he plans also for the Yemen and probably a few other places in Africa).

Hopefully the people in the UK are waking up whats really going on. It seems to start with labour's Blair/ Brown's disgraceful policies ,today strangely being followed exactly by the present ruling conservative/lib party's side of the House of the Political Two and a Bit Party System which operates here. Our political system resembles the god Janus - 2 faces, one body! Politicians all over the world must envy our gullibility.

Because Mr Cameron clearly doesn't care about Bahrain and the other countries that have leaders whom habitually practice human sacrifice, many accomplish it on a huge scale, its hard to see where the sincerity of his policies lie until one unravels the hot totty of the world rearing its ugly little head......... money - currency - reserve currencies.

In essence this mini shaking in the Middle East is because countries are using Euros for buying and selling oil, not US Dollars.

The dollar is/was the world reserve currency which provides a huge subsidy to the US economy simply because if a country wants to hold lots of dollars in reserve, they must supply the US with goods and services in return for those dollars. If like Japan you import 80% of your oil you need a lot of dollars in reservce which is why Japan is a major subsidiser of the US.

The more dollars that circulate outside the USA the more goods and services it has imported virtually for free, which is how the US has managed to run a huge trade deficit for so long. Also the USA is getting a massive interest-free loan from the rest of the world.

The first country to hop currency was Iraq in Novembver 2000 and it was invaded in 2003, and now dutifully uses the US dollar. The BRICKS countries are all working on choosing another currency rather than the US$ to hold their reserves in and obviously buy their goods, such as oil. This means that OPEC is under pressure to break its agreement to only trade in US$ and trading is already taking placenow also in Euros etc.

In actual fact when you realize the effect that the conversion of US$ to other currencies is having already on the American economy, apart from meaning that the US will have to start paying its debts, its also had a devastating effect on US property and stock markets. The ultimate is that the Fed will eventually not be able to print any more money. There are still huge amounts of reserve dollars held in China, Japan, the EU etc so I suppose the Middle East is lucky those money men are only giving it a shaking for the time being.

I do think altruistic reasons for offering help etc as indeed the US and UK governments have done in the past aren't even on the table this time. .

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
U.S. orders some embassy staff to leave Syria
WASHINGTON, April 25 | Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:16pm EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/syria-usa-diplomats-idUSN2523381520110426

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Saw this video on al-jazeera

They say the military is using artillery and tanks on the people.

A government spokesperson said the government has confiscated large amounts of weapons and ammunition

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I would hate to tell a "I told you so"
Syria WILL become Libya #2

basicaly Its war on terror V2.0
with a revolution disguisement
i dont know how in hell did they manage that massive revolution in the ME.. but it serve the zionist regime wonderfully

if they could wish a wish right now to overthrow Syria and Iran
a revolution would be perfect
the reason would be to protect the protesters obviously

I see everything unfolding like a 26 pages book displaying A to Z

Iran will not let any foreign entities enter one of their main ally
Amhadinejad will have no choice but to respect the defense treaty he have signed with Assad

there you go .. we have World War 3
right before our eyes .. and we dont even realised it
people will start to care once they realise there is no more beer to buy at the grossery store

Libya was a tentative that succeeded.. and it was 100% perfectly executed
now its Syria turn .. and things will start to get very ugly

I dont think syria will go into war if they are sanctionned
Assad will take exemple on his Iran counterpart

but if planes start bombing things in Syria
it will be the Point of no return

Between 4,000 and 5,000 members of the Army and security forces raided the southern city of Daraa just after 4 a.m. equipped with seven tanks, and began shooting indiscriminately, in some cases shooting into homes as people slept, according to an activist with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Seven people were confirmed killed in the city, the activist said.

Other witnesses described a trail of dead bodies in the streets.

"Ambulances could not help the injured because of the snipers and army officers who are deployed all over the city," one witness in Daraa said. "They shoot on anything that moves."

A military official -- the second commander in a brigade that entered Daraa -- defected over the violence, the activist with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and another opposition source said. The commander was then arrested, the activist said.

"The United States is pursuing a range of possible policy options, including targeted sanctions, to respond to the crackdown and make clear that this behavior is unacceptable," Vietor said in the statement. "The Syrian people's call for freedom of expression, association, peaceful assembly, and the ability to freely choose their leaders must be heard."

The United States is preparing new sanctions against members of Bashar al-Assad's regime who are overseeing the violent crackdown, according to several senior U.S. officials with knowledge of the action. A new Treasury Department executive order targeting senior officials accused of human rights abuses would involve an asset freeze and travel ban, as well as prohibiting them from doing business in the United States.

A U.N. diplomat said a draft security council statement sponsored by France, Portgual, and the United Kingdom condemned the violence and called for restraint. It also supported Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's call for an independent investigation on the matter. The draft was to be formally introduced Monday, and a final statement could be agreed upon by Tuesday, the diplomat said.

U.N. human rights chief Navi Pillay issued a statement saying Syria has offered "paper reforms followed by violent crackdowns on protesters."

Just look at this map .. its like a chess game for some elites
All the pions are almost in place for the final showdown

Dont underestimate China and Russia
Will they let Nato strike inside Syria .. dont think so

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c96ce8ed656.png[/atsimg]

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/25/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

How did they manage it? By paying off local dissidents.
It wouldn't be hard to find some willing, considering all these countries so far have been dictatorships and brutal ones at that.
All that was needed was a strong voice saying the right things to the populations. That was the spark.
All they needed was one country to fall like that, and the rest would follow.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Priority number one is to control the Debt. They already control the debt of the most powerful nations on Earth. Remember that Syria and Iran do not belong to the same global banking system as the west and much of Asia... yet.

Seriosuly I doubt the sanctions will have a unanimous vote. Russian and Chinese delegates will probably be asking in private to the delgates

"where were your sanctions in Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan? etc"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Massacre in Daraa

edit on 26-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Doesn't the U.S. still have its hands kind of full with Libya?

Anyway, let me guess: This will result in a war.
And let me venture another guess: This war will be spearheaded by the U.S.
And yet another guess: This war will be solely for Israel's benefit.

Hmmm.....where have I heard this before?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thats what they want. They want the radicals to control the countries now so they will go with Iran into attacking Israel. Read up on the Gog-Magog war. Ezekiel 37,38,39 in the bible.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by Ben81Dont underestimate China and Russia
Will they let Nato strike inside Syria .. dont think so

Why not?...

They let them attack Iraq, Afghanistan, drones within Pakistan, Libya... to name a few.
I'm sure Russia/China have, oil, interests in those countries??...

I say they were VERY strategicaly patient so far

while preparing and arming themself to the teeth
they have weapons against us satelites and anti carrier missiles ready to use
those weapons would have not been build unless they though the risk of using them were very high
to confront the mighty US .. but now with the 3-4 wars we have .. the beast is weakened
adding the 15 trillion federal debts .
if Nato or the Us decide to make Syria a Lybia number 2 .. then we have this infamous WW3

China owns pretty much the us right now
China "We Own the USA" pub on CNN
thats why the US will never be nuked by Russia or China unless it is very necessary
they will try to invade first from all side
with the US population hostage .. it would be suicidal to launch a counter nuke move on China/Russia

By the same token, it would be suicidal for China or Russia to attack the US. A full on amphibious landing would surely result in a nuclear strike on all opposing countries.

The only hope China or Russia would have would be a pre-emptive decapitation strike on the American leadership, most likely by Russian subs close to Washington and other strategic locations.

The only other result I see is global nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
Doesn't the U.S. still have its hands kind of full with Libya?

Anyway, let me guess: This will result in a war.
And let me venture another guess: This war will be spearheaded by the U.S.
And yet another guess: This war will be solely for Israel's benefit.

Hmmm.....where have I heard this before?

Yes,because if Syria is going to be attacked,Iran is pretty much forced to defend it somehow...if they don´t,they are alone when Israel decides to attack them...either way Iran will lose...unless Europe/Russia/China/other Arab States decides "enough is enough" and start WW3...

Syria is very different then Lybia...because the Actions of Syria and its Ally,Iran,will decide what happens next...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
As much as people want it to happen on here, China will not get involved for a long time.

Iran, I am surprised that we haven't gone to war with them yet. In late 2009 and early 2010 we were briefed to actually deploy in Iran. Both times got called off.

Do I agree with all of this? Hell no. We are already stretching our troops more than what is adequately needed to maintain a designated area. We go to war and have to face so much politics that we cannot win. We could easily wipe some of these countries off the face of the Earth and everything less. With these politics we cannot efficiently hold down any unpopular area for a matter of time. The sad thing is we were told wed be over there for at least another decade. What a waste.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Heres another video from al-jazeera. Basically says more sanctions are being considered, some against Assad and his family

Also, from al-jazeera's live blog, the UK and others are thinking up "further measures" (sanctions im guessing) against Syria

blogs.aljazeera.net...

11:23am Britain says it is working with international partners on possible further measures against Syria.

"This includes working with our partners on the United Nations Security Council to send a strong signal to the Syrian authorities that the eyes of the international community are on Syria, and with our partners in the European Union and the region on possible further measures."

edit on 26-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

It seems the situation has developed some what.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Syria violence: US warns citizens to leave.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join