It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Apartment, good grief charlie brown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It appears that in hong kong, there's not a whole lot of living space. As a result, the gentleman in the video below, had to share his apartment with his parents, his 2 sisters and an additional tenant. Each group was given their own room of the apartment. He was assigned the living room as his living space, which was approx. 300 sq ft. He transformed the apartment, into 24 different rooms. It's absolutely brilliant. Not only is it a masterpiece of technical engineering and design, but it's also aesthetically inoffensive This guy is HIRED! wow. .......

edit on 23-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There's the future for you.

Awesome find, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I did something similar with the apartment I had back when I lived in Philly a few years back. The entire apartment was about 500 square feet, and it housed myself, my wife, and our son. Not the most spacious of places, but we faired well. Innovation is the key to happiness in this world, not money, power, or space. If you're innovative enough, anything else you want will come to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. Overpopulation my ass, think of how much "free" space we have using this guys designs. Great find op, S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
I did something similar with the apartment I had back when I lived in Philly a few years back. The entire apartment was about 500 square feet, and it housed myself, my wife, and our son. Not the most spacious of places, but we faired well. Innovation is the key to happiness in this world, not money, power, or space. If you're innovative enough, anything else you want will come to you.

oo have any pics of it online?
did you have fold up beds and so forth?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
Wow, just wow. Overpopulation my ass, think of how much "free" space we have using this guys designs. Great find op, S&F

i'm so glad it isn't just me that finds it incredible design. seriously, he should be designing living areas for space craft too. he's got it down to a science, with style to boot.
edit on 23-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is really great - a way to the future
with accomodations for the whole family.
Love the design and the compactness
of the kitchen, books, etc. Good find!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Really amazing design.

I can see a few arguments if your a couple living there though.
Husband "Darling I'm just going to finish my report in the study, you stay in bed and watch TV"
Wife "AGhhhh your crushing my legs into my head"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Really amazing design.

I can see a few arguments if your a couple living there though.
Husband "Darling I'm just going to finish my report in the study, you stay in bed and watch TV"
Wife "AGhhhh your crushing my legs into my head"

LOL!
i think they would need more than 330 sq ft. or a higher ceiling with a loft.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
eventually they will have you convinced living in a 10ft x 5ft concrete room is livin high on the hog

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Intelligent, efficient architecture like this is the way of the future, imagine what could be achieved with this sort of design, affordable and comfortable living. Maybe this sort of futuristic building should be utilised in state subsidised housing and council housing as a method of improving the lifestyles (and in turn work ethic and motivation) for tenants as well as providing affordable and comfortable housing for university students. Awesome post. S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
eventually they will have you convinced living in a 10ft x 5ft concrete room is livin high on the hog

well better alive than euthanized, nuked, beheaded, poisoned, biowarfared, gassed, electrocuted,
stabbed, shot, hung, drowned, or any countless other less than cozy ways of removing excess population from the planet.

hey wait, 10ft x 5ft! that sounds like a coffin. lol

the point is, they live in small spaces in hong kong cause there's too many people there for available living area. so with some innovation and modularization, he's made it into a pretty awesome living area. least, i think so.

edit on 24-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Very cool. Reminds me of this place.

It has a living area:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8fac6c468fb.jpg[/atsimg]

A nice kitchen:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9089609e8877.jpg[/atsimg]

Stairs to the second level:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f30332fce3bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Where you'll find a well appointed bathroom:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c7ab6ff00e6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff1010e47f0e.jpg[/atsimg]

And a spacious master bedroom:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc38f956fdca.jpg[/atsimg]

All housed inside...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd1fb441e70b.jpg[/atsimg]
a 1930's grain silo!

I'm impressed, really I am. This is American ingenuity at its finest.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

i love that! been looking at silo (Farm silos not missile silos) homes, tree homes, earth berm homes, all day. really interesting ideas out there.
this guy for example, built a house worth a million dollars for 35,000 dollars. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
Intelligent, efficient architecture like this is the way of the future, imagine what could be achieved with this sort of design, affordable and comfortable living. Maybe this sort of futuristic building should be utilised in state subsidised housing and council housing as a method of improving the lifestyles (and in turn work ethic and motivation) for tenants as well as providing affordable and comfortable housing for university students. Awesome post. S&F

no doubt. you could take a 2000sq ft home and turn it
into a mansion lol complete with spa/jacuzzi, many many bedrooms,
several bathrooms, crafting area, workshop, etc etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very nice. But if living is so tight, why doesn't china use some of their empty cities? www.wnd.com...
If you don't want to believe this link just do a search for "China's ghost cities". I mean there has to be some reason why they're building all these huge cities and not using them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Reminds me of the 200 sq ft one room cabin my children and I shared, though we did not have the innovation that he did. We managed to have a kitchen, dining area, living area, and bedroom all clearly defined. It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of imagination!
(To bad I can't star and flag the guy who made the appartment!! LOL)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Very nice. But if living is so tight, why doesn't china use some of their empty cities? www.wnd.com...
If you don't want to believe this link just do a search for "China's ghost cities". I mean there has to be some reason why they're building all these huge cities and not using them.

location, location, location. hong kong's got location,
1000s of years worth, i think.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I can't wait to build one.
Looks like he loves his lil house.
Thanks for posting this s&f.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

What a nice way to make a bad situation better. I will definitely be keeping his ingenuity in mind as we remodel our home. But honestly, to the folks who think that this shows that over-population isn't a problem, I really don't agree. Looking at the pictures of the area the apartment is in, and the small size of the apartment, I feel extremely claustrophobic. I just don't think we are meant to have such a massive population. Give me trees and hills and a bit of room please! I guess I don't think that cramming the maximum amount of stuff into the smallest space possible is always the best idea... but when you are forced into the situation, well hopefully you can do as this man has done and make the best of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join