It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Apartment, good grief charlie brown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by superluminal11
eventually they will have you convinced living in a 10ft x 5ft concrete room is livin high on the hog

well better alive than euthanized, nuked, beheaded, poisoned, biowarfared, gassed, electrocuted,
stabbed, shot, hung, drowned, or any countless other less than cozy ways of removing excess population from the planet.

I agree.

hey wait, 10ft x 5ft! that sounds like a coffin. lol

And like those "nap hotels" in Tokyo - William Gibson wrote about those in 1984 in Neuromancer - and I thought it was fiction! lol

the point is, they live in small spaces in hong kong cause there's too many people there for available living area. so with some innovation and modularization, he's made it into a pretty awesome living area. least, i think so.

I think so too. Thanks for sharing.

and S&F, of course.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thats ridiculous! Good for him though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is what they want for us, to cram ourselves in little holes fit for ants, while they bask in their mansions and breathe in their fresh garden air. Let the thousands our slaves breathe their own spent air.

Sorry, the guy is a fantastic designer, but this is not how these people should be living.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
Wow, just wow. Overpopulation my ass, think of how much "free" space we have using this guys designs. Great find op, S&F

LOL. You do get that overpopulation has far more to do with available land for agriculture and fresh drinking water than it does with space in an apartment?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
with all the money he spent on renovations he could have bought a bigger apartment.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
I can't wait to build one.
Looks like he loves his lil house.
Thanks for posting this s&f.

he even has a guest room built into the lid that
folds down to cover the bathtub. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by KevinB
Wow, just wow. Overpopulation my ass, think of how much "free" space we have using this guys designs. Great find op, S&F

LOL. You do get that overpopulation has far more to do with available land for agriculture and fresh drinking water than it does with space in an apartment?

i think this would solve that. what say you? i like that pesticides aren't necessary and if it's hydroponic, soil isn't needed either.

edit on 24-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Personally I dont want the ILLUSION of more space.. I want at times to put as much space between me and 3 kids ( one of which is a teen that likes scream-o music), a husband, 4 dogs, and their collective noise as I possibly can.

Great use of space though.. I do love this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Personally I dont want the ILLUSION of more space.. I want at times to put as much space between me and 3 kids ( one of which is a teen that likes scream-o music), a husband, 4 dogs, and their collective noise as I possibly can.

Great use of space though.. I do love this kind of thing.

i like lots of room too. just thought his solutions
were so elegant and ingenious. i mean, if i had my druthers, i'd go for the 45,000 sq ft. former missile silo for sale. lol over 2 miles of tunnel system connecting these pod like buildings to each other. that architect in the video, could make it into an entire city. lol
edit on 24-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Great vid, thanks.

Ran the "greenhouses are the future of farming" idea past my farmer-brother a few years ago. He scoffed - despite all my great references and the studies that had been done.

I think it's coming down to GMO versus greenhouses like those shown in your vid - and I vote greenhouses.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

yep! plus there are already successful vertical hydroponic farms.
i was just watching a youtube about one, where the guy explains how anyone
can do it. and shows it step by step.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
window vertical farms in 2 liter soda bottles

here's the support website
www.windowfarms.org...
edit on 25-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
with all the money he spent on renovations he could have bought a bigger apartment.

Erm. No. ...There's no more land on the island.

Why do you think the Japanese and Germans (for example) are buying up US real estate?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Brilliant use of small space. I wish I had it that good on my sailboat.

I really like what this guy is doing tiny houses Perfect for a retreat in the woods.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
window vertical farms in 2 liter soda bottles

here's the support website
www.windowfarms.org...

LOVE this btw. Thanks.

...Now will expand sprout grow op.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>