It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharks dying in San Francisco Bay; cause yet to be determined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sharks dying in San Francisco Bay; cause yet to be determined

Sharks are dying in San Francisco Bay, with volunteers having rescued and removed about a dozen dead and dying leopard sharks in small waterways in Redwood City over the past few days in what is rapidly becoming a common occurrence, an expert said.

Redwood City resident Catherine Greer and her 13-year-old son, Lorenzo, were the first to discover the dying sharks at a lagoon near Redwood Shores off Radio Road earlier this week.

Greer, an avid fisher, said what she saw upset her. "It looked like they were trying to beach themselves," she said.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: www.sfexaminer.com...

So with all the recent predictions of an earthquake in California, is this another sign of something is going to happen?
edit on Mon Apr 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sharks have been dying near Florida as well sooooo...it beats me

I honestly think they are probably a part of the massive die-off's that have been occurring recently. Certainly, there has been correlating earthquakes, but it is tough to say that earthquakes are the cause since it is so widespread.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
massive die offs before the huge japan quake, maybe this could be a pre warning sign of another huge quake?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wonder how big they are. I will have to google them. The part wher the lady said it looked like they were trying to beach themselves, is crazy! Maybe they went insane? If sharks could go insane, lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh I dont know, radiation perhaps

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if it were pollutants or low oxygen levels, you would see many other smaller creatures as well as sharks......there is something else afoot

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
if it were pollutants or low oxygen levels, you would see many other smaller creatures as well as sharks......there is something else afoot

Perhaps you mean there is "something else a-fin"?

While I don't have any love for sharks, it IS odd that there seems to be a die-off so some sort. Related to earthquakes? Maybe. The west coast, particularly near the SF area, has seen several low magnitude earthquakes lately. Radiation? Possibly. Not sure why we wouldn't see other fish/mammals dieing off, too though. Maybe only the sharks would/could swim that far?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Google Earth. The leach and flush from the salt ponds to increase production......

Second line. because its all in the first.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This may be related to magnetic pole shifting or an earthquake precurser.

Sharks have an internal compass to guide them over long distance which is sensitive to magnetic change. It has also been shown that a change in they magnetic field around them, can whip them into a frenzy which could help explain the reports of sharks doing odd things?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
BP oil or HARPP. Hang on out there CA.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There's a waste water treatment plant off Radio Road.
Connection maybe?

top topics

join