It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.Gator in Woman's Bathroom....are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I get a big kick out of these Florida gator stories. An alligator in your home is not unusual for those who live near water.....and there's lots of water in Florida. And lots of gators.

Florida wildlife says the gator will be destroyed. But, are we violating the rights of animals with overpopulation?

Once humanity, and mostly Americans, lose respect for the rights of animals, we lose respect for each other.

It's one small step to killing an alligator in the bathroom, one giant leap to nuking humanity.

Gator in woman's bathroom.................

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Another act of animal disrespect. The list goes on:

Police Pepper Spray Squirrel

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sorry, while I don't condone bad actions towards animals, i must say first that animals don't have rights. And who said we are over populated. If you took everyone in the world, and had them stand in a 1x2 foot square, everyone would fit inside texas, so we are good.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

Perhaps over-thinking this a bit I think.

And I'm all for (since we are the most conscious things on the planet) looking out and being responsible for taking care of animals, but to claim they have 'rights' is another thing.

Funny story though.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't see how this is political madness. While I agree animals deserve more respect, you have to consider that you would not have any of your modern conveniences (including the computer you typed this up with) if some animals would not have been displaced. You wouldn't have your home, school, or roads either. It's the truth.

Some people are cruel to animals and hurt them for no rational reason. This speaks more on that person comitting the act rather than the entire world populace.

I don't believe over population has played into this at all (besides too many people living in the Everglades in unnatural ways). Some animals seek water and shelter in different conditions, hence gators and snakes in peoples' homes.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ask that gator if he respected the rights of all those little bunny rabbits it ate when they went up to the water for their right not to be thirsty.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
Sorry, while I don't condone bad actions towards animals, i must say first that animals don't have rights. And who said we are over populated. If you took everyone in the world, and had them stand in a 1x2 foot square, everyone would fit inside texas, so we are good.

Every time somone quotes this Texas story, I crack up. Who started this Texas story? It's hysterical. Was this on The Simpsons or South Park of Family Guy, or something?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
EAT the gator
The gator has no rights..
Gator is great eating,

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

How do we morally pick and choose which living creatures have rights, and which don't? Is there a lottery, somewhere?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

For as long as people don't believe there is a moral imperative to the genocide of animals, then those people will never see the madness.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Ask that gator if he respected the rights of all those little bunny rabbits it ate when they went up to the water for their right not to be thirsty.

Then we humans should question eating at KFC?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

How do we morally pick and choose which living creatures have rights, and which don't?

Actually it is super-easy. If your species understand the concept of rights - then your species deserves those rights. So i can suggest going for a swim in some crocodile- infested river and question them then what rightes do they have as a moral individuals.
Show me example of rights in animal world.
edit on 25-4-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: fpelling

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by ccponzi

How do we morally pick and choose which living creatures have rights, and which don't?

Actually it is super-easy. If your species understand the concept of rights - then your species deserves those rights. So i can suggest going for a swim in some crocodile- infested river and question them then what rites do they have as a moral individuals.
Show me example of rights in animal world.

Okay, let's go back to the issues of global warming and the destruction of the earth's natural resources, etcetera.

When animal species go extinct, is that not one more step towards an imbalance of the planet's natural resources?

Couldn't the alligator have beens saved, to help protect the planet?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccponzi

Originally posted by Becoming

Then we humans should question eating at KFC?

Hell yes we should question eating that crap, but not because of some tree hugging, hippie reason. We should question it because it is a disgusting place to eat.

I don't buy into the whole sky is falling if we kill animals bit. Gators are protected and hunting them is severly regulated. Thats the best its going to get and PETA and the rest of the animal lovers can get over it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

When animal species go extinct, is that not one more step towards an imbalance of the planet's natural resources?

Of course it is. Harming biodiversity and ecosystems equals harming ourselves and our children. However it got nothing to do with violating rights of animal. Respecting animals as other life forms on this planet is one thing. Treating animals like people,just with claws and tails is totally another.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

No, that texas thing is real, I forgot where i heard it from, but its real. I look it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
While I don't condone mistreatment of animals, animals don't have rights, period.

Unless you're talking about the Rock/Pop band from the 1960's.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Errrrr .... moderators, why does this thread remain under "US Political Madness"?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by ccponzi

No, that texas thing is real, I forgot where i heard it from, but its real. I look it up.

Okay, then why didn't you pick Alaska or Uganda or someplace bigger, so that every human being on the planet could have a little more room to move around in?

How about Mexico? Transplant seven or eight billion people to Mexico, let them have enough room to sit down, at least?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join