It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama call Americans slugs? CBS wont release tapes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
bigjournalism.com...

But where is the audio of the section where the President of the United States of America referred to some Americans as “slugs?”

He did opine that some employees “are slugs” and not trying to do their job. But that’s true of any large institution.”

If His Presidency of the United States referred to a group of Americans as “slugs” and it was recorded, that is news and we deserve to hear it. At least so that we might judge for ourselves just how much insight his comments provide on his assessment of the American people. For all we know, it sounds better than it reads, but it reads pretty bad.

I imagine he isn't the only politician that feels this way.

They all need to go.

biggovernment.com...
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Stormdancer777

In agreement twice:

1-He isn't the only politican who feels that way
2-They all need to go

However, not because of that comment. There are a lot of worthless, lazy slugs. I'm no particular fan of President Obama, but I'm not going to kick him for finally saying something honest.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
Well, the LA Times refused to release the tape of Obama toasting PLO operative Rashid Khalidi .. dont see how this is any different.

link   

Media..Media...Always the media censoring all

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm confused. You're saying that no one here thinks an employee who is avoiding work is a lazy slug? Nobody's ever heard that phrase before, or thought that there are some people who don't do their jobs?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If CBS has this on tape I'm SURE they would release it.
Think of the ratings...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think obama may have been refering to the unemployed not looking for jobs. To bad there really isn't any jobs unless you go to school. Thanks Gi Bill!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Well I can see why they'd not share it. It makes him sound like a Republican.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
bigjournalism.com...

But where is the audio of the section where the President of the United States of America referred to some Americans as “slugs?”

He did opine that some employees “are slugs” and not trying to do their job. But that’s true of any large institution.”

If His Presidency of the United States referred to a group of Americans as “slugs” and it was recorded, that is news and we deserve to hear it. At least so that we might judge for ourselves just how much insight his comments provide on his assessment of the American people. For all we know, it sounds better than it reads, but it reads pretty bad.

I imagine he isn't the only politician that feels this way.

They all need to go.

biggovernment.com...
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

of course it's ok if republicans refer to democrats as communists, unpatriotic, and worse...they get a free pass...maybe it's the birthers he is refering to, at least that's my interpretation. i hope he and the senate democrats screw with the house republicans as far as vetos, filibusters, zero yes votes, just the exact same way the repubs did during Obamas first 2 years

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No I don't use those terms.
I am not republican or a democrat, I almost think the Amish have the right idea,

We are so hard on each other, and all the while the politician really despise all of us?

edit on 123030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i hope he and the senate democrats screw with the house republicans as far as vetos, filibusters, zero yes votes, just the exact same way the repubs did during Obamas first 2 years

Wouldn't it be great if they suddenly all remembered what they're supposed to be doing and work toward getting us out of the incomprehensibly huge issues facing us all rather than spatting like a bunch of 12 year olds on a bus field trip?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

What bothers me is we all know these news organization would be chomping at the bit to release anything ignorant a conservative says.

They continue to protect him.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Wouldn't it be great if they suddenly all remembered what they're supposed to be doing and work toward getting us out of the incomprehensibly huge issues facing us all rather than spatting like a bunch of 12 year olds on a bus field trip?

Absolutely,

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

I'm confused. You're saying that no one here thinks an employee who is avoiding work is a lazy slug? Nobody's ever heard that phrase before, or thought that there are some people who don't do their jobs?

exactly,

the "lazy slug" phrase is a big city Midwest (Chicago) slang term for anybody who is not doing their job !

the "slug" part of the phrase refers usually to a slow moving snail, or it could mean a "bullet" that missed the mark. it depends on who you are talking to and who is listening. slang terms there sometimes refer to objects like a bullet as having life. Chicago has its' own "under-language" slang terms that only "locals" understand completely.

O'blaba is NOT originally from Chicago, but his recruitment there yielded his acceptance into their "fold" of unique language variations. people there even write in slang and are known for running words together and "writing like they talk".

sounds to me like He's just accusing others of what He Himself is GUILTY of !!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

CBS and NBC will sure protect him and upchuck all over any non-Democrat at every opportunity. Fox does the same thing from the right. It's sort of a balance of spew.

Remember when the news organizations were bastions of truth, and would seriously uphold their responsibility as the Fourth Estate to hold those in power accountable regardless of their political affiliation?

Neither do I.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

CBS and NBC will sure protect him and upchuck all over any non-Democrat at every opportunity. Fox does the same thing from the right. It's sort of a balance of spew.

Remember when the news organizations were bastions of truth, and would seriously uphold their responsibility as the Fourth Estate to hold those in power accountable regardless of their political affiliation?

Neither do I.

Fox does the same thing from the right. It's sort of a balance of spew.

I hate to say this, well actually I don't hate to say this, when I watch FOX, they are playing good cop, bad cop,

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Slugs huh, I remember a Sheriff of a county down south Florida, maybe Miami Dade not sure. he basically called the people who elected him Cochroaches.... that was not very nice -- where was the YOUR FIRED, he got a raise.

www.youtube.com...
sorry, it appear a Sheriff Deputy said Cochroaches. I stand in error... Fire that oath breaker
edit on 20-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Lol I am sorry folks but ... you guys remind of fish snipping at any tasty tid bit coming your way.

The media just loves toying with people.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
GEEZ...REALLY?

"Did Obama call Americans Slugs?"

You sure mocked up the OP headline, but failed to read the source?

"What's striking when you enter into the federal government is how generally smart and dedicated people are." He did opine that some employees "are slugs and not trying to do their job. But that's true of any large institution."

But generally speaking, he said he would put up federal workers against any workers in the private sector.

www.cbsnews.com...

By that logic you can say....Palin called Americans Nazi's or Boehner called Americans Pedophiles

See..it is technically true, but what you aren't being told is that they aren't speaking about ALL Americans.

So President Obama acknowledged that SOME ....FEDERAL EMPLOYEES ...are slugs.while at the same time saying they are GENERALLY SMART AND DEDICATED PEOPLE.

THIS OP is only true if you are too stupid to know the difference....which of course if what you are hopeing people are.....and for that reason this kind of aggressive dishonesty is offensive on a site dedicated to "Denying Ignorance"

edit on 20-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by maybereal11

And that being the case, CBS won't release the audio why?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join