It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.Gator in Woman's Bathroom....are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"Are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?" Yes. There are too many people taking over the homes of animals and WITHOUT permission.

Just because people have MONEY or the alleged RIGHT to said "real property" doesn't mean they can just take over land, water, mineral, etc and do whatever they want. That's like being an "illegal alien" on the original "owners" territory.

Which leads me to another off-topic thought: People don't have right to overpopulate, period. That goes without saying: There is no such thing as reproductive rights and multiple births for humans and illegal ALIENS! My bad.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by ararisq
Why can't I beat an animal to death that I legally own? The fact I can be imprisoned for doing such a thing leads me to believe animals have SOME kind of rights.

It means people like the OP have convinced enough Apprentice celebrities and Dancing with the Stars judges that animals have rights, and they put on a show, and your local county passed a foolish law. Someone around here went to jail for poisoning mice - with poison sold on the shelves of stores. If a dog bites a cop, I'm sure he'd beat it to death. If a dog bites you and you do the same you'll be facing jail time. Its just a double standard. The system doesn't believe animals have rights - it believes YOU don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
"Are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?" Yes. There are too many people taking over the homes of animals and WITHOUT permission.

Just because people have MONEY or the alleged RIGHT to said "real property" doesn't mean they can just take over land, water, mineral, etc and do whatever they want. That's like being an "illegal alien" on the original "owners" territory.

Which leads me to another off-topic thought: People don't have right to overpopulate, period. That goes without saying: There is no such thing as reproductive rights and multiple births for humans and illegal ALIENS! My bad.

I'm guessing that was all sarcasm because if not it was complete drivel. Your position then is humans have no right to life but animals do? Why exactly because I'm sure your world-view holds that humans are nothing more than evolved animals so why do un-evolved animals get more rights? Shouldn't they all adapt to us killing them and grow bigger teeth and sharper claws?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by ararisq
Why can't I beat an animal to death that I legally own? The fact I can be imprisoned for doing such a thing leads me to believe animals have SOME kind of rights.

... and your local county passed a foolish law.

I don't think anti-cruelty laws are foolish. Why should it be legal to needlessly beat an animal? It is well known that animal abuse often precedes human abuse. Also I think cruelty laws are State laws, not county. But I don't know, doesn't really matter, but so long as I am talking about things that don't matter I'll turn this in to a run on sentence just to waste more time.

Someone around here went to jail for poisoning mice - with poison sold on the shelves of stores.

Were they "wild" mice? or were the mice owned by someone? Do you know what they were charged with?

If a dog bites a cop, I'm sure he'd beat it to death.

I'm sure he'd beat it to death too, with bullets. If you hurt a dog in self-defense you might end up in court, but so long as you convince the important people that it was self-defense you are good to go.

edit: I know animals do not have "legal rights"; the debate is about whether animals have "natural rights". By having laws protecting animals from abuse, is that not recognizing the animals' natural rights?
edit on 25-4-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

All have the opportunity to life. It's the living part of life that needs to be better "managed" in which respect for nature must be reciprocated. It's not fair to suggest that "people" are evolved primates. given a boost with alien DNA or created by "G-d" and pals. "People" happen to have more versatile and stronger opposable thumbs and are able to encroach outside their element --- land, sea, air, etc; thus, making "unevolved" animals almost unable to fight back against smarter "human" invaders.

edit on 2011-4-25 by pikypiky because: To edit "food for thought".

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

all i gotta say is www.churchofeuthanasia.org
edit on 25-4-2011 by CUJOCREEP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by ccponzi

all i gotta say is www.churchofeuthanasia.org
edit on 25-4-2011 by CUJOCREEP because: (no reason given)

That's also called Church of Obamacare, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I find it absurd that you say that today we will kill an aligator and tomorrow we will nuke humanity. People have been killing animals since the dawn of time. We have also been killing eachother since the dawn on time. Killing one aligator is not going to change anything.
I also found the article highlighting how police pepper sprayed a squirell to be hilarious. That is the kind of hilarity that belongs in comedy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I can't believe she called Animal Control..........Gator Steaks here we come! WHOOOHOOOO

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

There is reference to using nuclear type weapons in the Bhagavad Gita. Somehow the knowledge of using nuclear weapons got lost for several millennium....anyway, whatever weapons were available when the first animal was sacrificed, somebody would've used it on people, too.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

There are a lot of people who don't know how good rattlesnake meat tastes. They see a rattlesnake, they run and hide.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccponzi
I get a big kick out of these Florida gator stories. An alligator in your home is not unusual for those who live near water.....and there's lots of water in Florida. And lots of gators.

Florida wildlife says the gator will be destroyed. But, are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?

Once humanity, and mostly Americans, lose respect for the rights of animals, we lose respect for each other.

It's one small step to killing an alligator in the bathroom, one giant leap to nuking humanity.

Gator in woman's bathroom.................

One could have said the same thing about the Native Americans here in the US, one could have said the same thing about Texas when it was Mexico. Somehow, people take precedence over animals, although it is all relative, I suppose.

edit on 25-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

This reminds me of Jackass when they put an alligator in Bam Margera's parent's house and his mom flips. Strangely I couldn't find it on youtube?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

pikypiky i enjoyed your post immensely. your writing reflects a soul that honors and appreciates the many others who try to exist where mankind tramples. i find this sentiment very rare and moving.

the comment on overpopulation is also spot-on. i look forward to this subject receiving its own thread. i think it is vastly important. It's also a subject matter which evokes a deeply embedded trigger response that is simultaneously amusing and pathetic to witness.

edit on 4/25/2011 by LargeFries because: spellchecker: one that functions properly is a +, hint-hint ATS. came here just to bitch.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem
reply to post by ccponzi

This reminds me of Jackass when they put an alligator in Bam Margera's parent's house and his mom flips. Strangely I couldn't find it on youtube?

In Florida high schools, it's a tradition for graduating seniors to put an alligator into the school's swimming pool.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Interesting posting, not too shocking nor is it the first or the last case of such being done. No matter where you go in the world, there will be some chance that there is a report somewhere about some encounter with the natural wildlife from the area. The problem is not that there is a lack of rights on one part or the other, rather it could be a lack of common sense, if anything. Consider this, if people live in Florida, and see that there are gators in the area, would it not be prudent to double check where you live to ensure that they can not get into your house or on your property to include reinforcing things like fences, and doors? It would only make sense in that aspect, as it would show that you are taking the extra steps to ensure that you are safe. The woman did state she saw the gator laying on the bank there near the water, so she knew it was there. Animals are creatures of instinct, and in the wild world, it is a eat or be eaten kind of life, most are either prey or predator. She did not take the time to think that her house was secure as it never happened before, and only after this one incident she is going to take the steps to make sure that it is secure. She is lucky that she was not at home when the animal got into her house. Part of this also can be shown as to be her fault, as she was letting her pets go in and out of the house without so much as thinking that something could have happened to them. What would have happened if one of those cats became gator chow? Would it also be a different story if say a child was attacked and killed?
Common sense means that you take the necessary steps to keep your home save, especially if you live in areas where wild animals are known to roam, especially at night as most are nocturnal. While it is kind of interesting that find out that the species in Florida is considered to be a nuisance, as at one time they were on the endangered species list.
In the wild it is competition for survival of the fittiest, where the top survive and the old and infirm are killed for the survival of the whole.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Florida everglades are full of anacondas, pythons, boas....and, yes, some cobras.

People buy exotic pets when they are six inches long, when they get six foot long, they release them.

If someone ever introduces the Nile Crocodile into Florida waters, there's gon'na be some big problems down the road.

Alligator VS. Anaconda
www.youtube.com...

Python vs Alligator
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

What do you do if you answer someone knocking on your front door...and it's an alligator?

Luckily this guy looked out his window, first.

Gator captured on man's front porchJose Roca was roused from his bed late Monday night when he heard knocking on his front door. Peeking through a window, Roca was surprised to find a six to seven foot-long alligator sitting on his doorstep!

www.wtsp.com...#/Gator+captured+on+man%27s+front+porch/649656044001

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Or this gator reaching for the door bell, no less.

www.neatorama.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join