It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've had this weird feeling lately, has anyone else felt it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've felt for awhile now something BIG is going to happen, but I can't put my finger on it. Sure, there are many events occurring that bother me, let me name a few:

1. Natural disasters world wide. Here in the US we just had a freak run of Tornadoes. The earthquakes in Japan and other places. There's a slew of things we can't predict accurately, things we just deal with after they hit us.

2. The global economy. The US dollar is bottoming out. Greed has overrun capitalism, and the economy is this huge sinking boat that all we can do is plug holes and hope it floats. Greece, Ireland and Spain needed bailouts too. What really happens if it all falls apart?

3. Celestial objects threatening to hit the earth. Well, they don't have to directly hit the earth, just come close enough to disrupt our axial spin. Elenin is the next one to keep an eye on, due in August, but not to worry, they say.

4. A pole shift. The earth's magnetic field protects us from solar radiation, and a reversal of the field will leave us vulnerable for a period of time. Or not, depending on what you read, and where. Fact is, there is far more speculation than facts in this matter. Anyways, we'll recalibrate our GPS satellites, and move along.

5. Solar flares. Yes, we are headed towards a solar maximum. It's an 11 year cycle, but even the experts can't agree on a specific date. The good thing is only half the earth can be affected, unfortunately it'll be the side facing the sun that gets the most damage.

I could go on, but the truth is, even though any of those events could occur, that's not the feeling I am getting. Sure any of those events could be catastrophic, and I see the possibility of a couple maybe overlapping, but let's face it, the last NELE occurred 12,000 years ago, and the human race is still around, alive and kicking. I think as a species we've accumulated enough data and information to survive any threat. I am stating the human race has surpassed it's evolutionary restraints and can we can modify our surroundings to ensure our continued survival. We have learned to shape everything around our will. We are resourceful and intelligent. Where are we really heading?

I'm feeling some sort of evolutionary milestone. Advances in quantum physics are telling us more about the nature of reality, and we are on the verge of understanding the fundamentals of reality. The weird feeling I have is that the basics of our reality as we know it are about to change, and that we may or may not be able to handle the change. Is it possible that humanity is ready to fork off onto a different evolutionary branch? Will we ultimately be defeated not by our environment, but by ourselves?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've had the seem feeling for two years. I got some guns because I feel something BIG is on the way. Guns are for the civil unrest.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've felt it for awhile, but it started around when I joined ATS last year. M aybe it's a by product of being a member.

Although lately i've just been feeling deppressed.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would have to agree about the distressfull fealings, even the small stuff going on now will change the world in 10 years....feels like something bigger is around the corner...

I have always felt I would be around to see the start of the end...but then feeling don't always lead to the truth....so I dunno not getting any younger.

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I feel you bro

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For past few years, I too have have that feeling. here lately, the "feeling" has grown in intensity, and not just in me... my wife is feeling the same " SHTF" uneasiness. along with odd dreams we are having as well as our kids.
All I can say now is just be prepared for anything

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hit me in 2007...increasing in intensity...Part of me thinks we are just in information overload. Too much info and it is frying our brains...lol Too much doom and gloom.
Each year gets more intense though. But each year we hear more bad stuff happening and more doomsday scenarios.

Natural disasters, pedos, and evil people have a way of making one feel sad about life and paranoid about life. It makes us feel that the only way to fix it all is to first destroy it all so we can have some peace and quiet.
Whoa to the world for it has become a sad place for many. Will the earth save us from ourselves? Will the monsters continue to rule over us for millenia to come?
When you are forced to put up with living 3 blocks from a pedo and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it because we are so politically correct and "civil", you just kind of give up on any hope for a future over than the one you are forced to abide by.
It all just makes me want to crawl up and cry. We are left powerless by our politicians and law enforcement. I really hope it all burns away and that the ones that survive will find peace and love and never again allow evil to control them. Cheers to the future! The present has failed.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My earliest memories as a child include the sinking and exciting feeling that I will be a part of the End. I was fascinated with Revelations in the Bible at 12. I have always questioned the reasons and the meaning of our lives fed to me.
I don't think "The End" is the right name though... more like "The Change".
I truly believe that the end of the world as we know it is soon to come. I'm not talking global extinction (though I think many will die), I'm talking a shift in consciousness. Now, it may be a discovery that changes everything we thought we knew, it could be nuclear war, an earthquake or it could even be an ELE asteroid.
Skeptics will tell you that the internet is the cause of the End Times hysteria. I disagree. The internet has opened the eyes of a large number of people who, previously, would never could have known. Because we can access information and sift through the evidence ourselves, we can come to our own conclusions of what the facts really are, instead of being forced to believe the garbage TPTB feed us.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Seriously!! I've been waking up pretty much every morning with a gut wrenching feeling like something terrible is gonna happen. It almost feels like the beginning of a anxiety attack. It typically goes away as the morning progresses though. I wish I knew what to give thanks to. I really wouldn't mind if it ended like tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

im a member of a forum in ask.com, I posted a thread like this one just before the japan quake. But even though that quake was hughe it is not what i am feeling as odd-weird-off ect. like you there are many factors to say it could be related to. But no its something bigger, unimagenable, i know what your feeling.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Me too. Even before joining ATS a couple months ago, I had dreams of war, martial law, running and hiding and trying to protect my children. I watch the world events and disasters and just sit and wonder when...

I also have felt it for a time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've felt the same way as some posters here are saying...like ever since I was very young, I felt that during my lifetime, THE event would occur, whatever that is and however that ends up manifesting. The thought entered my head repeatedly and was in the back of my mind all throughout my life, but I'd usually chalk it up in my head to arrogance and human self-centered-ness. Like, everyone thinks their lifetime is the most profound or important while they're alive, and especially when they're young.

It also came from the feeling that everything, all of this, society, 99% of our lives, were just fake. A very tenuous illusion, just waiting to be shattered in a total paradigm/consciousness shift. That's more clear to me now than ever, but I felt it as a young child, before I knew why. Before I knew anything about politics, science, spiritual and religious traditions, etc.

It's lead me through a rollercoaster of realizations that have all begun to manifest in their truest and most potent forms VERY recently, in the past few months. I'm REALLY getting "the weird feeling," but it's been all these huge epiphanies like I've never had before, like I'm really starting to "get it." I think the most important thing for humankind right now is to take care of their bodies, minds and each other. Try to be truly compassionate and loving, even of your enemies. While I'm 100% pro-gun for sport and food hunting, in only a few months I've come to decide that "getting ready" by buying guns is NOT the way to go. Buying food and other supplies, sure, but not guns. While it can be hard to imagine winning this way, you cannot win a struggle for peace with guns, even if your enemy is armed. Peace must be the means AND the goal, or there will not be a shift. The dynamic inevitably will deteriorate into Darkness VS. Darkness, in even if one side has positive intentions. So while only months ago I was looking into getting a gun for "protection" during upcoming civil unrest, this increasingly strange and all-encompassing struggle will force humanity to choose between total fear, and total love. And, while it takes a lot of discipline and practice to conquer fear when there seems to be more to fear than ever before, it is the only way to see victory when it's your enemy's primary tactic.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I agree, IT doesn't seem to be related to a natural calamity. Something more like realizing we are more than what we......I still don't have the words to describe it. The input is interesting.....It's more of group thing, I'll admit to that. It's not about any ONE person. It's bigger than just an individual. It's something all of us are going to face, but WHAT is it?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 4/23/11 by Druid42 because: double post, ooops.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The Hopi the Mayan and others have ma think it means the end of man. all the predictions have general simularilities of our current times. I do believe something majorly hughe is on the horizon I dont believe it is the end of man. Whatever it is and whoever is left will come out a little stronger in knowing in advance what pushed our lives to the brink of extinction. I hope we send the future the right message as to not repeat the repeat.to me it feels like a mass depopulation type senerial, be it nature or man made, something just is not right. Did you read the thread on Brittian declares they want NWO? BRIC, the union of brittian, russia, india, and china, then thereis america and her allies who want their NWO. its weird

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am having a similar feeling from about three years old.
I am also having a feeling about something big happening
in the upcoming couple of years.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Claudius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well im glad i know its not just me now. i have always felt something big would happen while im alive. and alot has, but something bigger. i think that it is ganna happen in 2012. it wont be the end of the world. now bare with me, heres my theory.
when comet elanin passes by the earth, it will flip our weakend magnetic field. when that flips, alot of chaos and distruction will happen. but it will also activate our junk DNA. in doing so we will get alot smarter, and evolve as a species.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadBirdCitizen

First, ill just say to the thread overall that sometimes because something is unknown, it is perceived as negative automatically. To get a good foundation, i think one must be consciously aware of what we are experiencing as we are experiencing it. If we feel something, then react, the experience will be defined only by our cultural view, which will inherently limit it in many ways.

deadbirdcitizen, i agree. We know, very well, exactly what results from a fear and profit based competitive society. The problem isnt just the people at the top, we need to look at things consciously and realize how we make decisions that form the world cultural view at every level of society. We have seen the same cycle of complacency->corruption->revolution->complacency. Areas of research are stifled, medicine is for profit instead of focused on helping people, and more. Is this a cycle that is absolutely inherent, or is it a result of our choices? i believe it is the latter, whether they are made consciously and mindfully or not is another story

As i have thought about this over the years, it seems that the idea of cooperation between "sovereign individuals with rights" would be a much more appropriate, effective, and productive way of existing. It is good to speak of inevitable change, as so many do, but i think it is also important to give an alternative cultural story to live instead of being driven by standards that were simply decided before we as individuals were even born. There will always be that story, but its about time we consciously write it, and i think a society based on cooperation would simply be more productive than one based in competition. Through my life, i have learned that that competition against oneself, to always do better and learn, was the main drive all along anyway. Because of mass information dissemination, we can actually speak with others all over the world incredibly easily who can also offer their idea for how we should consciously base our culture.

i think more "average" people are waking up to how they have been used and taken advantage of for excessive profit. However, i think that base greed is because of the cultural story that we have all been told since we were born ("Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn actually details this better than i could).

If people continue to assume personal responsibility and continue to play the victim less and less, i think we will be headed down a good path.

There are other threads about this same thing on ATS as well, might want to check them out too
The linked one, particularly, is worth reading in its entirety (believe me, i know how long it is, its still more than worth it). i feel we are living in one of the most interesting times mankind has seen. i think the effect of exponential technology growth will only continue to have a larger and larger impact on our lives, but i think with mass communication, we should actually discuss how to approach this, as a people (amongst many, many other things).

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Very well put, and I like the idea of trying to figure it out. A consortium of like minded people. Addressing what's wrong, why we feel this, and how to resolve a solution. We ARE intelligent enough to figure that out, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by secretmonkeypants

Comet Elenin is due in August, but you say 2012. I'm not setting a date at all.

I do agree it WON'T be the end of the world. It will change the way we look at life. I like the concept of our "unused" DNA becoming active, triggered by such an event. Thanks for the comment.

new topics

top topics

join