It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veiled threats by undercover agents targeted at people on this forum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
I think "undercover agents" have some better things to do than monitoring a forum where most of it content is not "really" valid.

No worries

Wait, what? You're not serious.

You actually think it's some kind of conspiracy theory that intelligence agencies monitor the internet? You need to watch the news more.

They don't hide the fact that they monitor internet discussions. Especially in places where extremists congregate. Why would you think they wouldn't?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Here's proof.

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

Sunstein said government agents "might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."

Conspiracy Theories - Cass R. Sunstein * Adrian Vermeule.pdf

edit on 20-4-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: edit

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
I think "undercover agents" have some better things to do than monitoring a forum where most of it content is not "really" valid.

No worries

but this is exactly the kind of thing an agent would say.. or ' want ' you to believe!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

There are a whole lot of Abusive Cyber Bullies on here. They start harassing the minute the New Thread is posted. A lot of them are the same people, but so many that have just joined ATS. They have done a great job of people leaving a thread that just want to have a conversation. Just this week I was called a 'bitch' 'douche bag' Have been banned from ATS just on the word of a Bullie. Mods did investigate, and put me back on. Been refered to as Hitler, Called Crazy, Deluisional. Told I was going to be "Rebuked" That was the most threating, and for something I did not even say. Called a "religious extemist" for an Islamic Video, I didn't even post. They have all succeed to the point I will never start another thread,

You can go to these Bullies profile and see all their posts, that is all they do. Every Post is insulting, harassing, abusive, personal attacking. Some of us have got together just to try to support each other and run them off the thread, But there are a lot more of them than our little group can win against. Many in this group have just stopped coming on ATS. They are destroying ATS, I am a new member but I can see why the old members are upset, although a lot of them have been doing it for years, just making abusive posts.

Most of them are young kids, and they don't even read the posts are know what it is about. They are not Government Agents, or paid Debunckers, just Cyber Bullies.

Good post. But I notice they are kept to a minimum here.
Mods are pretty good about keeping them off or removing insulting posts.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You are probably right about it being worse on other sites. The Mods on here work really hard and keeping their eyes and ears on what is going on. I can't even figure out how they do all they do. It has got to be stressful. This is my first time on a forum, and I am learning. I put a lot of personal things about myself like I was writing an email to a friend, but this is not email, and not everyone is going to be my friend. I have meet some very nice people on here and I appreciate them so much. I need to just ignor them. They can't react and start an arguement if you don't post a reply. Thank you and I am glad for all the help on ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You get all sorts of jacka$$es on the internet, some of them so egotistical that no other opinion than their own shall be tolerated, or should be listened to by others.
Things like that are the equivalent of standing in a crowded room and being the one man band.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by newcovenant

I need to just ignor them. They can't react and start an arguement if you don't post a reply. Thank you and I am glad for all the help on ATS.

Good for you

Always remember that many great people from history were in their times ridiculed, ostracised and even silenced because their ideas didnt fit into that eras worldview.

The posts you put up of peoples insults, I gotta be honest I didnt think most of them were that bad. It was just people who didnt agree with you but were either not intelligent or articulate enough to form a reasonable argument. 1 of the posts mentions you attacking people

Not only that... but your hypocrisy, and fanatic defensive attacks on people who call you out, are further testament to your lack of maturity. Your not informing, or generating meaningful conversation. Your inciting ignorance.

I would be interested to see what made this person write this.

Anyway, keep up the good work and remember its very rare that ignorance can be turned around so most of the time its best to just ignore it

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
reply to post by sepermeru

Here's proof.

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'

Sunstein said government agents "might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."

Conspiracy Theories - Cass R. Sunstein * Adrian Vermeule.pdf

edit on 20-4-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: edit

Absolutely Mathias, and not only Sunstein's admission about how any story that differs from the latest state-issued 'conspiracy theory' will attempt to be discredited but we also have stories appearing in places like the Guardian that talk about how the military itself will send out 'sock puppets' to try and disrupt forums and spin things in favor of whatever propaganda needs to be put in place.

Are 'they' here, of course they are, why wouldn't they be, as more and more people turn off the lies of the MS Mockingbird press, and seek to weigh things in a more open and less controlled format, the 'theys' have moved right along with it to downplay, ridicule, and attempt to marginalize any ideas and opinions that haven't been approved for Sheeple consumption. Too I agree, they often use the technique of attempting to water down any pertinent info and can sometimes be found to place a 10% poison pill lie embedded in 90% 'truth' (one of their favorites),

There is an 'infowar' ocurring, we simply have what we have always had though now taken to the next level, a populace simply wanting to find out what is the real 'truth' of matters and a group of 'professional' hacks attempting to derail The People from doing so, and singing only the state-issued sanitized party line.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b43901d3b249.jpg[/atsimg]

With that out of the way, agents rarely waste time on internet forums. There are programs that monitor all kinds of information on the world wide web and they can raise red flags if need be.

The likelyhood of anything on ATS raising a red flag is somewhat remote. That said, I do remind ATS members in the US military of OPSEC obligations, as do other members of the US military, but I have not seen anyone threatened by anyone on the boards in all of the years I have been an active member.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Interesting you would mention OPSEC in regard to this thread Mike, so who exactly are the 'potential adversaries" mentiond, the American People perhaps? People simply wanting the truth? Do they really need to be 'protected' from it??? Somehow I picture ol Jack sitting in his big chair, issuing his famous line.'YOU can't handle the truth'.

Here, let me post the 'rules' so we all know where we stand:

-->What is OPSEC?

Operations Security, or OPSEC, is keeping potential adversaries from discovering our critical information. As the name suggests, it protects our operations planned, in progress, and those completed. Success depends on secrecy and surprise, so the military can accomplish the mission faster and with less risk. Our adversaries want our information, and they don't concentrate on only Military Members to get it. They want you, the family member.

Protecting Critical Information

Even though information may not be secret, it can be what we call critical information. Critical information deals with specific facts about military intentions, capabilities, operations or activities. If an adversary knew this detailed information, our mission accomplishment and personnel safety could be jeopardized. It must be protected to ensure an adversary doesn't gain a significant advantage. By being a member of the military family, you will often know some bits of critical information. Do not discuss them outside of your immediate family and especially not over the telephone.
-->

www.heartsofourtroops.com...

edit on 21-4-2011 by Tecumte because: link and text added

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
In all the years I have been in ATS I can say that I have been warned by members in various occasions because my stance on politics, I have been told from I been watched to one member telling me that it was going to call the FBI on me.
It was actually posted in a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a post I did about the congress whores.

Well I guess some are really touchy.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

You clearly don't understand what OPSEC usually consists of. Its operational details that can get people killed or jeopardize missions. This consists normally of dates, times, schedules, manifests, op orders, locations, personnel data and materiel data, etc.

By your wisenheimer remarks you don't appear to want an actual explanation though and seem to be trolling. There is this thing called tact and I'm not seeing any.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

morning Steve this is what I got when I woke up this morning, I need to just stay off ATS until my 4th cup of tea.

If you are going to pose as an expert on vacuum, I suggest you spell it correctly.

What evidence do you offer that you know how to cook?

You keep promising never to post again. How can we trust anything you say when you keep breaking your own promises?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

LMFAO

Someone must really have it in for you if they go so far as to question wether or not you can cook

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I don't think people should be so mean about it, and I definitely see some real bullying in your examples.

But if you decide that every time somebody says something that isn't positive, it must be unfair bullying, you'll close yourself off to important feedback. It's understandable, but still maybe something to try to avoid.

For example, it might be worth thinking about whether announcing that you'll never post again and then continuing to post is kind of a bad habit. (Of course I think you should keep posting -- just maybe get to know yourself enough to recognize that you're not really going to stop and resist making that declaration). I understand that you get frustrated, but I don't think that comment is actually an attack on you in the same way some of the other comments are. I think it's a legitimate concern. If somebody consistently does opposite of what they say, how can they be trusted? That's not insulting to wonder. It's only natural.
edit on 21-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit is my new religion

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Interesting post.....I mean, just what is the system's take on a site like this? I've been wondering that for a while now.

As for "government watchlists", I find that a bit alarming.....if not necessarily surprising.

Why do they feel a need to control free thought and free expression?

Good sir, you already know the answer to that question.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Don't forget Breaching your Clearence. That would really be bad for someone to post too much information. Your right they got too many fish to fry than to be getting into this. But if they are looking for you they will find you anywhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Tecumte

You clearly don't understand what OPSEC usually consists of. Its operational details that can get people killed or jeopardize missions. This consists normally of dates, times, schedules, manifests, op orders, locations, personnel data and materiel data, etc.

By your wisenheimer remarks you don't appear to want an actual explanation though and seem to be trolling. There is this thing called tact and I'm not seeing any.

Hmmmm, again though not sure why you are bringing up OPSEC recomendations in a thread like this unless it applies. You are the one saying again you "need to remind people". Why is that necessary in relation to this thread?

The thread is about "Veiled threats by undercover agents targeted at people on this forum" how does OPSEC apply here? Is it that people might comment on how the military is also out on the net as the Guardian suggests attempting to have some of it's members engage in the propagnada war? Why else did you bring it up?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes, a thinly veiled hint or threat from a certain member who's name we won't mention here. Nothing worth mentioning to the mods as it was quite sly.

Still, noted.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

My little thread was going a long fine, until someone posted a thread about my thread. Saying negative things about me not the subject I presented. I saw the thread and yes I got upset. The person that started the thread had not even posted a comment on my thread. If it had been about people in general, that would not bothered me at all, but the entire thead was directed at me personally. I and on my thread I did not attack anyone. The thing about "Jerks" was from a U2U and this person even posted my real name from that U2U on the thread which is way wrong. The word "Jerks" I has used in the example of a definition, not directed at anyone person.
The U2U

Definition of word. Invasion: "Entities that come into an area previously occupided" EX. Invasion of tourist, Invasion of cockroches, An invasion of jerks on ATS.

I never called anyone a jerk. They took this out of a U2U out of context, The title of my thread was proper. Other OPs have used a lot more frienghting words than that. There have been acording to ABC news over 600 reported UFO sighting in the past 3 months more than any other time. There was nothing in my thread indicating they were going to kill us, they were demons. Right the opposite, I said they were here to help us.
I showed in the begining all the youtube videos on one link that were on youtube, Not one of these people went to the link.
And you are trying to put this on me as that I am attacking someone, means you haven't even read the thread, until you read both of the threads, what you are doing is just an assumption without any facts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join