It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria launches bloody new crackdown as U.S. threatens sanctions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Syria launches bloody new crackdown as U.S. threatens sanctions

www.cnn.com

The Syrian government launched a major military operation Monday, sending thousands of troops into the town where the country's uprising began, to carry out what witnesses described as a brutal, wider-scale crackdown.

The United States threatened sanctions against the country, calling for a halt to Syria's "deplorable" actions. At the United Nations, a draft statement condemning the violence was being circulated among security council members, a U.N. diplomat said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
It's Official: "Arab Spring" Subversion U.S. Funded
Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran
Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 4/26/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would hate to tell a "I told you so"
Syria WILL become Libya #2

basicaly Its war on terror V2.0
with a revolution disguisement
i dont know how in hell did they manage that massive revolution in the ME.. but it serve the zionist regime wonderfully

if they could wish a wish right now to overthrow Syria and Iran
a revolution would be perfect
the reason would be to protect the protesters obviously

I see everything unfolding like a 26 pages book displaying A to Z

Iran will not let any foreign entities enter one of their main ally
Amhadinejad will have no choice but to respect the defense treaty he have signed with Assad

there you go .. we have World War 3
right before our eyes .. and we dont even realised it
people will start to care once they realise there is no more beer to buy at the grossery store

Libya was a tentative that succeeded.. and it was 100% perfectly executed
now its Syria turn .. and things will start to get very ugly

I dont think syria will go into war if they are sanctionned
Assad will take exemple on his Iran counterpart

but if planes start bombing things in Syria
it will be the Point of no return

Between 4,000 and 5,000 members of the Army and security forces raided the southern city of Daraa just after 4 a.m. equipped with seven tanks, and began shooting indiscriminately, in some cases shooting into homes as people slept, according to an activist with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Seven people were confirmed killed in the city, the activist said.

Other witnesses described a trail of dead bodies in the streets.

"Ambulances could not help the injured because of the snipers and army officers who are deployed all over the city," one witness in Daraa said. "They shoot on anything that moves."

A military official -- the second commander in a brigade that entered Daraa -- defected over the violence, the activist with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and another opposition source said. The commander was then arrested, the activist said.

"The United States is pursuing a range of possible policy options, including targeted sanctions, to respond to the crackdown and make clear that this behavior is unacceptable," Vietor said in the statement. "The Syrian people's call for freedom of expression, association, peaceful assembly, and the ability to freely choose their leaders must be heard."

The United States is preparing new sanctions against members of Bashar al-Assad's regime who are overseeing the violent crackdown, according to several senior U.S. officials with knowledge of the action. A new Treasury Department executive order targeting senior officials accused of human rights abuses would involve an asset freeze and travel ban, as well as prohibiting them from doing business in the United States.

A U.N. diplomat said a draft security council statement sponsored by France, Portgual, and the United Kingdom condemned the violence and called for restraint. It also supported Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's call for an independent investigation on the matter. The draft was to be formally introduced Monday, and a final statement could be agreed upon by Tuesday, the diplomat said.

U.N. human rights chief Navi Pillay issued a statement saying Syria has offered "paper reforms followed by violent crackdowns on protesters."

Just look at this map .. its like a chess game for some elites
All the pions are almost in place for the final showdown

Dont underestimate China and Russia
Will they let Nato strike inside Syria .. dont think so

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c96ce8ed656.png[/atsimg]

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/25/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You can bet the Russians and Chinese have been waiting for the right moment,personally i wouldn't mind it if the russians liberate the entire euporean peninsula.

America and NATO are both hated by alot of euporean people even Germans dont like the unfitted Germany now.

Good thread op.

S&F
edit on 25-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Totally disgustiong where is the responce on the brutal bahrain crackdown ?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Something tells me that this is the beginning of the end for Iran and Syria and I don't think that's gonna be a good thing in the long run.

Thanks for the Info OP.

S&F

IT--

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Nothing will come of Syria, mark my words, sanctions will be imposed and the whole thing brushed under the carpet.

no ww3 here sorry, move along.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
You can bet the Russians and Chinese have been waiting for the right moment,personally i wouldn't mind it if the russians liberate the entire euporean peninsula.

America and NATO are both hated by alot of euporean people even Germans dont like the unfitted Germany now.

Good thread op.

S&F
edit on 25-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Totaly agree with you on this
Before we were viewed like saviors .. now we are the new modern Tyran of the world
using the democratic excuse in a hypocrite way .. now everyone know what america has become (oppressor)

Russia and China have been waiting a long time for a chance like this

this time Russia will be welcomed in Afghanistan like the real savior that will remove the occupation force
all the warlord will also help in combat ... Irak will also be lost in the process

Egypt was an exercise .. to know how much its possible to remove a leader in place
Lybia was also a testing ground to know how to proceed if the leader doesnt want to quit and start killing the protester who riot in the street

the question to ask now:
How many days do you think it would take before the us riot police have the shoot to kill orders if there is a revolution in the USA ?

i bet on the first day ..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do they not realize this is fire which is being played with? Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah made an agreement to assist each other in the event any of the three come under assault. It was signed and must be honored.

Saudi Arabia is also not playing around with this either, they are confronting Iran over Bahrain. What many do not know about this small island Kingdom is that it is ruled by a puppet Sunni royal family with a Shiite majority. Saudi Arabia is Sunni Islamic, Iran is Shiite Islamic, it is a tug of war for who will control Bahrain.

The House of Saud knew that Iran would never militarily confront them over Bahrain because it would be a perfect excuse to annihilate their regime. They have played this geopolitical game perfectly and are picking up where the West left off. Egypt is now becoming an ever closer ally of the Islamic Republic and so is Turkey, a NATO member state.

As of now it makes little sense to me why the CIA would instigate these revolutions, but I am sure they have. Why give Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, and Syria over to the Muslim Brotherhood? Would that not create an alliance with Iran?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Nothing will come of Syria, mark my words, sanctions will be imposed and the whole thing brushed under the carpet.

no ww3 here sorry, move along.

lol
from someone who have this signature

Third World War will begin in March of 2014 please read my thread... 2012 is now OLD news...

the outcome chances of a ww3 breaking out because of Syria is very high
The US and Israel have been waiting for this for a long long time
a perfect scenario with the perfect reasons to launch strike in Syria
remember the strike on the Syrian nuclear reactor ?
Assad almost went to war on that day but he took the good decision not to
with this .. i think its unavoidable

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a joke right?
Same actions...same reactions.....same outcomes.

How much BS will it/we take.

Personally i believe TPTB are being so reckless
and in-your-face for very immediate reasons.

Endgame? Caution to the (ill)wind?

All these changes since 9/11 were towards some end, no?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
CNN REPORTED this morning that MASS Syrian troop movements were underway towards the Jordanian border.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81Dont underestimate China and Russia
Will they let Nato strike inside Syria .. dont think so

Why not?...

They let them attack Iraq, Afghanistan, drones within Pakistan, Libya... to name a few.
I'm sure Russia/China have, oil, interests in those countries??...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
2014 is still another 3 years away

WW3 was suppose to start when we invaded iraq
WW3 was suppose to start when we attacked Libya
WW3 was suppose to start when North Korea bombed the south korean islands
WW3 was suppose to start about 1000 times in the last year!

Please, think about what you are saying... NOTHING will come of this, im telling you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for posting this up, this is turning into one hell of a year. I can't see Russia and it's 160 million people and decrepit military or China and it's joke of a military being able to do too much.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Meh, this will be a pushover. Syria doesn't have a modern army and Iran can't get there so where's the threat?
With US airpower their resistance is futile.
The Iranian militia squads already there will fight to the death but that is a good thing to get rid of them.
The only thing in response they could possibly do is go all out after Israel with the Iranian backed terrorists which will give Israel the green light to go offensive. The Northern palestinian terrorists are backed by Iran and they are feuding with the gaza Muslim Brotherhood backed palestinian terrorists, perfect for divide and conquer.

Peace through war is coming to the Middle East, just as historically all peace is won through war. This is a timely move because the Muslim Brotherhood is not in command of Egypt yet. If Israel gets drawn in they will use it as an opportunity to clear gaza of hamas. Syria is in no position to war with Israel with an all out civil war brewing and US backed bombing campaign reigning down on them. Saudi will stand down as Iran is their enemy so a perfect green light for Israel to mop up the region.

Time to stock up on popcorn.

It's not going to be WWIII, just a small blip like the other wars where Israel utterly defeated their enemies.

edit on 25-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
its looking like ww3 is probable in my view. if we start itervening with ME affairs by sending in the troops like we do with libya then countries like iran are not going to be happy. so many countries are having uprisings that its so probable that it will happen. there is a lot of oil in this area that will keep the whole world interested.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

it doesnt make sense to me either
when there is something that doesnt make sense .. like 9/11

WE HAVE TO CONTINU ASKING QUESTIONS
even if everyone could know the truth about all of this
it wouldnt make a difference .. there is an elite clan inside the US making decision
and america is not the first priority .. oil is priority number #2
to run all the military hardware with cheap oil while conquering new ground .. nicely done so far
even if many died on the 2 sides .. some people REALLY REALLY dont care about this fact

im still unsure about the priority number 1 but i smell some NWO
something is way to bigger to fully understand the full scale of this huge plan

Why is there all of these strange drawings in the Denver Areoport

Whats with the Bohemian elite member clan including a former government employee now with CNN

But those are nothing compare to HOW Washington was build
Washington D.C. and Masonic/Luciferic Symbology

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f26622fe164.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c1bb73df8c3.jpg[/atsimg]

is it all coincidential .. or
?

any thoughs ??

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe the U.S. moving country to country and starting wars is all part of the Post Apocalyptic Instruction Number 1:

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As of now it makes little sense to me why the CIA would instigate these revolutions, but I am sure they have. Why give Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, and Syria over to the Muslim Brotherhood? Would that not create an alliance with Iran?

Pretty much the same reason that the American Oligarchs such as Harriman, Rockefeller and Bush financed Hitler and Mussolini.

If you are going to have a World War with Allied versus Axis Powers to cull the populations, force immigrations and redraw maps you need an Axis Power for the Allied Powers to fight against.

So they are simply creating an Axis power by helping like minded governments to come to power.

All they then have to do is be enticed into attacking or threatening Israel and then you have the pretext for a massive shooting war.

All you need then is a Russia or China arming or supplying any of the Axis states as a pretext for war against them too.

The sad thing is History does show that the average American was just as oblivious as to what was going on in the runup to World War I and II as they are to the runup of World War III.

Hopefully that will change with the Internet, but as long as vocal minorities, bots, and DOD operatives scour it in coordinated efforts to create a confusing majority in support of these things, it's not going to be easy to wake up enough Americans in time to wise up and stop the process.

We must resolve to try though, and reject the official stories and media and government lies and look for the truth in the matter and the ultimate goals that connect singular events together into a real pattern

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The only truth at this moment is they are massacreing people in the streets of Syria right now, in droves.

When coordinated terrorist missile strikes start coming over the Israeli border, that is when the real fun starts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join